Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Baby Stroller Recommendation

views

quebix
post Oct 11 2019, 10:50 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(Kelv @ Jul 27 2019, 12:01 AM)
By far this is the most compact and lightweight. But is it easy and possible to fold with one hand?
QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jul 27 2019, 12:10 AM)
Easy to fold? Yes.

One hand? No.

Refer to the video below on how it is folded:-

i always find the GB pockit to be not stable and "wiggly" when u push it around.

This is after i compare with others.

i understand its because its lightweight and fold-able type. also small so can fit aeroplane hand luggage.

but after i try others thats also fold-able, lightweight and can fit hand luggage that are stable and comfy, i think GB is overpriced when there are others much better with same or lower prices.
viqq
post Oct 15 2019, 05:00 PM

Jagger
1,818 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Oct 11 2019, 10:46 AM)
i agree. but for the seating position, just use a cushion if you want your baby/toddler to sit upright
Thanks for the tip! we tried that too but she doesn't seem to be in a relaxed position, not very convenient if bring a large cushion haha.

I'd recommend yoyo too .. but the prices has gone up a bit ..rm2.3k ish for a brand new one.
quebix
post Oct 15 2019, 05:03 PM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(viqq @ Oct 15 2019, 05:00 PM)
Thanks for the tip! we tried that too but she doesn't seem to be in a relaxed position, not very convenient if bring a large cushion haha.

I'd recommend yoyo too .. but the prices has gone up a bit ..rm2.3k ish for a brand new one.
The cushion i have just leave it there. When folded, the cushion is folded inside. Son seems comfy, he is at the age he can complaint if he is not comfy.
tlcm5229
post Dec 20 2019, 09:56 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Hi all sifus, any recommend stroller brand for new born baby?
My budget is less than RM1000?
skystrike
post Dec 24 2019, 04:08 PM

back to normal
1,270 posts

any review for Tavo Innospin 360? rm799 seem like good price?

or any recommendation for stroller less than rm800?
xinmay
post Jan 6 2020, 05:37 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

Can anyone recommend a stroller with comfy padding and can front facing parent? Baby is 4mo, looking at combi well comfort or combi cozy, is it good?

This post has been edited by xinmay: Jan 6 2020, 05:39 PM
barca96
post Mar 10 2020, 07:37 PM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Oct 11 2019, 10:50 AM)
i always find the GB pockit to be not stable and "wiggly" when u push it around.

This is after i compare with others.

i understand its because its lightweight and fold-able type. also small so can fit aeroplane hand luggage.

but after i try others thats also fold-able, lightweight and can fit hand luggage that are stable and comfy, i think GB is overpriced when there are others much better with same or lower prices.
mind to share which brand and model is better around that same price with more or less the same function?
barca96
post Mar 10 2020, 07:55 PM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(stevenryl86 @ Sep 9 2019, 02:16 PM)
I just ordered Ergobaby Metro Compact, should arrive on this coming Thursday.

My baby going to 3month in few days.

I will post review video by next week.
hi where did you get it?
how much was it?
stevenryl86
post Mar 11 2020, 07:03 AM

Regular
1,724 posts

QUOTE(barca96 @ Mar 10 2020, 07:55 PM)
hi where did you get it?
how much was it?
From lazada, approx 1.4k
quebix
post Mar 11 2020, 10:33 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(barca96 @ Mar 10 2020, 07:37 PM)
mind to share which brand and model is better around that same price with more or less the same function?
personally i went to the baby fair last time, tried a lot of brands.

The most sturdy & stable and good price is Looping, a french brand, the model i used is Squizz 2.
Then, the price is same like GB pockit.
Now i check is even cheaper. have promo, used to be 1.6K, now RM700?

when i try out, i make sure to push it around with the baby inside.
Good strollers, u can immediately feel the difference.
stable, run smooth. cant really explain here. i thought the rm200 stroller is smooth, yes it is, but when i tried the more expensive ones, i can fell the difference.

This in turn, will affect the baby inside the stroller.
The baby will be more comfortable in a smoother stroller. so can put to sleep easily, and if sleeping, can sleep well.
Also try the folding of the stroller. issit easy? how small issit when folded?
how can u carry it when folded?
The Squizz 2 is a one hand fold/unfold stroller and u can carry it like a luggage. it is also hand luggage size.

Please take note, Squizz 2 is the new model when i bought it then.
Must have new models now.
the link to a photo of it : https://www.instagram.com/p/B9GEV6IpMdl/

the link to a photo of me using it : https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhk9tk0BVEB/

barca96
post Mar 11 2020, 11:31 AM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Mar 11 2020, 10:33 AM)
personally i went to the baby fair last time, tried a lot of brands.

