Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RTS Nusantara Total War, Modification of RTW:BI focusing on SEA

views

TSintifadanyz
post Dec 18 2010, 10:37 PM, updated 11y ago

0 posts

We from Nusantara Total War team, proudly present to you:

user posted image

Nusantara Total War is a modification for Rome Total War-Barbarian Invasion about Late Medieval Age in South East Asia or Nusantara. Spanning from the time of First Portuguese invasion (1511 AD) in Malacca until the conclusion of Dutch-Portuguese Wars (1654 AD). This mod gives you the unique and very exotic experience of South East Asian warfare, and up to today, we are the only released mod that features South East Asia.

We strive for deep historical accuracy, immerse campaign and dynamic battlefield balance.

Open Beta version 0.5 gives the players:
- 10 all new factions in custom battles
- 140++ new, historically accurate units along with accurately portrayed unit models
- Immerse cultural musical background
- Excellent, well balanced battle-system EDU
(This is only Open Beta 0.5, only custom battles, no campaign map. The campaign map will be released in version 1.0)

user posted image

FACTIONS:

user posted image

From left to right: ACEH - MELAKA - PALEMBANG - SRIWIJAYA - KERAJAAN MERDEKA
PAJAJARAN - BINTARA - MAJAPAHIT - PORTUGUESA - VOC (DUTCH)

user posted image

SCREENSHOTS:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

PREVIEW VIDEOS:

INSTALLATION:

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

user posted image

THE TEAM MEMBERS:

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:

FURTHER INFORMATION:

MOD PERMISSION: We permit the player to download and play only, however since we are still under development, the permission TO USE ANY PART OF THE MOD to make other MOD / GAMES is PERMISSION BY REQUEST ONLY

Fell free to ask questions, comments and suggestions in this thread.

Terima Kasih, Thank You, Hatur Nuhun, Agradece, Dank U

From Malaysian representative:
intifadanyz

This post has been edited by intifadanyz: Dec 18 2010, 11:06 PM
lohchuantuck
post Dec 19 2010, 07:07 PM

2 posts

Man, this is really awesome! Anybody make a Mod for Chinese warfare?
TSintifadanyz
post Dec 19 2010, 08:37 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(lohchuantuck @ Dec 19 2010, 07:07 PM)
Man, this is really awesome! Anybody make a Mod for Chinese warfare?
Thanks!. About Chinese warfare, do you mean the mainland China?

There are several mods in TWcenter.net. You can visit here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214

Look at the section "OTHER". You will find "Three Kingdom Total War", "Battle of Asia" and "Ran no Jidai". Ran no Jidai is more toward Japanese.

In our mod, we are focusing in South East Asia, for now, we are doing in Archipelago (Malaysia and Indonesia)

Actually we are planning to include entire SEA, and even include the mainland, add factions such as Dai Viet, Siam, Khmer, Burma and even Philippines.
We will have Spain if we have Philippines!

For now, we are working with Vietnamese guys. If our Vietnamese members go well in their works, perhaps we can have Dai Viet in our custom battle.
dwks
post Dec 19 2010, 09:07 PM

Casual
385 posts

wow! never thought this could happen, keep up the good work!
i will play this when i got time.
downloading whistling.gif
TSintifadanyz
post Dec 19 2010, 09:16 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(dwks @ Dec 19 2010, 09:07 PM)
wow! never thought this could happen, keep up the good work!
i will play this when i got time.
downloading  whistling.gif
Thanks!

Feel free to drop comment and report bug (if encounter) here!

There are several more Total War mods that want to portray South East Asia, but we are the one that make a release, even it is just 0.5 (it mean 50% finished). You can say this is the 1st mod about our area!

When the campaign map is finished, it will be version 1.0!

This post has been edited by intifadanyz: Dec 19 2010, 09:17 PM
y3ivan
post Dec 20 2010, 11:41 AM

On my way
502 posts

do u have to units stats list.?

some of the units dont feel right
TSintifadanyz
post Dec 20 2010, 11:58 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(y3ivan @ Dec 20 2010, 11:41 AM)
do u have to units stats list.?

some of the units dont feel right
Thanks for the feedback.

