Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Demon's Souls | V2, Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?

views

h71y6
post Nov 2 2009, 12:16 AM

47 posts

i heard this game is extremely hard. people are actually selling it off cause its hard. any one care to comment on this?

i mean if its like fallout3 where it'll take a while to get used to the game and get buff maybe i can handle it, i used to die alot but i starting adventuring everywhere picking up items and stuff then it god really fun, blasting off super mutants heads like makan kacang. but if its like gg.com straight from level one i can see why people are selling it off 
Yes it's "extremely" hard if you compare with the current games out there. People buy and sell off the game because there are many types of gamers.. there are ones who like to get in get up and shoot em up without much thinking... then there are the casual gamers.. who just want to have a stress free fun game...

i loved fallout.. the theme was great.. music was actually very good.. and the whole setting was immersive.. but it didn't last because i knew i was playing a game.. and it made sure you knew it was a game..

however, in demon's soul.. u're in a game.. but it hardly feels like it. It'll make you feel like you ARE the person in the game.. any mistakes you make.. no matter how silly.. like not looking where you walk/run.. not having patience.. not thinking hard enough about your strategy.. and not asking for help (cos no man is an island and btw... no war was fought by a solo hero).. is going to cost you your life. even then.. it's going to punish you for it.. like in real life.. and as in real life.. a little bit of luck helps tongue.gif

Making you feel like your avatar in game is you is IMO the mark of a true RPG.

Furthermore, as in real life... nothing is clear cut. Sometimes, some things work in some situations but not others... just like a weapon which seems to be uber but guess what, a simpler weaker weapon works in a specific situation better.. the key to anything is to know what to use in the right situation with the right timing!

it's difficult at the start but as it goes on.. you'll appreciate all the hardship you put into it.. and it makes it worthwhile...
it's like learning a new Language.. at first it can get confusing, frustrating and demotivating.. but if you persevere.. you'll reap the rewards. AND if you don't practice.. you'll lose it.

so it really depends on what kind of gamer holds Demon's Souls in their hands..

The advise i would give is buy and try it. If you really don't like it.. there will always be someone here who will buy it from you.. because it's THAT good!

h71y6
post Nov 2 2009, 12:49 AM

47 posts

R3 PSNID: h71y6
Lvl<60

Reporting in.. rclxm9.gif
h71y6
post Nov 3 2009, 10:25 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(karasawamk2 @ Nov 2 2009, 08:13 PM)
Soul level 72 hhu
Wah... i facing maneater too but lvl 58 only i think... so cannot coop with you guys
h71y6
post Nov 3 2009, 01:01 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(Evirober @ Nov 3 2009, 10:56 AM)
h71y6 : Summon me dude...

Just killed that fella yesterday with my dragon sword +4

PSN ID : XaXaT
Game : R3
Level : 50
Wah how you get your dragon sword +4? Game+ ar? i'm missing one chunk of dragonstone and as far as i've read.. you only get the sword up to +3 in 1st game. Right?

This post has been edited by h71y6: Nov 3 2009, 01:02 PM
h71y6
post Nov 4 2009, 01:09 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(Evirober @ Nov 3 2009, 01:38 PM)
Nope my 1st play through...

Just keep on killing em BearBugs or them geckos i think... thats how I got them and now considering where to go next...
aiyoyo... bearbugs give splinters i think.. i need chunk.. i must have missed a few Gecko cheh...
Can confirm whether bearbugs give Chunks as well? If yes.. i go farm..

neways.. i managed to upgrade Moon Long Sword +5... maybe i should have done that for Knight Sword but too late now...
Demonbrandt got good knock effect for shielded mobs.. damn nice.

i managed to kill Maneater on first try tonight.. just whack as fast as i can, dancing around fire.. haha.. thumbup.gif

best of all i kill Old Monk after that... got one Phantom Boss summoned but i don't know if NPC or real player.. funny he used the Claw i think.. just kite and keep swinging.. his claw not much effect on my purple shield.. prolly the easiest boss i fought.. lol happy! rclxms.gif

Just b4 Old Monk.. there was 2 Mindflayers.. the first one quite scary.. a lot of hitpoints.. and in the narrow stairway how to swing long sword? doh.gif
i nearly got killed.. ran like hell and came back to finish him off

Lvl 64 now.. tongue.gif

Added on November 4, 2009, 1:12 am
QUOTE(monyetbesi @ Nov 3 2009, 03:46 PM)
yeke? tp aku nyer dah 5+ skg...xtau camner nk cast Knight Dragon Sword +5...dia nyer max upgrade attack power 161 fire attribute 161 gaks Long Dragon Sword +5 mati kat 151 jaa sweat.gif
Halo uncle.. u first game or Nth game ni? 1st game boleh dapat +5!!!???

