Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> review on liqui moly engine oil

views

Arezfei
post Oct 27 2010, 01:27 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Pok Am @ Oct 3 2010, 06:18 AM)
hello motorheads..
need reviews on liqui moly engine oil. Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40.. Hope anyone who ever tried this oil may share some info..  smile.gif
I researched online and got interested in Liqui Moly products. Too bad nobody did any thorough review on it yet, so I took my chances with one. I was thinking of getting the Toptec fully syn, but decided against it as I am interested in the Mos2 additive. Thus, I found the Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40 oil with the Mos2 pre-added.

I've been using fully-syns before, and I must admit - I got used to the appearance of such motor oil. What I'm talking about is the 'clear' looking new motor oils, be it mineral, semi-, or fully-syn.

Mos2 leichtlauf 10w40 however, caught me by surprise - it is dark gray in color, and it's not clear. It's slightly 'cloudy' due to the added Mos2 additive. The service centre peeps were surprised too.

After pouring it in, I noticed the immediate effect on the first start - upon ignition, the engine cranks to start smoother, and somehow a hair quieter. Subsequent test drives proved that the engine felt 'silky', and not so harsh even when I revved hard. Overall, I love the feeling. The car felt lighter to accelerate, and smoother when cruising. Since I travel the highway daily, I can consistently gauge any improvements on Fuel Economy. Overall, I get slightly better fuel economy.

To deal with any possible placebo effect, I handed the car to my friend, who drove a similar car. We're always benchmarking each other's car, and he knew my car pretty well too. After a quick spin, he informed that the engine runs smoother throughout the range of the revs. The effect was almost like running a higher compression than before. After Googling around, I found out that Mos2 was designed to as micro-sealants, to effectively 'seal' microscopic gaps between the cylinder wall and the piston ring, thus eliminating friction and preserving compression as a bonus.

I'm also eager to test Liqui Moly's Ceratec additive, but when my friend poured a can into his Caldina, I was surprised yet again. It looked exactly like teh tarik. I can't comment much other than appearance, since I haven't used it before.

P/S: My engine is the notoriously noisy, thirsty SP4H CPS.

Arezfei
post Jul 31 2011, 04:08 PM

0 posts

I found that MOS2 leichtlauf 4100 10W30 (Semi Synthetic) 4L is the best for my car! Fits the recommended weight perfectly as per in the manual. I pay special attention to this as the CPS activator requires light-weight oil to perform at its optimum. I poured in the Ceratec as well..and I believe that the difference will be felt more if the engine oil does not already have the Mos2 additive.

The Mos2 does work. I admit that the last service, the Continental shop in Seksyen 7 Bangi has sold out, so I poured in HKS Fully Syn..Super NA Reponse 10W-38 methinks, it's good and smooth, but I miss the silkiness of the LiquiMoly.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0746sec    2.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 10:55 AM