Which faction units? Can you specify?

We used mathematical formula to balance the stat, armor and cost.

Hmm, actually the European units are indeed stronger than the natives. But they are costly too.

Well, they are quite have the upper hand in battle, but they will cry in the campaign! because the natives have 0 turn recruitment, and the barracks are lower cost, while the European don't have 0 turn rec, and have rely more on mercenaries. (This is represent the lack of manpower in SEA). The barrack are costly too.

And the strongest units within natives is the Pajajaran. In history, Pajajaran has the most discipline units. Even the mightiest Majapahit cannot conquer completely Pajajaran.

But the Malay (Aceh, Melaka, Palembang, Sriwijaya) have advantages, because they have elephant and cannon. Just the human player must use the elephant wisely (don't make them run amok) and guard the cannon troops from enemy cavalry.

But well, if you can specify, I'll go back to the team.

~ intifadanyz

y3ivan
post Dec 20 2010, 01:39 PM

On my way
502 posts

well formula will not work typically for combat battles.

ok this what i did test.

1. melee vs musket
load onside with all swordsman vs all Portuguese musketers.

line formation bothsides with (2nd tier) swordsman (AI) moving from the front (headon) against muskets (3 line formation 5deg slope hill- presumably atleast 2 lines of muskets will fire simultaneously).

range attack knockout about 10% -40% depending on the concentration of fire. once the melee units charge, musket lost 20% from initial charge, once musket sustain 50% casualties they start to break and flee. once 2 out of 10 rout, the rest follow. swordsman has no signs of wavering

2.arrows vs musket
as similar case load 1 side with archers (long shot) vs musketeers.
formation all tight
1 arrow salvo knockout 20% musketeers :facepalm:
1shot of muskets knockout 10% archers (the bad, muskets reload slower). so the answer are quite obvious

All units are stock
Sorry i cant remember which faction or units names. i played it late at night. i dont think i ll be touching it anytime soon.
This was my first try, i might be a bit exaggerate especially 12am in the morning. i m just making a point regarding balancing issues.

i do believe this mod have the similar problem with the imperial total war. nepoloen have an improve mechanicism.

<not mod related>
elephant similar with total war series are imba. only arty can kill it. it can even survive a hail of bullets and wall of pikes.

This post has been edited by y3ivan: Dec 20 2010, 01:41 PM
TSintifadanyz
post Dec 20 2010, 01:50 PM

0 posts

Thank y3ivan. I have forward your questions to the team. thumbup.gif

Added on December 21, 2010, 8:23 pm
QUOTE(intifadanyz @ Dec 20 2010, 01:50 PM)
Thank y3ivan. I have forward your questions to the team.  thumbup.gif
Ok Y3ivan, it's about your questions about musketeer.

For the musketeer, what we have now in our mod are just low level skirmishers for all factions. We are planning to add regular and elite musketeers, and our modeler are now making new models and animation for them.

The low level musketeers in our mod, and in history too, are the lowest grade gun troopers, who worn no armor and no shield, with abysmal morale and virtually no other use than meat-shields. while almost every archers, even low grade one, had some kind of protection (strapped shields).

Regarding elephant, which one unit do you refer to? There are 3 types, the Gajah Hutan, Gajah Perang Melayu and Gajah Kenaikan. Perhaps you mean Gajah Kenaikan (the bodyguard), expected to be the strongest.

Well, if you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask.

