6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

review on liqui moly engine oil

views

TSPok Am
post Oct 3 2010, 06:18 AM, updated 14y ago

0 posts

hello motorheads..
need reviews on liqui moly engine oil. Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40.. Hope anyone who ever tried this oil may share some info.. smile.gif
Arezfei
post Oct 27 2010, 01:27 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Pok Am @ Oct 3 2010, 06:18 AM)
hello motorheads..
need reviews on liqui moly engine oil. Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40.. Hope anyone who ever tried this oil may share some info..  smile.gif
I researched online and got interested in Liqui Moly products. Too bad nobody did any thorough review on it yet, so I took my chances with one. I was thinking of getting the Toptec fully syn, but decided against it as I am interested in the Mos2 additive. Thus, I found the Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40 oil with the Mos2 pre-added.

I've been using fully-syns before, and I must admit - I got used to the appearance of such motor oil. What I'm talking about is the 'clear' looking new motor oils, be it mineral, semi-, or fully-syn.

Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40 however, caught me by surprise - it is dark gray in color, and it's not clear. It's slightly 'cloudy' due to the added Mos2 additive. The service centre peeps were surprised too.

After pouring it in, I noticed the immediate effect on the first start - upon ignition, the engine cranks to start smoother, and somehow a hair quieter. Subsequent test drives proved that the engine felt 'silky', and not so harsh even when I revved hard. Overall, I love the feeling. The car felt lighter to accelerate, and smoother when cruising. Since I travel the highway daily, I can consistently gauge any improvements on Fuel Economy. Overall, I get slightly better fuel economy.

To deal with any possible placebo effect, I handed the car to my friend, who drove a similar car. We're always benchmarking each other's car, and he knew my car pretty well too. After a quick spin, he informed that the engine runs smoother throughout the range of the revs. The effect was almost like running a higher compression than before. After Googling around, I found out that Mos2 was designed to as micro-sealants, to effectively 'seal' microscopic gaps between the cylinder wall and the piston ring, thus eliminating friction and preserving compression as a bonus.

I'm also eager to test Liqui Moly's Ceratec additive, but when my friend poured a can into his Caldina, I was surprised yet again. It looked exactly like teh tarik. I can't comment much other than appearance, since I haven't used it before.

P/S: My engine is the notoriously noisy, thirsty SP4H CPS.

avielboys
post Jun 22 2011, 05:10 PM

21 posts

hi bro,

i used the engine oil on my toyota hilux vigo kun 2.5. The diesel "tappet" sounds is softer. Before i was using castrol 15w40 and the sound is a killer.

Hope my experience helps.

Regards.
bukanmain
post Jun 23 2011, 08:47 AM

I'm only 20,still learning..
1,711 posts

@Arezfei you should really try the ceretac.. pour in my new bmw previously got this diesel very harsh sound can even hear from cabin..after 1 day of pour in..it works like magic! now i barely even hear the engine even if im standing outside near the car..

for the oil yes ive tried on 2000 waja and 2000 iswara..but i did the lambda flush before head..i cant comment on waja brother's car but i didnt drove for 1 time 50% smoother in term of gliding the car..but for iswara now the car glide even faster and very ringan..

you should try its worth your money for that price
darkdevilrey
post Jun 23 2011, 02:59 PM

Silly Fools
1,155 posts

i heard liqui moly brand from my fren.

he work in cycle carriage servicing Merz.

i haven try before, but i heard this germany oil very good because Merz all using it.

so hope more input from forumers, especially price wise versus performance.

i will contribute more after i tried it.

bukanmain
post Jun 23 2011, 09:16 PM

1,711 posts

To me it's cheap and good enough..if you really want try motul or Chemlube baru ngam with performance wise
Dennos
post Jun 23 2011, 09:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,736 posts

whrer to get liqu moly in JB?
kobe10
post Jun 23 2011, 10:17 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Arezfei @ Oct 27 2010, 01:27 AM)
I researched online and got interested in Liqui Moly products. Too bad nobody did any thorough review on it yet, so I took my chances with one. I was thinking of getting the Toptec fully syn, but decided against it as I am interested in the Mos2 additive. Thus, I found the Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40 oil with the Mos2 pre-added.

I've been using fully-syns before, and I must admit - I got used to the appearance of such motor oil. What I'm talking about is the 'clear' looking new motor oils, be it mineral, semi-, or fully-syn.

Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40 however, caught me by surprise - it is dark gray in color, and it's not clear. It's slightly 'cloudy' due to the added Mos2 additive. The service centre peeps were surprised too.

After pouring it in, I noticed the immediate effect on the first start - upon ignition, the engine cranks to start smoother, and somehow a hair quieter. Subsequent test drives proved that the engine felt 'silky', and not so harsh even when I revved hard. Overall, I love the feeling. The car felt lighter to accelerate, and smoother when cruising. Since I travel the highway daily, I can consistently gauge any improvements on Fuel Economy. Overall, I get slightly better fuel economy.

