Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will you spend 10k to go traveling? (Travel)

views

chickyyuan
post Oct 25 2012, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(Serendipity123 @ Oct 25 2012, 12:38 PM)
Yeah, it has to be in August as I wanted to go to the La Tomatina festival...  rclxms.gif
A few of my friends are interested to go but none confirmed yet.
It's a good thing I don't mind traveling solo. LOL.  tongue.gif
Spain is a lovely city - was in Barcelona and the ppl there are very friendly!

I guess to spend in Europe cities will definitely need at least RM10K - RM20k (inclusive everything for two persons) will be more if during summer period

by the way, i just booked my flight tic to paris next June 2013! gonna do some shopping in Ldn/paris/milan!
chickyyuan
post Oct 25 2012, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(Serendipity123 @ Oct 25 2012, 01:04 PM)
Awesome! Paree in the summer! rclxms.gif
Which airline did you book with for your flight to Paris?
I'm still looking around for my flight to Spain.  wink.gif
I booked with MAS recently with their promotion price RM2.9k all in return flight

Consider cheap for a direct flight - albeit Qatar/Emirates/Eithad might be lower (but i doubt so since it is a summer period)

If travelling during August....the promotion/sales window to book the flight should be towards the end of the year...right?
chickyyuan
post Oct 25 2012, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(Serendipity123 @ Oct 25 2012, 01:21 PM)
Yeah, RM2.9k sounds good for a direct flight.
I'm not sure, I've subscribed to the relevant airlines, but so far the promotions were for immediate travel period.
If I find a fare that's a little over RM3k, I'm just gonna go ahead and book it.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
If I am not mistaken, those flight with transit to Spain/Portugal priced roughly around 3.5 - 3.8k (mostly middle east airlines)

Best is you fly into other cities (i.e. Amsterdam/Paris or London) with the ticket priced around 2.7 - 3.1k n take budget airlines...having said that few comparisons have to be carried out...

chickyyuan
post Oct 25 2012, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(moody5 @ Oct 25 2012, 04:09 PM)
biggrin.gif
oh... hahaha hopefully i can save enough money to Europe again on next year

I doubt flight tickets will be cheap for summer as summer is always the peak season!
(easily rm3500++)

I have noticed that flying to Amsterdam (via KLM) and Paris (any airlines including MAS) are always the cheaper as compared to other city i.e London and Frankfurt due to the airport tax

Added on October 25, 2012, 3:12 pm

talking about MAS, they always do Global sales around Feb for summer flights and another round of sales around mid Sept (thats the period that you booked your 2.9k flight..hehehe)
Its good to book early at a reasonable flight ticket and start booking the accommodation at good deal (from booking.com)

and maybe two/three months before the travel - it is advisable to book the internal train/flight tickets

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0226sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th November 2020 - 09:43 AM