~ intifadanyz

This post has been edited by intifadanyz: Dec 21 2010, 08:23 PM
y3ivan
post Dec 21 2010, 10:48 PM

On my way
502 posts

ok, regarding to gunpowder tech. the lowest tech (handgun) i believe that whats its called, by right produce sufficient smoke to 'frighten' elephants or calvary units especially if its fire in a volley. firing in a volley deals more damage (produce more sound) than firing individually that actually made arrow and bows obsolete. i understand its the lower grade units with poor morale. but the price and stats provided are not very reasonable.

by TW stats, the different gunpowder tech only slight difference in accuracy, damage. and it should be at least higher than militia archers as it gain AP rounds.

as i recall in imperial total war
handgunners Ratt:12 (short) Def:10 Ar:7 (armoured) accuracy: 0.7
militia archers Ratt:8 Def:9 Ar:5 accuracy:0.8
musketters Ratt:17(long) Def:10 Ar:5 accuracy:1.2
janassari m. Ratt:19?(long) def:? ar:? accuracy:1.2?

i dont remember the dmg done on morale,

i ll have to test it out some other time with different scenario. 2 swordman vs 6 militia gunners
djhenry91
post Dec 21 2010, 11:50 PM

Slow and Steady
6,763 posts

lol..Nusantara.. thumbup.gif
gud work..
TSintifadanyz
post Dec 22 2010, 12:31 AM

0 posts

Ok Y3ivan, This is the answer I get:

In damp tropical climate, guns are over estimated. Their real "power" usage HERE is not line fire (as europeans do in europe), but close range volleys against high value targets (elites, not another regulars), they are pretty devastating against close packed enemy ranks such as spearmen, and remember, majority of swordsmen in this mod have looser formations, next time, use them against pike formations or line spear infantry, not another skirmishers, or you will waste their armour piercing ammo.

And two or three volleys of them can rout any elephant units and to lesser degree, most low morale cavalries (but not infantry, in fact massed infantry charges often sucessful gambit in battlefield this time, if properly supported), due to their special siege missile attributes.

QUOTE(djhenry91 @ Dec 21 2010, 11:50 PM)
lol..Nusantara..  thumbup.gif
gud work..
Thanks. Why not? Our area is the most ignored by any mod group.

You can say that this is the 1st Total War mod that focused in our area, that have been released.

This post has been edited by intifadanyz: Dec 22 2010, 06:19 AM
y3ivan
post Dec 22 2010, 11:49 AM

On my way
502 posts

QUOTE(intifadanyz @ Dec 22 2010, 12:31 AM)
Ok Y3ivan, This is the answer I get:
In damp tropical climate, guns are over estimated. Their real "power" usage HERE is not line fire (as europeans do in europe), but close range volleys against high value targets (elites, not another regulars), they are pretty devastating against close packed enemy ranks such as spearmen, and remember, majority of swordsmen in this mod have looser formations, next time, use them against pike formations or line spear infantry, not another skirmishers, or you will waste their armour piercing ammo.

And two or three volleys of them can rout any elephant units and to lesser degree, most low morale cavalries (but not infantry, in fact massed infantry charges often sucessful gambit in battlefield this time, if properly supported), due to their special siege missile attributes.

1. against close packed enemy ranks i did test it out and it dont work.
2. special siege missile attributes mind explaining whats the 'special siege missile attributes'

so ur saying muskets are generally useless? arrows can do better job than muskets.
freeman85
post Dec 22 2010, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

wow..good mod ..
this one work with steam version ?
willing to try after exam if it work ^^
TSintifadanyz
post Dec 24 2010, 03:21 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(y3ivan @ Dec 22 2010, 11:49 AM)

1. against close packed enemy ranks i did test it out and it dont work.
2. special siege missile attributes mind explaining whats the 'special siege missile attributes'

so ur saying muskets are generally useless? arrows can do better job than muskets.
1) that would be repaired next release

2) siege_missile is one of the primary weapon type in Total War. There are melee, throw, missile and siege_missile. Siege_missile usually used on wall-tower, when unit get this attribute, it mean their fire is like a tower (if put on the wall, and we remove "siege_missile" attribute on tower because the tower become killing machine).

3) TRUE IN OUR TIMEFRAME, Bowmen / Crossbowmen are generally regarded to be more reliable than guns in this era, especially under damp weather conditions, where musket are not so reliable.

