QUOTE(toyonza @ May 18 2012, 07:25 PM)
1. Mine is Avanza 1.5 , 2008, bought new.
2. Last week, the aircond blew hot air from front & rear blower.
3. Sent to SC Subang, the service advisor told me the magnetic clutch was broken, need to be replaced, cost + workmanship =RM800.
4. After they replaced the clutch, the aircond still blew hot air. The service advisor told me that the compressor need to be replaced also, cost me another RM2200++.
5. Now, after i paid more than RM3000, the aircond still not blowing cold air, the temperature is like when you drive with open window in the morning. Damn. BTW, the new clutch & compressor got 1 year warranty.
6. What should I do? Sent back to SC and pay more? Arghhh...
Sorry to read about your problem
Damage done cannot do anything.
Your workshop damn cunning..
Use you to trial and error and change all the expensive parts...
If u sent back to UMW Toyota
DENSO.. They would have to follow their trouble shoot flow chart and strong evidence that suggest certain part failure before advising to change.
In your case,
Your mechanics has wrongly advised you to change parts without any strong analysis.
If you have sufficient proof that it was their poor analysis.. You can ask them for refund or forward this case to Tribunal Pengguna or some kesatuan pengguna.. Search internet.. Then seek their advice
Maybe your problem was gas leak or electrical problems that wrongly diagnosed by your workshop.
My previous experience with my another car (kancil) DENSO
Ended up changing the compressor, drier receiver and a few other cheap components for aircond not cold.
Diagnosed in DENSO HQ.
My 2009 Honda City was luckier..
The aircond not cold problem was only caused by a faulty relay. RM11.30 or something...
No need to refill gas, clutch or compressor or any other stuff.
They analyze all the possibilities of aircond not cold..
From electrical to mechanical before any conclusions.
Now my 2005 Avanza is having aircond not cold problem..
Will have to check it out.. From the cheapest possilities to the most expensive possibilities.. If they were to ask me trial and error.. Like your case
Just my thoughts..