3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Motorola Milestone XT720 Official Thread V3, FROYO LEAKED! Infos on front page

views

Xjester
post Jan 31 2011, 04:16 PM

28 posts

Hi Bro Khal,

A few observations i have faced after applying the Optimization Rev10 for US sbf.

I have a total of 39 user apps after applying the app2sd and have got around 47% Internal Memory free (in use 92M/173M ). Over-clocked at 1Ghz with 56 vsel , SetCPU with your settings as well.

The problem i have is that lately i have been missing text messages, normaly my wife sends sms and i never get any, but now others have started complaining the same , for past 2 days i have been getting complaints of my phone not being available even though i am in good coverage and can make calls but others away from the location cannot. It could be a network issue and i have placed a complaint as well with them but just to ask here , could there be any issue with the sbf or optimizer that i applied incorrectly?

Another issue i am facing is that i have seem to lost the multitasking capabilities of the phone, for example if im on browser and i hit home button for some reason (turning wifi on/off , etc .) and then i switch back to browser , the program restarts and my previous session is lost, same is with facebook /. angry birds / Tapatalk / skyfire. Even stock Messages reset as well and the message which i was composing is saved as a draft.

Further the phone resets itself from time to time for no apparent reason (even when left alone on the table). Battery is really bad , one 10 min session of angry birds and it drains from 100% to 40%.

Any suggestions on how to tackle the issue or shall i go and do a clean install and see if problem is resolved or not ?

Thanks in advance
Xjester
post Jan 31 2011, 05:11 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(lingch @ Jan 31 2011, 01:53 PM)
The phone resets itself and the sms problems are because of low free ram. It has nothing to do with optimizer or any other tweaking related stuffs. I had these problems too when I was still using this phone. To find out the cause of the problems, I even flash flashed back to stock rom without applying anything. Not even root the phone. And yes the problems especially missing incoming sms still persisted which really pissed me off cause I got cutthroat by some friends because of that.

How does these problems occur you may asked? Its really simple actually. When you do multitasking and didn't kill off the running apps, the remaining free ram will keep getting lower and lower until it hit a certain point around 30mb or lower it will reset by itself. This is the same as messaging service. Apparently the limited remains ram blocked off the incoming sms but not outgoing. And this happens only when you are running some apps and that app is either need data connection or high in memory.

This was a great phone for me nonetheless but I just can't live with having the sms problem sorry to say sad.gif And thus jumped ship to defy the sms problem tongue.gif
Thanks, So i should get some Task killer to auto-kill tasks periodically (excluding setcpu and overclock modules ofcourse)
Xjester
post Feb 1 2011, 05:12 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(khalpowers @ Feb 1 2011, 01:49 PM)
tongue.gif  tongue.gif

user posted imageuser posted image
wow , that at 1Ghz ??
Xjester
post Feb 2 2011, 03:22 PM

28 posts

So on Dex Nandroid do app2sd work the same way or is it too soon to ask ?
Xjester
post Feb 8 2011, 03:33 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(khalpowers @ Feb 8 2011, 12:31 PM)
sorry guys..now i face problem with new frameworks with blur...gingerbread can porte nicely but camera and camcoder can't be open...sad.gif...others than that work fine...
shocking.gif ~Heart Broken cry.gif
Xjester
post Feb 8 2011, 04:17 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(khalpowers @ Feb 8 2011, 12:54 PM)

Added on February 8, 2011, 4:05 pmfor those want to try gingerfroyo with framework ..here the link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9404058/Gingerfroyo.rar

1gig ext2 or ext3 n 0swap...now i go to ext3 bcoz this kernel support ext3..run from nandroid restore...
Ok so i need to re-format the sdcard to ext3 and remove swap . Will i need to install any script through ADB or will Nandroid backup will be enough ?

I think i will with the Framework if Camera and camcoder is the only thing not working.

Just for Sanity Check let me state the steps

1- Format SD card and go to Fresh SBF ( im on 2.1 US optimizer v10 ).
2- root it (SuperOneClick ) - included with zip
3. install OpenRecovery , use included apk.
4. reboot phone once
5. copy the folder "nandroid" to root directory of your sdcard.
6. Make sure sdcard is not attached to pc using "mass storage share" to pc.
7. Run OpenRecovery app and "install Recovery".
8. Press Boot recovery
9. restore the backup "stock22"
10. wipe / factory reset in OpenRecovery
11. reboot
Xjester
post Feb 8 2011, 04:27 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(khalpowers @ Feb 8 2011, 01:26 PM)
1- Format SD card and go to Fresh SBF ( im on 2.1 USĀ  optimizer v10 ). ...just reformat the sdcard ..i create 32mb for swap
2- root it (SuperOneClick ) - included with zip ...no need u if u already rooted
3. install OpenRecovery , use included apk.
4. reboot phone once
5. copy the folder "nandroid" to root directory of your sdcard.
6. Make sure sdcard is not attached to pc using "mass storage share" to pc.
7. Run OpenRecovery app and "install Recovery".
8. Press Boot recovery
9. restore the nandroid backup "gingerfroyo"
10. wipe / factory reset in OpenRecovery
11. reboot#
Edit , File Uploading , will share link shortly in this same place[COLOR=blue]

Edit : 2

Multiupload Mirror

This post has been edited by Xjester: Feb 8 2011, 05:14 PM
Xjester
post Feb 8 2011, 09:04 PM