Added on December 24, 2010, 3:27 pm
QUOTE(freeman85 @ Dec 22 2010, 02:19 PM)
wow..good mod ..
this one work with steam version ?
willing to try after exam if it work ^^
We are not try yet, but I think it can, just make the new shortcut for BI.exe, and put the target something like this:

Steam\Steamapps\common\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi\NUSTWPI -nm -show_err

This post has been edited by intifadanyz: Dec 24 2010, 03:30 PM
aliesterfiend
post Jan 23 2011, 07:24 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

Any chance of porting this one to MedII/Kingdom platform ?
TSintifadanyz
post Jan 24 2011, 11:40 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Jan 23 2011, 07:24 PM)
Any chance of porting this one to MedII/Kingdom platform ?
Well, I know many Malaysian like MedII/Kingdom because of the graphic, but this is why we choose RTW:BI:

a) horde feature, for invading factions (without it, invading factions become emergent and unplayable)
b) active naval invasion (well, BI is more active even than M2TW:K, we need active naval invasion, coz we are playing in South East Asia [SEA] Archipelago!)
c) flexibility of religion within faction (well, historically and even until now, the people in SEA practicing syncretism of religion, Hindu mix with Buddha, and even Islam mix with Hindu, and for Royal Court of certain factions, father can be Hindu-Buddhist, and son can be Islam and Christian. Only several factions practicing "pure" religion. We want to use active religion features in BI, it mean that, changing religion cannot be forced, but to make it slowly, otherwise, it can cause unrest and rebellion. While in M2TW, religion is determined by faction culture!)
d) Berserker unit (Maintaining religion in several provinces can give access to berserker unit and enchanted weapon, in M2TW, religion per province cannot be maintained).
e) Pirates (pirate was and even until now, is real problem in SEA water! Several kingdoms have to deal with pirates, and others made pirates as their ally, and even mercenaries, since the time of Sriwijayan Empire in early AD centuries. Several features in RTW:BI can be used for representing pirates, as they can be made as an active faction, and Romano_British trait make them can survive without city)

Well, not using M2TW, we have to deal with certain issues, such as cloning armies, and certainly M2TW offers better graphic, but well, using RTW:BI is a compromise for the older computers!

And for expansion, we do planning to expand the map and add more factions, but using M2TW, is most likely not.

That because, converting CAS (RTW use .CAS) to MESH (.MESH) will resulting the distortion of models, and weird animations, not to say that in M2TW models, double works have to be done in creating models, as the units cannot be cloned...
aliesterfiend
post Jan 25 2011, 01:11 PM

Red Dragon
1,193 posts

Thanks for the info. With coming TW series will be less and less modable I think the future in TW modding will rest with M2TW.

In the long run it's much more difficult continuing with RTW/BI engine due to poor engine optimization.
TSintifadanyz
post Jan 27 2011, 08:51 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(aliesterfiend @ Jan 25 2011, 01:11 PM)
Thanks for the info. With coming TW series will be less and less modable I think the future in TW modding will rest with M2TW.

In the long run it's much more difficult continuing with RTW/BI engine due to poor engine optimization.
1. Regarding M2TW engine, there are 2 more mods that try to portray SEA, however, not all SEA are involved (only the factions at mainland, not really at the archipelago). There are:

a) Siam Total War , centered at Siam: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=331660

b) All Under Heaven (AUH) centered at China: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1026

However both mods have slow progress due to lack of unit modeler.

Our team have invite Siam Total War team to collaborate in ASEAN Modding community, and now we are planning to make a separate campaign for the mainland, with Dai Viet, Ayutthaya, Burma, Khmer, Lan Xang (former Laos) and we even want to add China Southern Provinces. ATM, the researches about Dai Viet are going well.

If we get a researcher or somebody that interested in China history, or know about Mandarin (as we named the units and buildings in native names), we can make the China Southern Provinces as Ming Dynasty. But if we not have luxury, we just make the China as Chinese rebel.

