Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Online Bookstore, Trusted and Recommended site..?

views

DavidWKW
post Feb 4 2011, 06:28 PM

Love.Joy.Peace
940 posts

QUOTE(melancholy @ Jan 18 2011, 11:29 PM)
hi guys, im gonna rush an order with bookdepository before the 20th so i can enjoy the discounts- i realised that mangas are so damn cheap compared to kino, which is like, the only place i know of which sells us-version manga.

however, one thing that's bugging me is the postal service. i stay in jb, and you know, all those things ive heard about poslaju... should i be concerned with poslaju? will my books arrive unharmed? have any of you ever lost your books thru poslaju?

Added on February 1, 2011, 12:22 am

no one????????/  blink.gif
I/m not sure....poslaju from oversea?? I have never lose my poslaju but i juz send and receive poslaju within my state.... Not sure about other states.... smile.gif
newgal
post Mar 24 2011, 11:21 PM

39 posts

There another site call http://www.packtpub.com

More book in developers, administrators, web development, CMS those kind of books and ebooks...and provide free shipping too...I've been using those site for 4 yrs already....it is the best store if u looking for those kind of book. For those who register with them...sometimes u get an email to inform certain book been offer discount. The price are slightly expensive but if u compare in the market store for certain book like this the price are same or slightly cheep. Hope this will help some of you that searching this kind of book.
LastAngel
post Mar 30 2011, 02:38 PM

9 posts

i have a question on The Book Depository website, hope u guys could help me out smile.gif im interested in buying Gemma Townley's book titled Little White Lies. But i just couldn't understand why is it that they have 2 different prices on the same title? One is priced at $7.18 while the other one is $11.66. Moreover the one which is $11.66, the publication year is even much earlier than the $7.18. It doesn't state that it's a second-hand book either sad.gif Any solutions? Thanks!

Update : I have found the solution: it turns out that the cheaper one is Paperback, while the more expensive one is a Trade Paperback biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by LastAngel: Mar 31 2011, 11:23 AM
darusishak
post Mar 31 2011, 11:04 PM

17 posts

try MPH online. postage only rm7 for 1 book. just now i bought 3 books, total up is 157.5, free postage. smile.gif

http://www.mphonline.com

for payment can use maybank2u, cimbclicks , credit card. smile.gif

dawnreaver
post Apr 14 2011, 04:11 PM

On my way
588 posts

QUOTE(melancholy @ Jan 18 2011, 11:29 PM)
hi guys, im gonna rush an order with bookdepository before the 20th so i can enjoy the discounts- i realised that mangas are so damn cheap compared to kino, which is like, the only place i know of which sells us-version manga.

however, one thing that's bugging me is the postal service. i stay in jb, and you know, all those things ive heard about poslaju... should i be concerned with poslaju? will my books arrive unharmed? have any of you ever lost your books thru poslaju?

Well Bookdepository is trustworthy but sometimes Pos Malaysia will 'misplace' your books. My recent order (last month) of 4 books ended up with two of them being sent to another address! sad.gif shocking.gif Luckily the person was kind enough to drop off those two books at my place. biggrin.gif

But I suppose if the books really do end up getting lost, Bookdepository would issue you a refund.

vroom_tech
post Apr 15 2011, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

I was wondering, will the Customs taxed our purchase(from BookDepo or Amazon) if the purchase is over RM500?

Anyone had the experience?
flufur
post Apr 23 2011, 01:21 AM

6 posts

I just placed an order at Bookdepository on April 18. On the website it stated that orders will be dispatched within 24 hours, but mine took 2 days.

How long did your order took to arrive? I read on a blog (Malaysian), the author said around 3-4 weeks.. but I really need it fast coz it's my textbook..

QUOTE(dawnreaver @ Apr 14 2011, 04:11 PM)
Well Bookdepository is trustworthy but sometimes Pos Malaysia will 'misplace' your books. My recent order (last month) of 4 books ended up with two of them being sent to another address!  sad.gif  shocking.gif Luckily the person was kind enough to drop off those two books at my place.  biggrin.gif

But I suppose if the books really do end up getting lost, Bookdepository would issue you a refund.
LastAngel
post Apr 27 2011, 04:08 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(flufur @ Apr 23 2011, 01:21 AM)
I just placed an order at Bookdepository on April 18. On the website it stated that orders will be dispatched within 24 hours, but mine took 2 days.

