Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Foster Care and Adoption in Malaysia

views

TSblazerder
post Mar 14 2010, 01:40 PM, updated 15y ago

15 posts

Hello,

My husband and I want to adopt a child or siblings here in Malaysia. We are in our 40's so feel having our own may not be possible. We have been married for 6 years. I am a housewife and my husband has long term work here in KL. I spoke with the Welfare office in KL and was told that their Foster Child program is only for Malaysians but if I find a child available for adoption, it is possible for me to apply for adoption with the courts. The criteria required is: 1) obtain a birth certificate, 2) the parent must provide a certified affidavit that they are willingly giving up the child and 3) we provide a health screening on the child to make sure they are healthy. I am looking for orphanages that have babies up to 4 years to adopt. Does anyone have any information regarding babies available for adoption? We are non-muslim and must adopt non-muslim children.

Thank you,
S. G.
Blazerder
lol1991
post May 7 2010, 03:44 PM

4 posts

do you really want to this the legal way? what if someone is willingly to give their new born baby as long as you can give the baby a life and a home?
abubin
post May 7 2010, 06:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

why shouldn't they go the legal way? If all these are done without proper paperworks, what if after 18 years the biological parents want to claim back the baby? Or biological parents say they kidnap their baby?
Self Exiled
post May 8 2010, 06:18 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(lol1991 @ May 7 2010, 08:44 AM)
do you really want to this the legal way? what if someone is willingly to give their new born baby as long as you can give the baby a life and a home?
I thought M'sia has progressed and has left the 3rd-world approach to life behind. I am sad to note such mentality lingers on.

This post has been edited by Self Exiled: May 8 2010, 06:18 PM
abubin
post May 10 2010, 05:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(lol1991 @ May 7 2010, 03:44 PM)
cause this person is trying to get rid of his/her baby with as less hassle as possible. Or possible trying to sell baby. You can read from another thread created by him/her.
ndgoh
post May 21 2010, 12:31 AM

Enthusiast
928 posts

You need to adopt legally or you gonna have legal problems....
matasura
post Jun 4 2010, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

try google for orphan care, its a local NGO to adopt babies in Malaysia

ch_leong
post Feb 19 2014, 04:05 PM

Casual
435 posts

it will be a nightmare in future if this was not done legally at the beginning. Imagine the child can't go school, no citizenship. its totally a nightmare and ruin the child life.
PayneEdward
post Mar 17 2014, 04:14 PM

11 posts

Adopting in some charity in this place is really an good idea for me cause in Finland i do a fundraiser in a charity at http://www.pilkkoset.fi/ and many children really looking for someone who will love them a love coming from a mom.
Karincwkco
post Oct 23 2017, 10:50 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(blazerder @ Mar 14 2010, 01:40 PM)
Hello,

My husband and I want to adopt a child or siblings here in Malaysia.  We are in our 40's so feel having our own may not be possible.  We have been married for 6 years.  I am a housewife and my husband has long term work here in KL.  I spoke with the Welfare office in KL and was told that their Foster Child program is only for Malaysians but if I find a child available for adoption, it is possible for me to apply for adoption with the courts.  The criteria required is:  1) obtain a birth certificate, 2) the parent must provide a certified affidavit that they are willingly giving up the child and 3) we provide a health screening on the child to make sure they are healthy.  I am looking for orphanages that have babies up to 4 years to adopt.  Does anyone have any information regarding babies available for adoption?  We are non-muslim and must adopt non-muslim children.

Thank you,
S. G.
Blazerder
Karincwkco
post Oct 23 2017, 10:51 AM

2 posts

Hi, pls contact me at Karincwkco@gmail.com

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:45 AM