2. This is the new reworked factions banner, we make it textured...

user posted image

and new Melayu banner carrier:

gestapo
post Jan 28 2011, 03:10 PM

Full HD Post Count
1,160 posts

wahh.. can i be one of the ingame actor? i do it for free
justinlee999
post Jan 28 2011, 03:23 PM

43 posts

shame this isn't made in Medieval: Total War
TSintifadanyz
post Jan 28 2011, 03:45 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(gestapo @ Jan 28 2011, 03:10 PM)
wahh.. can i be one of the ingame actor? i do it for free
How do you want to be ingame actor? Well, PM me….

QUOTE(justinlee999 @ Jan 28 2011, 03:23 PM)
shame this isn't made in Medieval: Total War
We will stuck for long time and make no release if we do that in M2TW, like 2 other mods whistling.gif

Adi Jagat
post Apr 25 2011, 09:36 AM

0 posts

This is the first mod base on South East Asia!

Good work!
TSintifadanyz
post Jun 17 2011, 01:52 AM

0 posts

user posted image

note:
- Royal Decree is for Javanese/Sundanese factions, specifically to build high-level factional barracks outside Java (and Bali)
- Colonial Administrations also used by Europeans to facilitate European soldiers recruitment, they're slow to establish, but give bonus on trade revenues as well

QUOTE(Adi Jagat @ Apr 25 2011, 09:36 AM)
This is the first mod base on South East Asia!

Good work!
Thanks.

Umadbro?
post Jun 17 2011, 03:57 PM

11 posts

Wow, wonder will Imperial Chinese Dynasty will included in this game? Like the Chinese voyage through the Malacca strait that would invade the land if hostile act were done on them biggrin.gif

TSintifadanyz
post Jun 18 2011, 10:09 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Umadbro? @ Jun 17 2011, 03:57 PM)
Wow, wonder will Imperial Chinese Dynasty will included in this game? Like the Chinese voyage through the Malacca strait that would invade the land if hostile act were done on them biggrin.gif
Thanks for the interest in our mod project.

FYI, for Nusantara Total War: Portuguese Invasion (NUTWPI), our mod start at 1511, during the Portuguese invasion of Malacca.

Regarding China (Ming Dynasty at that time), At that time, the Ming Dynasty no longer active in their naval activities and exploration not as active as early 1400. As they began to practice more close-door policy.

Meanwhile, our campaign map will include the Archipelago, and for Peninsular, only until some land north of Kedah and Kelantan (area of Phuket to Patani) and the land beyond the north of them will not be included. (even Siam will not be in the map).

As conclusion, the NUTWPI will focused the European invasions in South East Asia, and no China will be included.

Anyway, we do planning a parallel project, namely "Twilight of The Dragon" (TTD). The project focused on South East Asia mainland, and the factions are Siam, Khmer, Dai Viet, Burma, Champa, Lan Xang (Pre-Laos), Kedah and Patani.

The project somewhat run smoothly with the help of several Vietnamese abroad who knowledgeable about their history.

For the campaign map, Some area at the south of China will be included, and we are discussing whether to put Ming as a faction or not. It depend on the researcher availability, if we get a Chinese who knowledgeable about Ming history that willing to join and help us. If not, we will just make China Southern Provinces as rebel provinces.

Adi Jagat
post Nov 26 2011, 09:32 PM

0 posts

Any news?
TSintifadanyz
post Nov 26 2011, 09:36 PM

0 posts

THE GUI

Greeting Nusantara Total War fans.

Today we are proud to present the graphic user interface (GUI) for each culture. The GUI will be yet another way to represent the uniqueness and cultural identity of the people of Nusantara, in addition to the soundtracks, portraits and unit voices (which we plan to use the native tongues, not English).

Malay-Minangkabau Culture

The Malays are the natives of the Malay Peninsula, the east coast of Sumatra, and the coast of Borneo; the Minangkabau are native to central and western Sumatra. Various elements of foreign civilizations and cultures had a hand in the creation of both ethnicities' cultures. Indian, Islamic, and Western European culture each had their turn of influence on these peoples. Islam would end up the dominant religion of both ethnic groups, but each of the others had their own profound impact as well.