Added on November 4, 2009, 1:20 am
QUOTE(lopak @ Nov 3 2009, 05:06 PM)
dragon sword ke dragon spear ke ikut ko la nk pakai weapon jenis apa.asalkan ada batu dragon dah leh wat dragon weapon.batu dok kat thomas pon xpe.bawak weapon nk upgrade je.

lupa mau cakap.klu nk upgrade weapon,dia ada specific lvl.macam knight sword.ko kena upgrade knight sword sampai lvl aku pon x ingat berapa pastu baru leh upgrade ke dragon sword.klu ko dah lebih upgrade knight sword tu,option untuk upgrade dragon sword xkan ada.
Ya.. got specific lvl to upgrade.. see http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html...3237&rid=179629

This post has been edited by h71y6: Nov 4 2009, 01:20 AM
h71y6
post Nov 4 2009, 12:08 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(monyetbesi @ Nov 4 2009, 10:49 AM)
classic...

Hishamudin style whistling.gif

Added on November 4, 2009, 10:57 am

*its da NPC, if BP Invader they don't use claw for sure, as for me i juz let peeps kill me, once got sum bro send PM thanking for duin so...if yaa wanna to be summon by OLD MONK you try use the blue eye stone at Maneater fog entrance, i'd 5 times being summoned by him juz by duin so...

**Black Phantom Octopusman was mean to be counter with Wall Magic, if yaa confronting him with melee or ranged attack its more like suicidal...plus tower stairs there was really annoying & scared me out. Don't forget BP Octopusman had a very high HP he ain't goes down easily in one swipe

***1st play thru kenot get onto +5 but not confirm yet, probably lack of Chunk of Dragonstone i believe so, but i'd manage to clear out all of the treasure lies in da lava...dem its HOTs

Added on November 4, 2009, 10:59 am
coop seko laa mung, nate apo  vmad.gif
*Ya no wonder.. so if want NPC play in offline mode Envirober...

**BP Mindflayer - actually other ones in the game is dead with 4 swipes.. but that one is crazy high HP. And after 1st time i think it's easy.. just troublesome... run up whack until they stun/suck your brain.. unlock.. run back down stairs until he forgot you.. heal.. and repeat. 3 times of this.. it'll die..
2nd one up the stairs just shoot with arrows sticking to the left side of the wall.. his spells can't reach you.. move out right shoot and move back left behind wall.. much simpler this one...

*** bah.. i didn't get all the geckos in that place.. esp the one where there are many in the pit.. need AOE spell for that la...

Btw.. is firestorm worth it? or Ignite better?

Added on November 4, 2009, 12:11 pm
QUOTE(Evirober @ Nov 4 2009, 10:38 AM)
ps3roxor: Dont know but I dont think so..

h71y6: wah hero lah you... hahaha... Yeah I ventured up 1 shot from the Mindflayers can kill wei !!

I just double checked my level is 48 only. Probs tonight will go kill the monk  with the technique like you said arm with purple shield and smack the fella.

Cheers bro
haha thx bro... lvl 48 sure tough la... get it to >55.. you'll be OK biggrin.gif
best place to farm for souls... fast and easy... go 1-4.. reverse direction... 3 red eyed knights with spear... draw one by one with bow... finish all 3 for 6K souls and ~9 Full Moon (always drop).. go back to archstone and repeat...
so easy and good drops... i got so many full moons from there.. more than i can use..

if you got Demonbrandt.. lagi senang... just wait for the knight to hold his shield up.. power bash him R2.. he will stand there stunned for a few seconds... whack whack whack.. he's dead.. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by h71y6: Nov 4 2009, 12:17 PM
h71y6
post Nov 4 2009, 01:33 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(monyetbesi @ Nov 4 2009, 12:51 PM)
one tips getting those gecko, go into da pit kill one of em or two then reload save game they will spawn again & repeat it again till all gone, or if yaa got God Wrath juz be there reload & initiate God Wrath...all gone icon_rolleyes.gif

fire storm hell yeah!!! ignite is rubbish WTF doh.gif
Ya i did that.. but cannot collect them all!!! *pokemon pun intended*
hmm god wrath.. that's rage of god ya? don't have that yet..

still on my 1st playthru... haven't even touched area 4 yet...

