Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tiles, Cost and Installation

views

GodsLove
post Oct 24 2011, 09:04 AM

On my way
662 posts

Looking at the promo above makes me wonder how are the tiles i've seen in Super Ceramic where they were selling:

1' x 1' for about RM2.30/pc and 10" x 13" for about the same price....as compared to those RM10 and above for 600mm x 600mm..anyone care to explain?
GodsLove
post Oct 24 2011, 10:00 AM

On my way
662 posts

That's the problem..I visitted SUPER CERAMIC yesterday and also Homedec..the price can be hugely different but yet the cheap one are from Guocera...i'm now a little confused. Hope someone can shed some light...
GodsLove
post Oct 24 2011, 10:19 AM

On my way
662 posts

Thanks guys for the explanation..any idea how i can make sure the tiles i'm getting are of good grades and material other then the price indication? And anyone has a good contractor to recommend for Tile and plumbing work? Thanks in advance..
GodsLove
post Oct 27 2011, 08:45 AM

On my way
662 posts

QUOTE(kucingfight @ Oct 26 2011, 11:11 PM)
my contractor, charging. indonesian tiler. workmanship..acceptable

2x2= rm4.50/sq ft
1x2= rm4.50/sq ft
1x1 = rm3 /sq ft
This are just tilling work right? or they include plumbing job i.e installing WC and basin?

i have three toilets which is about 4.5ft x 8.3 ft x 9.3 ft thereabouts and each toilet including plumbing job, tilling work (both floor and wall), installation of WC and water basin (excluding tiles,basin and WC) for RM2900 each toilet. What you guys think?
GodsLove
post Oct 27 2011, 09:39 AM

On my way
662 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Oct 27 2011, 09:32 AM)
those are just labour for the tiling work only. The installation of WC and basin will be done by the plumber, which is charged differently
What's your take on the pricing i stated which includes plumbing and installation?
GodsLove
post Oct 27 2011, 11:29 AM

On my way
662 posts

QUOTE(kelvyn @ Oct 27 2011, 09:51 AM)
What is the extend of your work? hacking & remove existing wall & floor tiles? Who supply the tiles?
It this a landed property or apartment? There could be additional cost to remove the debris for apartments as compared to landed property.
What's the plumbing work involve? Replace all the existing piping? Any new copper piping for hot water? Or just replacing the sanitary fittings only?

What you can do is to work out the wall and floor tiling areas. Then used the rates provided earlier by another LYN member. This would give you an rough indication.
The work includes the following:

Hacking and removing all tiles and pipes.
Water proofing
Tiling Job
Installation of new pipes (no copper piping)
Installation of WC and basins
All tiles, WC and basins is provided by me
Including removal of debris

Landed property.

Any other work should be included when it comes to bathroom tiling and plumbing work?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:38 AM