Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

☆Fellowship of the Strings☆Violin,Viola,Cello etc., ~String Instruments Lovers are welcome!~

views

Karenalvin
post Jan 15 2011, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
247 posts

little ice did mention he knows an expert teacher that got him to grade 8 very quickly. the teacher lives around that area. u might wana PM little ice for the contact
BlakeJ
post Jan 15 2011, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

Hi fellow of the strings,been playing violin since 2004 and now still struggling to grade 8 due to lack of practice and disturbance by some personal problems,now start picking up my skills back and currently practicing grade 8 exam pieces and wohlfahrt method,yesterday i accidentaly drop my bow onto the floor and it broke into two T-T,any good bow brand suggestion??my budget is around RM100-RM200,normally where u all purchase violin and bow???which import from Europe not CHINA kind of Europe???looking for a second handmade violin,my violin cant produce the kind of sound i wan ady~~~~~THX!!!!!!!

(P/S:im the morkubine porkupine but i loss my password,kindly exchange it thx~!!!!!)

This post has been edited by BlakeJ: Jan 15 2011, 10:10 PM
little ice
post Jan 15 2011, 10:45 PM

PROFESSIONAL TROLL
3,242 posts

QUOTE(BlakeJ @ Jan 15 2011, 10:09 PM)
yesterday i accidentaly drop my bow onto the floor and it broke into two T-T,any good bow brand suggestion??my budget is around RM100-RM200,normally where u all purchase violin and bow???which import from Europe not CHINA kind of Europe???looking for a second handmade violin,my violin cant produce the kind of sound i wan ady~~~~~THX!!!!!!!
china violins are by far the best choice, or should i say, the ONLY choice, if your budget is below RM5k. even if you see violins from german that're under RM10k, mostly made in china, and send it over german to fine tune the carvings and assembly, then varnish and setup. not 100% china made, but not 100% european made either.

on the other hand violins are highly personal, even if you have high budget you might not find something you like, and some cheaper ones can surprise you!

as for bow, i highly recommend the carbon fiber bow selling at euro music KL, for RM230. they're by far one of the best i've tried for that kind of price. they don't have the best sound, but they produce clean and clear sound and the stick is more stable than many wooden bow of the same price range. however, their batch of that carbon fiber bow can be quite a hit and miss, quality seems to be more vary than it used to be, in terms of playability and sound. i've played one that produced quite a thin sound. another problem is the bow hair being made too long, so after a while the hair stretched, you can no longer tighten it enough to play due to the screw reached the end.
TSliez
post Jan 16 2011, 08:33 AM

Regular
1,346 posts

QUOTE(BlakeJ @ Jan 15 2011, 10:09 PM)
Hi fellow of the strings,been playing violin since 2004 and now still struggling to grade 8 due to lack of practice and disturbance by some personal problems,now start picking up my skills back and currently practicing grade 8 exam pieces and wohlfahrt method,yesterday i accidentaly drop my bow onto the floor and it broke into two T-T,any good bow brand suggestion??my budget is around RM100-RM200,normally where u all purchase violin and bow???which import from Europe not CHINA kind of Europe???looking for a second handmade violin,my violin cant produce the kind of sound i wan ady~~~~~THX!!!!!!!

(P/S:im the morkubine porkupine but i loss my password,kindly exchange it thx~!!!!!)
ok, edited. smile.gif

Karenalvin
post Jan 16 2011, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
247 posts

well, sad to say, RM 100 - 200 is not gonna get u anything outside China, not only that, the most u get is a beginner made in China bow, not even the higher end ones.

i dunno why you are so apprehensive about China made violin and bow, they are actually very decent, and like little ice said, many "affordable" European violins are made in China, sent to Europe in white, then finished there. so its really made in China.
Stuffi
post Jan 16 2011, 11:17 AM

Orchid Malevolence.
1,154 posts

little ice, then how should we avoid the bow hair being stretched?