kk.. i'm gonna get fire storm.. rclxms.gif
h71y6
post Nov 4 2009, 03:34 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(earthdome @ Nov 4 2009, 02:29 PM)
that octopusman is damn easy after getting use to it.lol
Regular ones are easy... even BP ones.. but the ones on the stairs leading to Old Monk is harder..
h71y6
post Nov 4 2009, 04:12 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(monyetbesi @ Nov 4 2009, 03:46 PM)
hahaha that ain nuting untill u change the world tendency toward Pure Black...i tell u every corner the have real crazy one...not only normal they are couple up with BP one ahahaha i bet with out anti magic field you will be futile laugh.gif  doh.gif
haha i believe you.. i play now at near white tendency... so i can imagine!
Actually i'm thinking about getting black tendency cos got so much more goodies la...

Btw... how come i can only choose firestorm but no Rage of God?

h71y6
post Nov 6 2009, 12:59 PM

47 posts

Hooray.. thread revived!
So much free time la u! tongue.gif

Yesterday was fun. Started Storms area.. now lvl 70.. i must say.. damn easy this lvl..
I wasn't expecting it to be this easy.. those dual wield black katana skeletons are p*ssies. so slow.. Moon Long Sword +5 damn good la.. and fast strike too
Habis Vanguard, Adjudicator and Old Hero.. i thought Old Monk was easy... these guys are even easier. Bow is the only weapon i used and soul arrow...now left Storm King.
Took a break and killed last flying dragon in Boletaria. 30 Hard Arrows finished LOL. then kau tim Miralda.. since got pure white. rclxms.gif

i think i should go back and get Black Tendency to get the goodies...
Btw.. i need to find a Club+0.. i remember Boletaria area..got but don't remember where.. or who...

Need it to get the Meat Cleaver upgrade. Any advice where i can find club+0?
h71y6
post Nov 6 2009, 07:05 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(teytarik @ Nov 6 2009, 07:03 PM)
dah nak habih game, asking if in new game+, the difficulty is based on your begining level, ke dia mmg tetap independant of soul level..ak skg level 70+, kalo dificulty dia independant of soul level, bek ak naikkan level b4 habih boss

Another thing..skang boss tingal 1-4 n 3-4...so if i finish 1-4, can i still up my soul, or kena habis semua boss baru soul level xleh nak up dah?
New game+.. difficulty ikut lvl u.. so is tougher
h71y6
post Nov 9 2009, 06:16 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(GailExoduSx @ Nov 9 2009, 05:47 PM)
Yea, I was asking a few pages back on a melee build. I was having difficulties in the beginning but am getting used to the play style, although a rough draft of how you built your character would still prove useful for future endeavors. I'm a Knight btw.
I started out with Melee build.. shield and sword.. and still 90% melee now.. tried to add some magic.. but only use soul light most of the time in specific circumstances..
IMO, melee build should include bow... helps a lot.. cos same str and dex requirements and bonuses.. esp with giant goblins.

the other fav of mine... double hand meat cleaver with weapon buff.. WHACK!! 600hp and knockdown and splash.. guaranteed to make you smile.. brows.gif
h71y6
post Nov 9 2009, 06:21 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(Reis @ Nov 9 2009, 06:15 PM)
I cant remember what I did exactly but roughly I started with attempting to get 22 STR ASAP for the Purple Flame Shield. This shield will be the shield that you will use for the vast majority of the game, only awesomeness can be used to describe this babeh. Then after that was Dex till I could use a composite bow I think. After that if I'm not mistaken, 18 Magic and 18 Faith so I can use the Beast Talisman. It can wait though so focus on other things like endurance and vit if you need to. I focused on getting 36 faith quite early though as I thought I needed it, turns out not really lol, you only need 3 slots but more faith wouldnt be bad anyway.

My build now is something like

40 Str
30 Dex
18 Magic
36 Faith
35 Vit
40 Endurance
8 Luck
11 or 15 Will cant recall atm, but important to have over 100 Mana.

Focus on getting the weapons and armor you need. Purple Flame Shield is first and foremost a top priority, then work on a spear and a bow. The  Moon Winged Spear  was the first one I targeted which is a really great weapon, and on the end of the second play through I found out that Quality Winged Spear is really awesome as well. These 2 are my favorites. As for range weapons, Viscous Compound Longbow is awesome. Blessed Mace is another great weapon too. Then finally North Regalia, Meat Cleaver, Dark Silver Shield, Old King's set and so on.

