Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Will you spend 10k to go traveling? (Travel)

views

Listiani
post Jan 3 2012, 10:27 PM

6 posts

I don't mind spending that much money for travelling. The experience that I'll gain while travelling, no money can buy.

QUOTE(abubin @ Jan 14 2010, 03:03 PM)
Traveling around MY is fine as it's cheap. But what about going to US or UK or Japan and other countries. Those are expensive.

So, are you willing to spend 10k (for you and your partner) to go traveling? Because that 10k is for airplane ticket, hotel lodging, traveling fees, tickets and food only. That means 10k just gone like that.

For some people it is worth it but for some you get nothing (tangible) in the end.

Discuss....

Added on January 3, 2012, 10:34 pmI like this. We are in the same boat. I earn good salary but I don't buy unneccesary stuff like Gucci, LV and the likes as I spend my $$ on travelling. My husband too. We share the same passion rclxms.gif

QUOTE(Shazzac @ Dec 9 2010, 10:25 AM)
Well, I would definately spend as much as 10k for a trip anywhere. I earn peanuts by the way and people keep asking me 'how come you are always travelling??'

I told them ' because i don't drive a Honda, because i don't buy mont blanc belt, because i don't buy LV/Gucci/Branded bags, becauase i don't wear Zara/MNG/Guess'.

Yes, alot of ppl can afford LV/Gucci stuff but cannot afford a trip outside of Malaysia.

Anyway, I believe that travelling is a very good experience itself. It really opens up your mind on how other country's culture is, on how the locals are etc.

I love travelling so, regardless of the amount. It's well worth it.

I'm good with sourcing for good hotels which aren't really expensive. biggrin.gif
This post has been edited by Listiani: Jan 3 2012, 10:34 PM
Listiani
post Feb 21 2013, 01:50 PM

6 posts

My husband & I will be visiting NZ for 17 days next month. Flight tkt KUL/AUC/KUL cost us RM7500 already. Domestic ticket in NZ cost us RM980. Accommodation around RM2650. We will be staying at backpackers & hostel. We purchase tour to Glacier Explorer, Milford Sound Nature Tour, Te Anau Glowworm Caves & Hobbition movie set. It cost us RM920 per person. Car rental cost us RM2160. This not including money to buy petrol, entrance fees, food, souvenir.

We are so excited just thinking about it. We will depart on 7/3/13. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(micgil @ Feb 14 2013, 01:18 PM)
I did that last year spending about RM12K traveling around South Island, New Zealand for 12 days. Did a lot of extreme stuff like skydiving, bungy jumping, Nevis swing. Also spent some time doing sight seeing, chilling around from town to town. I did that with 7 buddies and 1 of my buddy's mom. It's so far the best trip of my life. I'm only a mid income earner but no regrets at all with the experience that I gained throughout that 12 days. Just got to do it with the right travel buddies smile.gif
Listiani
post Aug 10 2013, 09:15 AM

6 posts

Do a lot of research & look for promo/bargain. I always plan at least a year ahead before my trip to get a better rates.

QUOTE(Jo3yZ92 @ Aug 9 2013, 05:02 PM)
My friend told me that she had traveled to Dubai, Venice, Rome, Spain and 2 more countries (I can't remember), as a backpacker, all together around RM8K.

The question here is.. how willing are you to travel on a minimum budget? wink.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.97    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th November 2020 - 06:32 PM