On my way
502 posts

do u have to units stats list.?

some of the units dont feel right
y3ivan
post Dec 20 2010, 01:39 PM

On my way
502 posts

well formula will not work typically for combat battles.

ok this what i did test.

1. melee vs musket
load onside with all swordsman vs all Portuguese musketers.

line formation bothsides with (2nd tier) swordsman (AI) moving from the front (headon) against muskets (3 line formation 5deg slope hill- presumably atleast 2 lines of muskets will fire simultaneously).

range attack knockout about 10% -40% depending on the concentration of fire. once the melee units charge, musket lost 20% from initial charge, once musket sustain 50% casualties they start to break and flee. once 2 out of 10 rout, the rest follow. swordsman has no signs of wavering

2.arrows vs musket
as similar case load 1 side with archers (long shot) vs musketeers.
formation all tight
1 arrow salvo knockout 20% musketeers :facepalm:
1shot of muskets knockout 10% archers (the bad, muskets reload slower). so the answer are quite obvious

All units are stock
Sorry i cant remember which faction or units names. i played it late at night. i dont think i ll be touching it anytime soon.
This was my first try, i might be a bit exaggerate especially 12am in the morning. i m just making a point regarding balancing issues.

i do believe this mod have the similar problem with the imperial total war. nepoloen have an improve mechanicism.

<not mod related>
elephant similar with total war series are imba. only arty can kill it. it can even survive a hail of bullets and wall of pikes.

This post has been edited by y3ivan: Dec 20 2010, 01:41 PM
y3ivan
post Dec 21 2010, 10:48 PM

On my way
502 posts

ok, regarding to gunpowder tech. the lowest tech (handgun) i believe that whats its called, by right produce sufficient smoke to 'frighten' elephants or calvary units especially if its fire in a volley. firing in a volley deals more damage (produce more sound) than firing individually that actually made arrow and bows obsolete. i understand its the lower grade units with poor morale. but the price and stats provided are not very reasonable.

by TW stats, the different gunpowder tech only slight difference in accuracy, damage. and it should be at least higher than militia archers as it gain AP rounds.

as i recall in imperial total war
handgunners Ratt:12 (short) Def:10 Ar:7 (armoured) accuracy: 0.7
militia archers Ratt:8 Def:9 Ar:5 accuracy:0.8
musketters Ratt:17(long) Def:10 Ar:5 accuracy:1.2
janassari m. Ratt:19?(long) def:? ar:? accuracy:1.2?

i dont remember the dmg done on morale,

i ll have to test it out some other time with different scenario. 2 swordman vs 6 militia gunners
y3ivan
post Dec 22 2010, 11:49 AM

On my way
502 posts

QUOTE(intifadanyz @ Dec 22 2010, 12:31 AM)
Ok Y3ivan, This is the answer I get:
In damp tropical climate, guns are over estimated. Their real "power" usage HERE is not line fire (as europeans do in europe), but close range volleys against high value targets (elites, not another regulars), they are pretty devastating against close packed enemy ranks such as spearmen, and remember, majority of swordsmen in this mod have looser formations, next time, use them against pike formations or line spear infantry, not another skirmishers, or you will waste their armour piercing ammo.

And two or three volleys of them can rout any elephant units and to lesser degree, most low morale cavalries (but not infantry, in fact massed infantry charges often sucessful gambit in battlefield this time, if properly supported), due to their special siege missile attributes.

1. against close packed enemy ranks i did test it out and it dont work.
2. special siege missile attributes mind explaining whats the 'special siege missile attributes'

so ur saying muskets are generally useless? arrows can do better job than muskets.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:28 AM