28 posts

Installing Ubuntu on my PC to format my card properly , any specific cluster size on ext3 partition or the name of the primary FAT32 partition to be done or should we just proceed with Boot

1- Primary - Fat32 Boot
2- Primary - ext3 (1 GB or 2GB ? )
3- Primary - Swap - (30MB ? )

Thanks
Further Mirrors for GingerFroyo

This post has been edited by Xjester: Feb 8 2011, 09:22 PM
Xjester
post Feb 9 2011, 12:32 AM

28 posts

Hi Khal,

Any chance of checking the Dex v1.2 with GingerFroyo ? perhaps the Cam issue is resolved with this ?
Xjester
post Feb 9 2011, 01:22 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(khalpowers @ Feb 8 2011, 09:54 PM)
Surely can if u want ginger on 1.2 but missing on sync facebook to contact ..don't mind?..
Not at all, dont use Facebook contacts , i have synced all my Facebook with Gmail contacts then i use Gmail Contact Sync to keep them updated now and then.

So dont need Facebook in my contacts
Xjester
post Feb 9 2011, 02:03 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(bigO'lord @ Feb 9 2011, 10:57 AM)
Intresting how do you sync your facebook contact to gmail contact?
There is a Google Chrome extension called Facebook friend exporter which sends the to Gmail as a CSV file , it will copy names, email , phone numbers , websites and one of 2 things more ,

So i did that once and now i just need to sync the pictures now and then using the above posted application and my Gmail keeps updated , no need to have facebook in your contact list.

Xjester
post Feb 10 2011, 04:16 PM

28 posts

Hey Khal,

Using your Ginger Froyo, Cam is not working but OCR reader can detect cam, i tried installing a camera application from market and that too can find the camera and take pics no issues.

Other than that , there are a few internal applications i would be uninstalling such as email , corporate stuff , car dock.

Will be installing Milestone overclock and ADW launcher as internal system files , any quick guides how to do it ? else would look around for the adb method.

Rest the phone is great

Edit :

Formated my 16GB class6 card as following
14.2 GB Boot
1.9 GB Ext4
rest swap

App2Ext working fine with Ext4

This post has been edited by Xjester: Feb 10 2011, 04:27 PM
Xjester
post Feb 10 2011, 10:28 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(~~5ive~~ @ Feb 10 2011, 05:55 PM)
For those who try gingerfroyo, did you guys realise the menu words cannot be seen? when you press the menu button at the homescreen
Yup that is so but once you click on them they apear (same with titanium backup menu), though i am trying to change the color once done it would be fine, or Khal can provide a small update to change this and save me the hasle biggrin.gif
QUOTE(irenesdval @ Feb 10 2011, 01:39 PM)
can u try the camcorder? hehe, if it's fine i will use the gingerfroyo....
Stock Camcorder does not work , have not seen any 3rd party camcorder to try for xt720 any suggestions ?
QUOTE(~~5ive~~ @ Feb 10 2011, 02:42 PM)
Great news....
Any good camera app to recommend us?
Tried Camera360 ultimate , its a bit sluggish but works

One ting i noticed is that though the quardrant score is around ~980 range without OC the overall UI is very slow, have yet to OC it so wil report back once done somewhere on the weekend ( have busy 2 days ahead). Plus Milestone overclock 1.4.7 FC everytime sad.gif

One more thing that the enhanced options in milestone 2.2.1 (cyanogen ) such as setting system proxy is not present , i would love to have the option in my wireless settings to enable me to use office wifi
Xjester
post Feb 15 2011, 07:01 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(irenesdval @ Feb 15 2011, 09:46 AM)
i think 2.1.sbf +khal's optimizer better than 2.2 right now.....
Agreed , i feel that too somehow the phone was just snappier back then
Xjester
post Feb 21 2011, 02:18 PM

28 posts

Ditto On Mirror guys

Xjester
post Feb 23 2011, 02:52 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(khalpowers @ Feb 22 2011, 11:01 AM)
Certain video only ..anyway now im try new build prop based on atrix build prop..i hv dump system for atrix.. Now alter framework to porte to 1.1..boot animation atrix ..i try wNt to use Apk but only support with blur..can test with dexblur but not now..hehe ..coz i prefer cleAn os..lazy to play with blur coz ram itself..hehe.
Any Positive changes by Atrix build prop?
Xjester
post Feb 25 2011, 04:42 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(ameiruddin @ Feb 24 2011, 07:46 AM)
doh.gif , now confirm that this link http://and-developers.com/sbf:xt720, containing stock ROMs no longer available. if someone could share others link, it will much appreciate  notworthy.gif

Link working for me right now , can you check again
Xjester
post Feb 26 2011, 12:22 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(ameiruddin @ Feb 25 2011, 02:24 PM)
hi! thanks for your concern...i just try still can't dl, anyhow do you have
the starhub-singapore stock ROM? i need it for backup/warranty purpose... blush.gif tqvm
Will download it tomorrow and upload somewhere for you.
Xjester
post Mar 7 2011, 04:12 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(khalpowers @ Mar 7 2011, 06:30 AM)

If u like my work buy me some coffee biggrin.gif:D
Bro if you ever in my country , Coffee , dinner , (sheesha perhaps ) all on me.

Xjester
post Mar 7 2011, 05:28 PM

28 posts

Hi Khal,

Quick question, in your Tangerine Theme , there were colored icons for the settings menu, would it be possible to include those in the honeycomb or if there is any way i can add them myself ?

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0443sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:41 AM