The factions that belong to this culture group are Melaka, Pagaruyung, Palembang, and Kota Merdeka (Malay Free States).

user posted image

Stratmap UI

user posted image

Battle UI

For both UIs, the main panels depicted are the wood-carved motifs of “Pucuk Rebung” (Bamboo Sprout) and “Pucuk Paku” (fiddlehead fern). Wood-carved reliefs frequently adorn the doors, walls, and windows of traditional Malay houses. These reliefs frequently depict the various flowers and plants common in Nusantara, such as bamboo sprout and fiddlehead fern, which are parts of many native dishes.

The side panels for both UIs depict the “songket”, a type of brocade fabric hand-woven in silk or cotton and intricately patterned with gold or silver threads. Songket is a luxury product traditionally worn in royal courts or during ceremonial occasions, and frequently features various kinds of flowers and plants as motifs.

Javanese Culture

The Javanese, natives of central and eastern Java, are the largest ethnic group in Nusantara. After centuries of migrations, they can now be found in most areas of Nusantara. Due to intensive contact with India, the Javanese developed a culture parallel with, but not identical to, the Indian. Hindu, Buddhist and Javanese faiths blended into a unique local culture that has strongly influenced the Javanese, even more so than their embrace of Islam.

The factions in this culture group are Majapahit, Demak Bintara and Bhumi Mardika (Javanese Free States).

user posted image

Stratmap UI

The main panels show the “Kayon” used in “Wayang Kulit” (shadow puppet) plays that are prevalent in Java and Bali. The puppets are made of leather that is carefully chiseled with fine tools and are supported by stick handles and control rods. The stories in the plays are usually drawn from the Hindu epics of the Ramayana and Mahabhārata. “Kayon”, from the Malay word, "kayu" (wood) is the “Tree of Life” in Javanese culture and faith.

The side panels depict “Batik”, a cloth that traditionally uses a manual wax-resist dyeing technique. Batik cloths have a diversity of patterns, and there are patterns specifically for infants, brides and bridegrooms, the dead, royal members and nobles. A person's status could be determined by the pattern of the batik he or she wore.

user posted image

Battle UI

The main panel depicted the Javanese painting of Bhāratayuddha. Bhāratayuddha means "India's War" or "War of Bharat" - referring to the great battle of Kurukshetra, fought between the Kauruvas and Pandavas in the Mahabhārata. The side panels show “batik” motifs.

Sundanese Culture

The Sundanese are an ethnic group native to the western part of the island of Java. Although geographically close to the Javanese homeland, Sundanese culture before the invasion of the Mataram Sultanate was very distinct from that of the Javanese. Their system of social heirarchy was noticeably less rigid. The common identity that binds the Sundanese together is their "Wiwitan" (Custom and tradition). Despite being exposed to Indian Hindu-Buddhist influences, the Sundanese did not embrace these religions, but maintained their own traditional religion until the arrival of Islam.

The only faction in this culture is Pajajaran.

user posted image

Stratmap UI

The main panel depicts the Sundanese Batik of "Banyak Ngantrang", used by the Pajajaran King Ratu Jayadewata during his coronation ceremony. The side panels depict the Sundanese Batik of "Ragen Panganten", used by Ratu Jayadewata during his marriage to Nyi Ambet Kasih.

user posted image

Battle UI

The main panel depicts the Sundanese Batik of "Hihinggulan Resi" mainly used by Pajajaran resi (Rishi). The red batik panel on the side depicts the motifs of “Kembang Loa”, the 'Ficus racemosa' or cluster fig tree. This plant is a symbol for the Sundanese philosophy about life.

Acehnese Culture

The Acehnese are an ethnic group whos homeland is located on the northern-most tip of the island of Sumatra, and who have a history of political struggles against the Dutch. Their language belongs to the Aceh–Chamic group, and it is the only commonly spoken language in Indonesia that arrived, through migration, from mainland Southeast Asia. Malay texts describe that the Acehnese originated from the lands of the Champa Kingdom (in the region that is now Vietnam). The Acehnese migrated en masse to Aceh after the fall of Champa capital, Vijaya, in 1471. Situated at the doorstep of Nusantara, the Aceh homeland was the first region to receive the influence of Islam and established an Islamic Sultanate. The people developed into loyal Muslem devotees, generally considered the most conservative Muslim ethnic group in Nusantara. Aceh saw herself as an heir to Pasai, the first Muslim state in Southeast Asia. Aceh has often been called the "Veranda of Mecca," and became a major center of Islamic scholarship.