To deal with any possible placebo effect, I handed the car to my friend, who drove a similar car. We're always benchmarking each other's car, and he knew my car pretty well too. After a quick spin, he informed that the engine runs smoother throughout the range of the revs. The effect was almost like running a higher compression than before. After Googling around, I found out that Mos2 was designed to as micro-sealants, to effectively 'seal' microscopic gaps between the cylinder wall and the piston ring, thus eliminating friction and preserving compression as a bonus.

I'm also eager to test Liqui Moly's Ceratec additive, but when my friend poured a can into his Caldina, I was surprised yet again. It looked exactly like teh tarik. I can't comment much other than appearance, since I haven't used it before.

P/S: My engine is the notoriously noisy, thirsty SP4H CPS.
My CPS felts as if i am driving a diesel car. Does the ceratec really works? Hehehe... You get from who? Elton?

chungf1
post Jun 23 2011, 10:37 PM

Getting Started
204 posts

QUOTE(Dennos @ Jun 23 2011, 09:58 PM)

saw it around bukit indah.
darkdevilrey
post Jun 24 2011, 11:46 AM

Silly Fools
1,155 posts

QUOTE(Dennos @ Jun 23 2011, 09:58 PM)
can get from our automotive garage too smile.gif

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...7&hl=liqui+moly
bukanmain
post Jun 24 2011, 06:45 PM

1,711 posts

kobe10 if youre paying attention to my previous post you sudah start pm elton now..

blackfuse
post Jul 7 2011, 10:39 PM

4 posts

can anybody explain type of liqui moly??
there are diff semi sntc oil and fully sntc oil
so which one is better..

This post has been edited by blackfuse: Jul 7 2011, 10:45 PM
GodLuvSxS
post Jul 26 2011, 10:37 PM

Regular
1,359 posts

QUOTE(blackfuse @ Jul 7 2011, 10:39 PM)
can anybody explain type of liqui moly??
there are diff semi sntc oil and fully sntc oil
so which one is better..
This MOS2 10w40 is semi-type, it could providing you the amazing smoothness to your engine which could hardly find among this price range smile.gif It's consider as the no.1 popular brand in Germany, where Merz, Bimmers, Volkswagens are all around!
SKYTECH
post Jul 26 2011, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

QUOTE(Dennos @ Jun 23 2011, 10:58 PM)
This guy "avielboys" in jb selling . From mount austin. Can find his reply in post 3#

http://ppe-oils.blogspot.com/

This post has been edited by SKYTECH: Jul 26 2011, 11:02 PM
Walala123
post Jul 27 2011, 12:39 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

i am currently using toptec liqui moly 5wd40 .

used for ard 1 year plus :
1. german oil , fully syntectic can last ard 15,000km before oil change ( although is 10000km)
2 , engine performance are great and consistant throughout the 15000km.
3 . fuel efficiency ard 2% improvement ( i am a heavy footer)
4 . guarantee smoother engine ( main selling point)
5 . Lost lasting
6 . I can feel improvement of HP as rev can feel car is lighter( nt sure just my personal experience)

7. Cost rm245.00 for 4 litre ( worth the value )
skyblas
post Jul 28 2011, 02:06 AM

10 posts

how does liquimoly engine oil compare against amsoil?
shalzkasbsp
post Jul 28 2011, 11:58 AM

Casual
353 posts

how about MOS2 leichtlauf 4100 10W30 (Semi Synthetic) 4L?
ThunderGod_Cid
post Jul 28 2011, 08:22 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(bukanmain @ Jun 24 2011, 06:45 PM)
kobe10 if youre paying attention to my previous post you sudah start pm elton now..
He's already using both qmax and liqui moly lol

Added on July 28, 2011, 8:23 pmThe special thing about Liqui-moly's 10w30 and 10w40 is the MOS2 additive that's blended inside the oil, giving you optimum performance and protection.

Don't be surprised the Synthoil 5w40 gets outperformed by the semi 10w40. Proven

This post has been edited by ThunderGod_Cid: Jul 28 2011, 08:23 PM
ultramaman
post Jul 28 2011, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

i poured the mos2 addictive into my shell helix ultra.. sedap... now, yg bising is my cracked extractor
Arezfei
post Jul 31 2011, 04:08 PM

0 posts

I found that MOS2 leichtlauf 4100 10W30 (Semi Synthetic) 4L is the best for my car! Fits the recommended weight perfectly as per in the manual. I pay special attention to this as the CPS activator requires light-weight oil to perform at its optimum. I poured in the Ceratec as well..and I believe that the difference will be felt more if the engine oil does not already have the Mos2 additive.

The Mos2 does work. I admit that the last service, the Continental shop in Seksyen 7 Bangi has sold out, so I poured in HKS Fully Syn..Super NA Reponse 10W-38 methinks, it's good and smooth, but I miss the silkiness of the LiquiMoly.

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0251sec    0.75    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:15 PM