Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Long term use of Sierra Glow result?

views

rhaizo
post Dec 15 2010, 08:31 AM

Getting Started
147 posts

If u read the sierra glow website ull fibd that it still need a little maintenance. Have to use type 1 claybar to remove those nasty tar near wheel.

Since u have 20mins to spare, why dont u get ONR (optimum no rinse) for quick wash.

However if u are still going for sierra glow pls share us the results.
rhaizo
post Dec 15 2010, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
147 posts

QUOTE(RahXeph0n @ Dec 15 2010, 09:14 AM)
Yes, they recommend washing using the 2 bucket method, especially within 24hours if there's stuff like bird droppings, and need to visit once a year for inspection, which is not too bad (http://sierraglow.com/after.htm). Nothing about claying, unless you mean I will still need to do that myself, which I guess I probably will not. ONR looks interesting, I'll take that into consideration. Where can I purchase bottles of ONR? Still leaning towards glowing the car though, as the hydrophobic layer is supposed to last about 1 year, and shine for 5 years >.< I'll wager it's an exageration, so I'm still looking for long term user reviews.
Sorry cant remember from where I read about they clay. But I somehow remember reading from somewhere that u still need to use clay type 1 to remove tar spots. However this is very seldom maybe 1-2 times a year.

You can get ONR from KC's frm lowyat.net, read his blog http://thedetailers.blogspot.com.

I've used ONR for quick detailing and wash. For a newbie like me I can say that its a good way to wash ur car since u dont use much water therefore saving the mama earth. You should get alot of microfibers for this else ull end up inducing swirl marks which can be really irritating. Can get some from bro MSK frm lowyat.net.

I wonder if you've done the sierra glow can u go the sideroad car wash? from what ive observe, the roadside car wash not using proper towel which in the end ur car will have alottttt of swirl marks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0329sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:05 PM