The only faction in this culture is the Aceh Sultanate.

user posted image

Stratmap UI

The motifs on the main and side panels depict the designs used by Gayo people, known as 'Kerawang Gayo'. The Gayo are a tribe native to the central highlands of Aceh. The Gayonese language is distinct from Acehnese, but their culture, including song, dance, clothes, textile designs, architecture and carvings have influenced Acehnese culture. Kerawang Gayo is used extensively as a decoration on textile and wood carvings.

Historically, before being conquered by the Sultanate of Aceh and subsequent introduction of Islam, it is speculated that the Gayonese established their own pre-Islamic kingdom, known as 'Linge', in central Aceh. During the war between Aceh and the Dutch, Gayo was the last province in Indonesia to be subjugated by Dutch, remaining an Aceh stronghold used by Acehnese militants to launch guerilla attacks against Dutch, until being conquered and pacified in the 20th century.

user posted image

Battle UI

The main panel depicts the Pinto Aceh, the design used to by the Acehnese to make gold and silver ornaments and adornments. The red coloured textiles on the side panels are the Acehnese 'Songket'.
TSintifadanyz
post Nov 26 2011, 09:40 PM

0 posts

Sulawesian Culture

The people of Eastern Nusantara are often referred to as the ‘people of the current’, reflective of their close ties to the sea. The peoples of Sulawesi, such as the Bugis, Makassan, Mandarese, and Butonese, as well as the Moluccans, Tausug and Bajau in the Philippines and Borneo, have long been renowned throughout Nusantara as excellent seafarers, whether as shipbuilders, traders, pirates, mercenaries, or migrants. They sailed as far as northern Australia and New Guinea, to collect forest and sea products and trade them in the markets of Asia. The sea was their highway, and they are famed for their adventures, migrations and capacity to undertake the most dangerous of enterprises.

The factions in this culture are Gowa-Tallo and Nagara Daha.

user posted image

Stratmap UI

The main panel depicts the Padekawang ship, one of the traditional vessels of the Makassan and Bugis people. The side panels depicts the Tenun Bugis, the traditional Bugis textile.

user posted image

Battle UI

The main panel depicts two crossed 'Badik Makasar', the traditional weapon of the Makassan people, with the Kelasak, the traditional shield used by the peoples of that region. The textiles on the side panels are the Tenun Bugis.

European Culture

Europeans first came to Southeast Asia in the 16th century. It was the lure of trade that first brought Europeans to Southeast Asia, while missionaries also came in ships to spread Christianity into the region. Portugal was the first European power to establish a bridgehead into the lucrative Southeast Asia trade route with the conquest of the Sultanate of Malacca in 1511. The Dutch followed and soon superceded Portugal as the main European power in the region.

The factions in this culture are Portugal and the VOC.

user posted image

Stratmap UI

The main panel depicts a European painting of a trading city, while the side panels depict an old European map of Southeast Asia.

user posted image

Battle UI

The main and side panels depict a European painting of a sea battle.

Credits:

• 2D art: Plutoboyz
  • Textwork: Intifadanyz
  • Research: Plutoboyz and Intifadanyz
  • Grammatical corrector: Gamegeek2 and Pazu the Kitsune

baabaaer
post Oct 19 2012, 02:45 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

How do your mod do now? are you still working on it?
TSintifadanyz
post Mar 29 2013, 03:33 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(baabaaer @ Oct 19 2012, 02:45 AM)
How do your mod do now? are you still working on it?
Sorry for the long hiatus.

Anyway, right now, we are focusing in making campaign map.

mrhulk
post Mar 29 2013, 04:16 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

great job.....
Tiger I
post Mar 30 2013, 02:46 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

seriously
this is awesome biggrin.gif
baabaaer
post Mar 31 2013, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(intifadanyz @ Mar 29 2013, 03:33 PM)
Sorry for the long hiatus.