it's not avoidable?
little ice
post Jan 16 2011, 11:38 AM

PROFESSIONAL TROLL
3,242 posts

QUOTE(Stuffi @ Jan 16 2011, 11:17 AM)
little ice,  then how should we avoid the bow hair being stretched?

it's not avoidable?
it's the nature of it. so when the hair being fitted onto the bow, it'll have to be as fit as possible when the screw is loosen all the way.
BlakeJ
post Jan 16 2011, 10:05 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

ha,just wanna ask are there any other choices than china made,but seem now everything made in china so far....nvm,i will look into little ice suggestion~~~~!!!!thx guys~~~~
Karenalvin
post Jan 16 2011, 10:17 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

sorry BlakeJ, no other choices. anyway, best of luck ya.
BlakeJ
post Jan 17 2011, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(Karenalvin @ Jan 16 2011, 10:17 PM)
sorry BlakeJ, no other choices. anyway, best of luck ya.
tongue.gif yeah,seems like this is the only choices i have........nvm.....thank u karenalvin~~~~
Stuffi
post Jan 17 2011, 04:27 PM

Orchid Malevolence.
1,154 posts

Ok little ice, laugh.gif
ilovestitch
post Jan 17 2011, 10:53 PM

On my way
554 posts

There are ambiguous meanings to tenuto received from different websites that explain the definition of it.... Can someone pls clear my doubt here, thanks in advance... I see this notation in the pience "Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus", which is the first song in suzuki book 2... pls!!! anyone???
BlakeJ
post Jan 18 2011, 11:24 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(ilovestitch @ Jan 17 2011, 10:53 PM)
There are ambiguous meanings to tenuto received from different websites that explain the definition of it.... Can someone pls clear my doubt here, thanks in advance... I see this notation in the pience "Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus", which is the first song in suzuki book 2... pls!!! anyone???
blink.gif huh???????catch no balls here~~~~~~~mind if u repeat the question??
ilovestitch
post Jan 19 2011, 02:00 PM

On my way
554 posts

QUOTE(BlakeJ @ Jan 18 2011, 11:24 PM)
blink.gif huh???????catch no balls here~~~~~~~mind if u repeat the question??
i see "tenuto" in a piece called "Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus" found in suzuki book 2... I dun understand how to express the notes with tenuto applied to them... I search the meaning of tenuto through internet. But, i found that different people perceive the meaning of tenuto in different way ....so i ask for opinions about the tenuto at here...
little ice
post Jan 19 2011, 04:56 PM

PROFESSIONAL TROLL
3,242 posts

on violin score, it usually means play a little detached, not as short as staccato that is. sometimes it also mean a little accent but not as emphasized as accent (">" sign). but very often people ignore it, even world class violinists will play as is there's no tenuto sign...
BlakeJ
post Jan 20 2011, 01:22 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

Is tenuto like "-" sign above the note head there?????perhaps u should see how the flow of the piece go then play your own phrasing,sometimes books are just reference,everything comes from our heart pack with tons of technics la of course tongue.gif

This post has been edited by BlakeJ: Jan 20 2011, 01:23 AM
kimmie
post Jan 22 2011, 12:56 PM

KIM IMPOSSIBLE
1,532 posts

pls add sandrateoh as violinist:)
TSliez
post Jan 22 2011, 01:54 PM

Regular
1,346 posts

QUOTE(kimmie @ Jan 22 2011, 12:56 PM)
pls add sandrateoh as violinist:)
Done. smile.gif
Geminist
post Jan 23 2011, 07:22 PM

- ドSな彼女 -
Group Icon
VIP
2,928 posts

While we're on the topic of China made violin, violins from Yita Music (look on eBay and I think they have a website) seems to be all the rage in the UK for people with a tight budget. Quite a lot of people seems to be happy with what they paid and what they bought.

Also you can try considering composite bow as well. I'm not in Malaysia so I don't know what make are available, but I'm happy with my Glasser bow.
empire
post Jan 23 2011, 08:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,502 posts

Liez...can you add me as Erhu and Zhongruan player?

44 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0295sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:50 AM