Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadbrand Thread V4, Latest:NO cap 4 unifi packages 4 now ^_^

views

syazone
post Mar 25 2010, 11:25 PM

Regular
1,409 posts

repost this 'interesting' email:

Hi there,

Some enquiry here about download cap, what if we exceed cap? speed will be throttle or no access to internet at all or there is additional charge if exceed that cap?

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your interest in UniFi Services.

Am I limited to how much I can download a month?
No, not at this time.  However, TM is researching how to implement a  Fair Usage Policy (FUP)and we expect it to be enabled next year across all products.

Regarding limits on download.  For now, there is no capping or FUP enabled.
However TM is currently working on establishing a metering plan to make sure the bandwidth is not usurped by the few, at the cost of the many. An  FUP is a set of rules applied to the network by the owner/manager of that  network, to restrict overuse of the network by a small number of users in ways which effect the service provided to the rest of the users of that network. A  Fair Usage Policy (FUP) is our method to keep network access and bandwith shared equitably among all our customers.

Please go to http://www.unifi.my/faq.html and read the FAQ for more information. The information on the website will get more detailed over the coming days.

If you reside or have a business , in Bangsar, Shah Alam, TTDI, or Subang Jaya, and are current on your existing TM account, we have an incredible introductory offer for you if your address is currently serviceable. !

If you live in these areas,  please either send us your complete address and contact details including IC number and we will check availability and call you back to discuss subscription if your address is serviceable,
OR we will put you in our demand list so we can contact you later when your address is serviceable. There is no obligation on your part to subscribe until we discuss all the particulars with you on the phone.

All necessary wiring and hardware for the UniFi Services will be provided to you by TM. No installation fees, No equipment charges and NO deposit..

Regards,

Shira,

TM UniFi Center
(Sales): 1 300 88 1222  (9.00 am – 6.00 pm)
(Customer Support): 1 300 88 1221  (24 x 7)
E-Mail    : enquiry@unifi.my

syazone
post Mar 25 2010, 11:27 PM

Regular
1,409 posts

QUOTE(HiT-AbLe @ Mar 25 2010, 11:25 PM)
It seems like they're still undecided about the FUP yet, which's mean limit cap most likely will be changed. Then why did they want to put cap already? Maybe they want to see how ppl react about the quota and adjust it accordingly later.
yeah, it seem like that, and once it is introduce, it cover all product, streamyx would be included i guess, (based on the email received)

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0653sec    0.37    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:27 PM