The most sturdy & stable and good price is Looping, a french brand, the model i used is Squizz 2.
Then, the price is same like GB pockit.
Now i check is even cheaper. have promo, used to be 1.6K, now RM700?

when i try out, i make sure to push it around with the baby inside.
Good strollers, u can immediately feel the difference.
stable, run smooth. cant really explain here. i thought the rm200 stroller is smooth, yes it is, but when i tried the more expensive ones, i can fell the difference.

This in turn, will affect the baby inside the stroller.
The baby will be more comfortable in a smoother stroller. so can put to sleep easily, and if sleeping, can sleep well.
Also try the folding of the stroller. issit easy? how small issit when folded?
how can u carry it when folded?
The Squizz 2 is a one hand fold/unfold stroller and u can carry it like a luggage. it is also hand luggage size.

Please take note, Squizz 2 is the new model when i bought it then.
Must have new models now.

the link to a photo of it : https://www.instagram.com/p/B9GEV6IpMdl/

the link to a photo of me using it : https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhk9tk0BVEB/
thank you for the reply and explanation..

I am confused with regards to strollers. I see that some claim to be able to recline flat for newborn. But then I see some strollers with baby car seat on it which is meant for newborn.

So does a newborn need to be flat or does the baby need to be in the car seat?
quebix
post Mar 11 2020, 11:48 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(barca96 @ Mar 11 2020, 11:31 AM)
thank you for the reply and explanation..

I am confused with regards to strollers. I see that some claim to be able to recline flat for newborn. But then I see some strollers with baby car seat on it which is meant for newborn.

So does a newborn need to be flat or does the baby need to be in the car seat?
yeah, newborns usually uses pram, and some strollers can recline flat to duplicate that.
pram is to lie flat, and strollers are for those who can sit.
but nowadays most strollers can recline flat or almost flat.

the Squizz 2 im using can recline flat as well.

the stroller with baby car seat is called a travel system stroller.
it is a set of car sear + stroller.
this baby car seat is to be used in the car. but u can easily carry the baby car seat out and put in ON the stroller. meaning attached to the stroller.

if u carry a baby in a car, newborn or not, u need to have a baby car seat. and for safety reasons, there is no flat recline seat even for newborns.
it can be reclined, but not flat.
usually newborn baby car seat also has a lot of paddings ( and these paddings can be removed when they grow older/bigger)

important to note, for newborns up to 1 year old (some even say 2 years old) u need to install the baby car seat to rear facing. meaning the baby is looking towards the back.
this is because their neck cant stand the impact in case of accidents.
some experts say 1 year old, some say 2, but most say to install it rear facing as long as u can.

MOST parents just install a car seat front facing, even newborns. this is WRONG.

here is something to help u choose a stroller, it also explains the different types of strollers :
https://www.babylist.com/hello-baby/how-to-choose-a-stroller

barca96
post Mar 11 2020, 12:08 PM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Mar 11 2020, 11:48 AM)
yeah, newborns usually uses pram, and some strollers can recline flat to duplicate that.
pram is to lie flat, and strollers are for those who can sit.
but nowadays most strollers can recline flat or almost flat.

the Squizz 2 im using can recline flat as well.

the stroller with baby car seat is called a travel system stroller.
it is a set of car sear + stroller.
this baby car seat is to be used in the car. but u can easily carry the baby car seat out and put in ON the stroller. meaning attached to the stroller.

if u carry a baby in a car, newborn or not, u need to have a baby car seat. and for safety reasons, there is no flat recline seat even for newborns.
it can be reclined, but not flat.
usually newborn baby car seat also has a lot of paddings ( and these paddings can be removed when they grow older/bigger)

important to note, for newborns up to 1 year old (some even say 2 years old) u need to install the baby car seat to rear facing. meaning the baby is looking towards the back.
this is because their neck cant stand the impact in case of accidents.
some experts say 1 year old, some say 2, but most say to install it rear facing as long as u can.

MOST parents just install a car seat front facing, even newborns. this is WRONG.

here is something to help u choose a stroller, it also explains the different types of strollers :
https://www.babylist.com/hello-baby/how-to-choose-a-stroller
thank you very much for all the info.
looking at the Looping brand now.. they have the travel system as well
quebix
post Mar 11 2020, 12:16 PM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(barca96 @ Mar 11 2020, 12:08 PM)
thank you very much for all the info.
looking at the Looping brand now.. they have the travel system as well
i cant say their travel system is good or not, i dont have any experience.

but one thing i can advise, u have to see it in front of ur eyes, push the stroller around, try it a while before u decide which to buy.

i tried buying online before (it was a travel system), and when i got it, not what i expected.
so for strollers, do not buy online unless u already see and tested it urself.

