Toyota Avanza Aircon Problem

views

makky
post May 18 2012, 09:13 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(toyonza @ May 18 2012, 08:25 PM)
Hi all,

1. Mine is Avanza 1.5 , 2008, bought new.

2. Last week, the aircond blew hot air from front & rear blower.

3. Sent to SC Subang, the service advisor told me the magnetic clutch was broken, need to be replaced, cost + workmanship =RM800.

4. After they replaced the clutch, the aircond still blew hot air. The service advisor told me that the compressor need to be replaced also, cost me another RM2200++.

5. Now, after i paid more than RM3000, the aircond still not blowing cold air, the temperature is like when you drive with open window in the morning.  Damn. BTW, the new clutch & compressor got 1 year warranty.

6. What should I do? Sent back to SC and pay more?  Arghhh...
your engine fan working or not.?
makky
post May 21 2012, 07:38 PM

Casual
311 posts

For my car, i always install secondary fan unit at front for extra cooling and protection in case the main one go kaput...
makky
post Jul 25 2012, 06:33 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(bcc98 @ Jul 25 2012, 06:33 PM)
Hi guys, I am planning to choose between the Exora Bold CFE and Avanza 1.5 Premium. Some said Avanza is better as the running cost and the spare part is cheaper than Exora. Can anyone give comment on this?

After reading some post here, don't think the Toyota SC is so reliable. They sucks money without solving the real problem. Any good, cheap and nice mechanic/service shop to recommend in Klang Valley? My email is bcc98@hotmail.com
Avanza made from old Tech ofcoz cheaper, Exora bold is new and turbo. So exora will have some hidden and extra running cost later on when it come near above 40k mileage.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:04 PM