Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dinner with TM CEO, ZAMZAMZAIRANI MOHD ISA, Time for some Q&A

views

Boldnut
post Nov 8 2010, 08:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

1. Can you review the cap volume? It is too low. Triple of what the current cap would be the ideal number.
2. There is a huge different between a average high bandwidth user & a really heavy bandwidth hog user. It would be nicer to implement "stage volume capping", So it would be fairer to both the user and the ISP.(if any technology device is capable to doing this) People who use just slightly over the cap shouldnt be punished heavily as the Real bandwidth hogger. It is unfair to them.

For example VIP 5=
a) Throttle 4mbps when 100GB volume cap reached
b) 3mbps when 150GB volume cap reached
c) 2mbps when 200GB volume cap reached
d) 1mbps when 250GB volume cap reached
e) 512kbps when 300GB volume cap reached

3. Bandwidth cap volume should be allow to carry forward to next month, there this encourage users to conserve bandwidth that they didnt download unnecessary thing. For example like me I could be heavy on download this month but idling next month

4. Instead of selling Speed of the internet I would prefer Unifi provide a standard speed 20mbps but sell only bandwidth (like TNB electric bill)

5. IPTV cost per channel is too expensive. It could have been cheaper. Getting 20 more Unifi users to pay RM2-3 per channel is more profitable than trying to get 3 users to pay RM6-9 per channel. Please Adopt Tesco Business model.

This post has been edited by Boldnut: Nov 8 2010, 08:54 PM
Boldnut
post Nov 8 2010, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

Best of all just ask them to read this thread after dinner. tongue.gif
Boldnut
post Nov 10 2010, 08:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

QUOTE(Tentris @ Nov 10 2010, 12:24 PM)
Alright, looks like everyone has asked all the questions they wanted to ask.

Any more?

Dinner is tomorrow night.

I hope you summarize the points and mainly put the important ones infront of the list.(I dont think they got time to read long list, they probably screen very quickly) Especially the mainly cap issue is bothering everyone.

I just quote back mine..... fyi.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by Boldnut: Nov 10 2010, 08:38 PM
Boldnut
post Nov 12 2010, 08:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

QUOTE(Moogle Stiltzkin @ Nov 12 2010, 02:51 AM)
I don't know about the rest of you, but i find it encouraging they at least met with Rivzan who has some good knowledge on what exactly needs to be changed. At least we got our message across what needs to be changed.

Now we only wait and see what they do. Judge people by actions doh.gif Until then kudos everyone.

The chances of striking lottery is higher than TM providing world class service. I hope TM can prove me wrong in my lifetime.

--------------

1. The main reason I get into Unifi is ping time. I really hope they maintain that world-class ping latency with traffic priority for unifi user on non-P2P, non ftp packets.
2. Cap volume & IPTV channel cost is the main issue they should highlight now.
Boldnut
post Nov 12 2010, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

the Biz package offer E-storage. Perhaps if they ™ do have a good intention promote local hosting, may be they should start giving VIP user an person E-storage as well for local access only. (more like E-portal to download ftp) I wouldnt mind sharing my files with my unifi friend if I dont need to have my PC on.

Storage is extremely cheap these days. I cant see any reason not offer this kind of service for FoC on top of Unifi VIP user.
Boldnut
post Nov 13 2010, 08:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

Normally I am able to reach 60GB a month, since I usually stream youtube, stream online HD FM, loading lots of art gallery + minor p2p DL. I think by next year July the cap should be(hopefully be) much higher than the current one. At least they should give enough for minor p2p download + youtubing + Streaming HD FM. Until then I gonna enjoy the unmetered line
Boldnut
post Nov 14 2010, 07:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

QUOTE(Moogle Stiltzkin @ Nov 14 2010, 05:55 PM)
Being grateful for something good, and letting them walk all over us are 2 separate matters ...

Unless your meaning Malaysia should be thankful we are a step above a place like Zimbabwe in terms of broadband  laugh.gif

If the excuse is like that, i won't accept it. Malaysia can do much better with the right political will for reform. Leaving it up to businesses especially a Monopoly such as tmnut to make broadband packages more fair towards the customer is the wrong way of going about it. Business interest especially that of a monopoly isn't that good for the consumer. They have no incentive to give us a better/fairer deal for the packages. Hence the low caps and yet high price. So it's up to the government to manage the situation so things are more favorable to the consumer.

Well despite all that TM is still the best ISP in Malaysia. JUst look at Maxis,p1, these kind of ISP shouldnt even exist at all. doh.gif

I cant blame TM for monopoly but it seems that we just got enough stupid/dumb ISP in Malaysia that makes TM actually the best.

Boldnut
post Nov 15 2010, 09:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,202 posts

I am still waiting them for the removal of Vlan tagging requirements, everything could have been done on the BTU itself. I cant see a reason we need VLAN at all, when using 2 different ports from BTU for IPTV & Internet yield the same result.

This post has been edited by Boldnut: Nov 15 2010, 09:02 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:26 PM