barca96
post Mar 14 2020, 05:31 PM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Mar 11 2020, 12:16 PM)
i cant say their travel system is good or not, i dont have any experience.

but one thing i can advise, u have to see it in front of ur eyes, push the stroller around, try it a while before u decide which to buy.

i tried buying online before (it was a travel system), and when i got it, not what i expected.
so for strollers, do not buy online unless u already see and tested it urself.
i see.. there is a baby expo in April in MidValley.. I think that should be the best time to purchase as all the brands and models will be there...

and perhaps price will be better.
quebix
post Mar 16 2020, 09:47 AM

Gelato Director
1,180 posts

QUOTE(barca96 @ Mar 14 2020, 05:31 PM)
i see.. there is a baby expo in April in MidValley.. I think that should be the best time to purchase as all the brands and models will be there...

and perhaps price will be better.
hmmm maybe cancelled?

Covid-19 woo.

anyway, last time brought my baby to the Expo.

few days after that he doesnt want to drink milk anymore.

Checked, sore throat. Further check shows might have HFMD (hand foot and mouth disease).

Went to hospital, got hospitalized for HFMD. luckily went early and got treatment early.
my baby only got mild symptoms.

Then people from Ministry of health called and checked about how my baby contracted the HFMD.
after a lot of thinking, I think he might have gotten it from the Baby Expo.

Maybe another baby has it, or maybe the virus is transferred to an adult and carried by the adult. we dont know.

JUST BE CAREFUL.

because Malaysian are the i dont care type. sakit also dont wear mask and cough without covering.
HFMD or Covid-19 or what other virus pon, all have the "chillax" attitude.

dah kena baru tau.
im one of those, and now i know better not to bring my son to those type of places anymore. but at least i learned my lesson.

most other people just think these things will never happen to them, until it does happen to them.

barca96
post Mar 16 2020, 02:07 PM

Enthusiast
980 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Mar 16 2020, 09:47 AM)
hmmm maybe cancelled?

Covid-19 woo.

anyway, last time brought my baby to the Expo.

few days after that he doesnt want to drink milk anymore.

Checked, sore throat. Further check shows might have HFMD (hand foot and mouth disease).

Went to hospital, got hospitalized for HFMD. luckily went early and got treatment early.
my baby only got mild symptoms.

Then people from Ministry of health called and checked about how my baby contracted the HFMD.
after a lot of thinking, I think he might have gotten it from the Baby Expo.

Maybe another baby has it, or maybe the virus is transferred to an adult and carried by the adult. we dont know.

JUST BE CAREFUL.

because Malaysian are the i dont care type. sakit also dont wear mask and cough without covering.
HFMD or Covid-19 or what other virus pon, all have the "chillax" attitude.

dah kena baru tau.
im one of those, and now i know better not to bring my son to those type of places anymore. but at least i learned my lesson.

most other people just think these things will never happen to them, until it does happen to them.
Yeah by the look of it by the current trend for the past few days, I hope it’ll be cancelled. Thankfully I still have 3+ months time to shop.

Stay safe.
barca96
post Apr 19 2020, 11:15 AM

Enthusiast
980 posts

I've never been to a baby expo. Was excited to go to TCE expo. As expected it was postponed.

I kept on going to the TCE baby expo website to survey the items. All the strollers were much cheaper than online shops let alone brick & mortar shops.

I've been to pc fair, home fair but I didn't really see much or any difference at all between fair/expo price and normal ones.

Are the items really much cheaper during a baby expo? I'm looking for big ticket items such as baby crib, portable crib, swing chair, baby carrier.
ayamxxx
post Apr 27 2020, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,074 posts

QUOTE(barca96 @ Apr 19 2020, 11:15 AM)
I've never been to a baby expo. Was excited to go to TCE expo. As expected it was postponed.

I kept on going to the TCE baby expo website to survey the items. All the strollers were much cheaper than online shops let alone brick & mortar shops.

I've been to pc fair, home fair but I didn't really see much or any difference at all between fair/expo price and normal ones.

Are the items really much cheaper during a baby expo? I'm looking for big ticket items such as baby crib, portable crib, swing chair, baby carrier.
I settle mine online last time. Review YouTube etc then decided which brand/model i want. Then straight search online for best price/promo
NinG
post May 12 2020, 07:34 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(genjo @ Oct 4 2019, 10:21 AM)
Hi, sorry for troubling.

I am first time father and is looking for stroller where you can take out to use in car and put back.

Any idea or recommendation ?
Do you mean 2 in 1? Car Seat with stroller? Where by car seat can plug on the stroller and car.

30 Pages « < 27 28 29 30 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0255sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:36 PM