Anyway, right now, we are focusing in making campaign map.

Excellent! There is Sabah too! But there's no sarawak? I guess you're working on it. Anyways, good to hear you're working on campaign. Will the language be local, or English?
TSintifadanyz
post Mar 31 2013, 08:34 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(baabaaer @ Mar 31 2013, 04:19 PM)
Excellent! There is Sabah too! But there's no sarawak? I guess you're working on it. Anyways, good to hear you're working on campaign. Will the language be local, or English?
I made the whole Borneo island. Of course Sarawak and Kalimantan will be there. I show Sabah because people will recognize her right away, coz of "bunny shape".

The language will be English, until somebody want to help us translating the menus, ui, buttons into Malay or any language that use alphabet ABC. (There are Chinese version of original RTW, but that sole separately)

This post has been edited by intifadanyz: Mar 31 2013, 08:38 PM
TSintifadanyz
post Mar 31 2013, 08:39 PM

0 posts

for the time being we follow Europa Barbarorum style, which army units names are in local language + English translation in bracket such as :

Malay : Penjurit (Malay Skirmisher)
Javanese : Jago Karyo (Javanese Levy)
Portuguese : Cavaleiros Fidalgos (Portuguese Knights)

For the name, we aim to use the name as close as what being used in Medieval times, so you will fined that the unit names somewhat archaic words, as the names are taken from Malay and Acehnese Hikayat, Javanese Babad, Minangkabaus Tambo and Kaba, Sureq Galigo for Makassan etc.

So instead of direct translation, "Malay Spearmen" should be not translated as "Tentera Tombak Melayu" but should be "Pertikaman", as Pertikaman is the medieval Malay word used in Hikayat.

"Malay Royal Elephant Bodyguard" should not directly translated as "Pengawal Bergajah Diraja Melayu" but "Bentara Gajah Kenaikan"

"Sumateran Pikemen" not "Tentoro Tumbak Dhowo" (direct translation : Long spear troop) but should be "Sindang Merdike".

And we are planning to use their local name for local unit such as

Urak Lawoi (Sea People)
Urang Gayo (Gayo cavalry)
Ono Niha (Nias tribesmen)
Ureng Madura (Madurese)
To' Riaja (Torajan Tribesmen)
Kalak Karo (Batak tribesmen)

This post has been edited by intifadanyz: Apr 1 2013, 01:01 AM
baabaaer
post Apr 2 2013, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(intifadanyz @ Mar 31 2013, 08:39 PM)
for the time being we follow Europa Barbarorum style, which army units names are in local language + English translation in bracket such as :

Malay : Penjurit (Malay Skirmisher)
Javanese : Jago Karyo (Javanese Levy)
Portuguese : Cavaleiros Fidalgos (Portuguese Knights)
For the name, we aim to use the name as close as what being used in Medieval times, so you will fined that the unit names somewhat archaic words, as the names are taken from Malay and Acehnese Hikayat, Javanese Babad, Minangkabaus Tambo and Kaba, Sureq Galigo for Makassan etc.
So instead of direct translation, "Malay Spearmen" should be not translated as "Tentera Tombak Melayu" but should be "Pertikaman", as Pertikaman is the medieval Malay word used in Hikayat.

"Malay Royal Elephant Bodyguard" should not directly translated as "Pengawal Bergajah Diraja Melayu" but "Bentara Gajah Kenaikan"

"Sumateran Pikemen" not "Tentoro Tumbak Dhowo" (direct translation : Long spear troop) but should be "Sindang Merdike".

And we are planning to use their local name for local unit such as

Urak Lawoi (Sea People)
Urang Gayo (Gayo cavalry)
Ono Niha (Nias tribesmen)
Ureng Madura (Madurese)
To' Riaja (Torajan Tribesmen)
Kalak Karo (Batak tribesmen)
Deep research. I applaud your hard work.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0271sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:26 PM