Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How Much Water Should We Drink?

views

SUSslimey
post Nov 20 2009, 11:36 PM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(kding2 @ Nov 20 2009, 10:05 PM)
So I guess once the urine color is clear and not yellow, you are not longer to need force yourself to drink more water?

It is some kind of indicator that your body don't need more water or just some urban myth?
normal colour of urine is pale yellow.
basically, urine is excess water, salts and minerals, as well as urea from protein digestion, uric acid, creatinine from muscle breakdown, hormone waste and toxins. Also eliminated is urochrome, which is a yellow pigment that comes from the processing of dead blood cells in the liver.
the colour of urine indicates the concentration of waste product in urine. the darker the colour the higher the concentration of waste product in it.

for further understanding you can read how kidneys work:
http://health.howstuffworks.com/kidney.htm
Mr HellAngelOfFire
post Dec 7 2009, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

this thred is good
i've thinking bout this a lot lately as i dislike drink water sleep.gif
phantom010436
post Dec 7 2009, 05:36 PM

16 posts

Drink 2 litres of alkaline water or more!
Pikichu
post Sep 26 2019, 09:54 AM

Regular
1,623 posts

Start of building a habit of drinking 5 glasses of water a day, then after 3 months, drink as much or as little as you feel required.

How much body requires depends on your health status, location, activities, what else you have consume and defecated. If a person suffers diarrhea, then will require more H20 to replenish losses.
jonesnat044 P
post Sep 27 2019, 04:10 PM

Probation
5 posts

always try to do that
marblegin P
post Sep 29 2019, 02:36 AM

Probation
13 posts

I drink up to 12 glasses daily and my digestion is working perfectly. I feel good everyday and have more stamina to finish my daily tasks and errands.
fsloke
post Oct 13 2019, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

Your Weight X 40 = XXX ml

Example 60KG X 40 = 2400 ml daily.
fsloke
post Oct 13 2019, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

Your Weight X 40 = XXX ml

Example 60KG X 40 = 2400 ml daily.
Creamy Crimson
post Oct 15 2019, 03:15 PM

24 posts

i always forget to drink water.. and only drink when i feel thirsty
unless i drink a big cup of bubble tea a day
mongrel-joes P
post Oct 17 2019, 03:48 AM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(kareena @ Nov 9 2009, 05:55 PM)
Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.

Several approaches attempt to approximate water needs for the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate.

* Replacement approach. The average urine output for adults is about 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) a day. You lose close to an additional liter of water a day through breathing, sweating and bowel movements. Food usually accounts for 20 percent of your total fluid intake, so if you consume 2 liters of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups) along with your normal diet, you will typically replace the lost fluids.
    * Eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Another approach to water intake is the "8 x 8 rule" — drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters). The rule could also be stated, "drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," as all fluids count toward the daily total. Though the approach isn't supported by scientific evidence, many people use this basic rule as a guideline for how much water and other fluids to drink.
    * Dietary recommendations. The Institute of Medicine advises that men consume roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day and women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.

Even apart from the above approaches, if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) or more of colorless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate.
It's tough getting 8 glasses a day. A friend uses a big can she likes. Makes it more fun.

PCLover2010
post Oct 18 2019, 05:59 AM

Getting Started
188 posts

Generally, 8 cups per day that's what we seen/read in so many places.
In reality, it depends on individual.
You can try to drink 3-4 liters a day and see how your body adapts.
It can also depends on your work nature, e.g. if you work under hot sun most of the day, your body needs more fluid, hence need to drink plenty of water.
Mycatlagged P
post Oct 19 2019, 03:38 AM

Probation
4 posts

I would say depends on what you do in a day. General rule is around 8 cups per day, but if you work out a lot or play sports, then it definitely will be more than that.
Mr.Docter
post Oct 20 2019, 01:07 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

Generally speaking, 2L per day.

Any additional losses need to be replaced as well.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 PM