It is accepted in mainstream science that earth has an overpopulation problem, therefore directly linked to the global warming theory.
Why global warming can result from humans?
Demand for products/goods/services so producers increase supply.
The more demand there is, the more goods and services need to be produced, and this, according to some global warming proponents, introduces carbon emissions from the manufacturing/production economic process.
Consumption, production, all produces carbon emissions.
Therefore, we can safely theorize that demand comes from human population numbers.
One of the most prominent methods are pushers of population control.
This is not a conspiracy theory, but a fact that is happening, population control agendas and programs.
Let's discuss what methods one can take to manage populations on the planet. It is without a doubt that the earth is being ravaged partly due to accepted theory of overpopulation. The more humans, the more chain reaction that would react in the harm to the environment, and therefore there is a need to control, or possibly reduce the number of populations on this planet.
The methods used of course, can range from common sense acceptable to outright unethical and possibly breaking international laws.
Common sense acceptable methods
1. Use contraceptives but met with staunch opposition from religious institutions, such as the Vatican.
2. Proper education/family planning.
3. Better welfare for the retired, no need to depend on children.
4. One child policy as done by China, with forced abortion, to the applause of David Rockefeller.
5. Improve economic conditions of poor nations so they would need to depend less on children (by having more children) to bring home the money.
But due to cultural influence, stubbornness, and 'Let everyone worry about overpopulation while I continue to have more of my own children', population may continue to grow and saturate the planet's ability to sustain life. Religious factions want more population so they can be the dominant religion/power on the planet, hence encourages own religious network of followers to have more children. Human ego/greed/power/selfishness encourages explosive population growth. Believe in the end times and messiahnic/apocalyptic religious dogma is preparing certain people for the final solution and they might want to be the standing victor by sheer population numbers alone.
Traditional Chinese culture encourages more and more children, the more the merrier. Go forth and multiply is also the motto of Abrahamic faiths.
Overpopulation itself has been debated by many and there're equally skeptics around.
One of the most prominent pro-population control policy pushers are the Rockefellers, and now, even Bill Gates has joined.
Scientists have jumped on the bandwagon and agree there's a need to reduce population of earth.
"Overpopulation was an early concern and interest. In a 1969 article, Holdren and co-author Paul R. Ehrlich argued that, "if the population control measures are not initiated immediately, and effectively, all the technology man can bring to bear will not fend off the misery to come." In 1973 Holdren encouraged a decline in fertility to well below replacement in the United States, because "210 million now is too many and 280 million in 2040 is likely to be much too many." In 1977, Paul R. Ehrlich, Anne H. Ehrlich, and Holdren co-authored the textbook Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment; they discussed the possible role of a wide variety of solutions to overpopulation, from voluntary family planning to enforced population controls, including forced sterilization for women after they gave birth to a designated number of children, and recommended "the use of milder methods of influencing family size preferences" such as access to birth control and abortion.["
Whether you agree there's a population overload or not, it has already been accepted as part of the global warming theory that we're the cause, and we can only be the cause because there're too many of us, resulting in too many demand for food and goods, causing more carbon emissions.
Now the question is, what are the acceptable methods to use when humans still stubbornly refuse to heed overpopulation advices?
If population continues to grow, scientists would be forced to come up with more scientific data and take drastic measures and present to political forces on the need to reduce the population.
The problem comes when
1. Who gets to have children, and who is not allowed? (Eugenics come to play)
2. How do you reduce the stubborn population numbers without being labeled a mass murderer ?
If it does come to the fact that overpopulation is real, and something must be done about it, but yet the masses do not want to subscribe or control their reproduction, or heed advice given by scientists, what would have to be done to control the inevitable rape of the planet by the sheer numbers of human populations ?
Would ethics and laws need to be broken and humanity sacrificed for the future of the planet and more deserving humans ?
If you're given the task to solve the overpopulation problem of a stubborn population that would not heed mainstream advice to reduce their numbers of children, and population continue to grow, what drastic measures would you take as a scientist to reduce population growth, and how do you decide who should be allowed to live, and who should die ?
Eugenics would most definitely play a role in population control, and how do you choose the descendants of the human race , based on what criteria?
Who gets to reproduce, and who doesn't when there's a mandatory need to manage population numbers on the planet ?
Remember, no conspiracy theory on this thread, as this is a much needed discussion on this taboo topic.
You're the scientist now. The world is overpopulated and people are stubborn and refuse to reduce the 'carbon' they're producing.
You've been tasked by world leaders to solve the overpopulation of a stubborn population. What would you do ? What methods would you use?
Tell us your methods, whether ethical or unethical, they're all welcomed in this thread.
I'll start with my method, which is borderline or outright unethical/immoral for population growth management. Remember I am supposed to think like a scientist forced to reduce population by any means possible if all else fails. I am in a position where I make decisions and I am better than you, more deserving than you intellectually to exist on this planet, so population reduction/control does not involve myself, because I am better than you now, as I am tasked as a prestigious scientist to solve this problem.
This is what I would do to you.
1. Stealth sterilization through drinking water, vaccines, food, products which causes infertility to chosen countries of 'undesirables'. Bisphenol-A and other hormones in daily food/products to interfere with human fertility. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A
2. Carcinogenic food supply to cause disease like cancer to prematurely terminate lives of 'undesireables'. I will suppress scientific studies of ingredients used for food/human use from being exposed as carcinogenic, just as how Hadley scientists would suppress data.
3. Force countries to implement 1 child policies through trade embargo/sanctions for those who refuse to comply.
4. Change culture through education, media, by empowering the opposite sex away from traditional family/wife/mother role, give them more independence. Make the world more material and people more demanding so they would not get married easily or become too dependent on men if they're women.
5. Subjugate religious institutions, espionage and sabotage religion so they would be focused on other things other than propagation of their numbers either through conversion of uncontrolled reproduction. Influence religious leaders to my direction.
6. Biological weapon, release pandemic while keeping the antidote to only selected few (through Eugenics), and let the virus wipe out as many people as possible, blame it on God/nature and keep saying 'we're long overdue for a pandemic'.
If you have anymore ways of how to reduce human population, or if you disagree that we're overpopulated, feel free to contribute your opinions here.
There's no right or wrong answer in this thread. Everything goes.
How you participate in this thread reflects on how ready you are to tackle this taboo subject.
This post has been edited by manami: Nov 22 2009, 06:49 PM
Overpopulation (Population control), Controversial topic. (Science)