Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dinner with TM CEO, ZAMZAMZAIRANI MOHD ISA, Time for some Q&A

views

totally_skint
post Nov 8 2010, 07:33 PM

Regular
1,144 posts

Two questions:

1. Will TM push for more Melaka Broadband type initiative with other state governments to bring affordable wired broadband to the masses?

2. Just how much international bandwidth/volume does TM purchase for it's broadband subscribers seeing as how many people have complained of high latency and slow video streaming and such?
totally_skint
post Nov 9 2010, 01:04 PM

Regular
1,144 posts

What service does the CEO himself use and his experience with it?

This post has been edited by totally_skint: Nov 9 2010, 01:05 PM
totally_skint
post Nov 11 2010, 03:14 PM

Regular
1,144 posts

QUOTE(Tentris @ Nov 11 2010, 09:13 AM)
Alright guys, dinner is tonight. Unless someone has something really earth shattering to add to this, i'm going in with the following main issues.

I've chosen these issues because i believe that they will have the maximum impact on the majority of us, and its something that we are all concerned about.

1. Pricing of services, especially when compared to what the rest of the world is paying. Either we should get more, or we should pay less.
2. Bandwidth capping -- there needs to be a more elegant solution to this problem, including allowing us to "burst" our bandwidth through buying more "airtime" (cheaply).
3. Customer service -- frustration with their call center (which is, if i understand correctly, an outsourced vendor, not TM staff).
4. Customer engagement -- one of the reasons why we feel as though TM doesn't care about it's customers is because (a) their call center is pretty poor and (b) we never feel that we are able to talk directly to TM. I sincerely believe that if TM hears our voice (rather than sees just the numbers of our voices in their monthly reporting), they will be more serious and pro-active in solving our problems. This dinner is a perfect example of that belief. I spent several months constructively engaging with TM on several issues, some personal with my own experiences with their service and some on behalf of the community such as the Unifi security flaw -- if they don't care, why bother meeting me?

Alright fellas, thanks again for everything. Wish me luck.
Only four questions?
CEO Zamzam might feel he is not getting his monies worth.
Or is there a volume cap on questions? tongue.gif

Wait!!! We're not getting our monies worth!!!
I guess what goes around comes around. brows.gif
totally_skint
post Nov 11 2010, 09:21 PM

Regular
1,144 posts

QUOTE(rizvanrp @ Nov 11 2010, 06:48 PM)
+1

Lol, anyway I don't really know the point of this dinner date thing. I'm just gonna go and see what it's all about (hoping they don't lawyer up on me or something). I suppose Tentris will be handling all your questions but I'll help out with the technical stuff :3
It's a trap!!!
They just wanna put a face to a nickname. sweat.gif

Added on November 11, 2010, 9:22 pm
QUOTE(vergas @ Nov 11 2010, 07:08 PM)
Good luck, it things goes bad just enjoy the food!!
If you still have the appetite.

This post has been edited by totally_skint: Nov 11 2010, 09:22 PM
totally_skint
post Nov 15 2010, 12:41 AM

Regular
1,144 posts

Jaring could have been the best if it had the funds and the access...

This post has been edited by totally_skint: Nov 15 2010, 12:41 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:26 PM