How long did your order took to arrive? I read on a blog (Malaysian), the author said around 3-4 weeks.. but I really need it fast coz it's my textbook..
well i just got my books from Book Depository. it usually took 48 hours to dispatched and usually will reach around 3-4 weeks (like the author had said) But they will separate your books though. If u order 2 books both will arrive on different days blink.gif but overall it's good my books arrived in good quality biggrin.gif
jun6065168
post Apr 28 2011, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

Just wondering....
After reading all the comments, placing an order from BookDepository is cheaper compare to most local online bookstore too? like kino and mph?
dawnreaver
post Apr 29 2011, 03:05 PM

On my way
588 posts

QUOTE(jun6065168 @ Apr 28 2011, 08:59 PM)
Just wondering....
After reading all the comments, placing an order from BookDepository is cheaper compare to most local online bookstore too? like kino and mph?
Very much cheaper. For example one of the books I got from BookDepository was retailing at USD30 (RM90) vs. RM130 at Kinokuniya.
Geminist
post May 14 2011, 04:38 PM

- ドSな彼女 -
Group Icon
VIP
2,928 posts

Book depository is doing a 10% discount if anyone is interested. Just use May11 at checkout.

This post has been edited by Geminist: May 15 2011, 01:33 AM
missuecz
post May 15 2011, 12:06 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(Geminist @ May 14 2011, 04:38 PM)
Book depository is doing a 10% discount if anyone is interested.  Just just May11 at checkout.
I never buy books from u.s or u.k...want to but dunno hw to pay...;(

Geminist
post May 15 2011, 01:32 AM

- ドSな彼女 -
Group Icon
VIP
2,928 posts

QUOTE(missuecz @ May 14 2011, 04:06 PM)
I never buy books from u.s or u.k...want to but dunno hw to pay...;(
Credit card would do the trick.
beast_doadore
post May 17 2011, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

I've 2 question about this bookdepo
1stly, how could the postman send to my house? due to post box allocated downstair of my condo when I'm away for work?

2nd Q, how do the local bank credit card to charges on USD convert to MYR?
lytros
post May 21 2011, 03:12 PM

Casual
394 posts

I ordered 5 books from Book Depository earlier this month. Received 1 yesterday + 3 today. Still waiting for 1 more. A bit weird that they came in a package each. Books came via normal postman, I was expecting Pos Laju, but books are placed in bubble wrap envelopes, so condition is tip top. Nice! rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by lytros: May 21 2011, 03:15 PM
yuen300
post May 31 2011, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

I wanted to try buying books from the borders online since there are some books that I find I can get it at a cheaper price.

However, I am facing the problem where I do not how to fill my address.
Since the website does not allowed special characters such as "/" or".", how should I write if parts of my address is Jalan 2/3 E, what can I put instead of the "/"

Added on June 2, 2011, 8:20 amFinally, solved my problem and turned to betterworldforbook.
Ordered two book and I am looking forward to reach my house.

For those who had bought books from this sites, anyone has idea that the how long will the books took to reach here?

This post has been edited by yuen300: Jun 2 2011, 08:20 AM
lowyatben
post Jun 2 2011, 04:23 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Nice thread. I just ordered from the book depository. I do have a question, though. If the books are sent via normal mail, what if the parcel is larger than the mailbox? Will our friend the postman just throw it into the house compound like our other friend the newspaperman? Uh oh!
booklover65
post Jun 3 2011, 11:24 AM

3 posts

I've used book depository to buy my books online before! It's pretty good as the shipping packages are sturdy and the prices are reasonable. I buy my books online through Amazon.com as well, and Acmamall.com which offers free shipping to Malaysia orders! smile.gif
lowyatben
post Jun 3 2011, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Well, nobody's answered my query about the book depository. Yet.

But I guess it applies to other online shops as well. If the books are sent via normal mail, what if the parcel is larger than the mailbox? Will our friend the postman just throw it into the house compound like our other friend the newspaperman?

Another question. How much does Amazon.com charge for shipping?

Anyway, acmamall.com is pretty new. I've heard that some of their books are priced cheaper than Kino's price. Others are more expensive.
legiwei
post Jun 4 2011, 09:02 AM

On my way
606 posts

Is it unusual for book depository to take well over 3 weeks to deliver the book?

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0241sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:39 PM