Ohh yeah, if you havent already, go to 4-1 and collect that crescent sword, it will boost your killing power significantly and its easily attainable. Get a blunt weapon for those skeletons if you're having roubles. Not sure how far you've played already but hope this helps.
yeah.. Purple Flame Shiled = awesomeness
I use Quality Compound Bow = good.. maybe viscous is better..

melee weapon.. to me.. Moon Knight/Long Sword +5.. i guess anything that is as fast and base 90 dmg should be just as good for Moon +5.. but spear good for most of the tight spaces...
For Blue/Red Eyed mobs.. meat cleaver for that win! Let them open up.. smash them and they are face down on the floor.. seriously! free for killing strike. works even for R2 single hand (left hand for me).. then finish with right handed sword combo...
If they are blocking.. double hand smash and they stand there for a few secs.. stunned... rest is history..

h71y6
post Nov 10 2009, 01:41 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(GailExoduSx @ Nov 9 2009, 07:11 PM)
Yea the sheer magnitude of the Purple Flame Shield will bend the game to my every will, almost I guess. But seriously I've been stuck to it ever since I got it. As for the Crescent Sword tip, I'll check that out, thanks for that. I've been alternating between Str, Endurance and Vit for now and bumped up Dex abit so I guess my stat build is going smoothly. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer me, it's been educational. Kudos!
Alright thanks for the tip, I guess deprivation of range is a pretty improvident. I'll try looking for a suitable bow. Thanks.
Bombastic!!!!! thumbup.gif

I'm sure you already know.. but for the benefit of everyone who is new to the game... when you "seeketh" soul.. equip the weapon you want to use before hand..
the stat improvment like. ATK 90->93.. depends on the weapon in your hand... so if you are wondering when using your weapon of choice, whether increasing your attribute will contribute to your damage.. it'll tell you.

In summary.. if you plan to use winged spear as your main weapon.. and you want to make it stronger by increasing an attribute... make sure you have it equipped as your main weapon before you "seeketh" soul...

I hope i'm right.. but i may not be.. sweat.gif
h71y6
post Nov 11 2009, 12:13 AM

47 posts

ARGH!!!.. i finished Maiden Astrea but i went back and found Black Phantom Garl Vinland.. and i made a mistake and died... now there's no way for me to get pure white again!
ARGH!!! he was almost dead too.. Geez...

vmad.gif
h71y6
post Nov 11 2009, 02:51 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(nazseha @ Nov 11 2009, 12:17 AM)
er..why not try camping around arch-stone and wait till BP invade...I often do tat if i screwed my world/char tendency... smile.gif
good idea but i think so far i only had one invader and i didn't even meet him.. dunno y..

anyways.. finish game for 1st time.. Allant was ok once i learnt the strategy... dodge.. R2... backtrack.. roll...
Stamina and equip>50% is the most important in this fight.. oh and a good weapon.. tried fire and meatcleaver.. sucks.. in the end i used my trusty Moon LSword+5 to kill him.. rclxms.gif

i think the hardest for me in my 1st playthru is Allant, BP Garl and those stupid plague babies.. h8 that place.. vmad.gif my rage of god is very weak now. I need to get firestorm next.. doh.gif

h71y6
post Nov 11 2009, 10:26 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(monyetbesi @ Nov 11 2009, 09:30 AM)
did you get da BLIND?

BP Garl Vinland will only appear only in EXTREME WT, klo dah mati phail in human form say bye2 laaa laugh.gif

contingency plan tggu BP invader +30% atauuuuuuuuuuu...REVIVE SUMMONED PHANTOM ko akan dpt 30% WT... icon_rolleyes.gif

bare in mind some invader klo dia tau ko duk dlm Pure Black WT dia akan pi carik Primeval Demon ko & spoil ko punyer quest....

satu lg hati2 ngan sesetgh BP derang pakai theft ring mmg klo dia xgerak ko xkan nampak dia kecuali asap saja... hmm.gif
- i didn't get Blind. i didn't touch Black Tendency in this playhtru.. but i'm going to do that in 2nd round..
- revive summoned phantom? that's something i didn't think off biggrin.gif Thx notworthy.gif

at least i can finally get my Regalia tongue.gif

Is Blueblood worth getting? I have 8pts in Luck only sad.gif
h71y6
post Nov 11 2009, 01:51 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(monyetbesi @ Nov 11 2009, 11:04 AM)
i saw BlueBloodSword was quite outstanding, i'll grab those i after stab my Knight Dragon Sword tip on Astrea arse damn im a bad Demon but then hope Garl didn't put his massive Bram on my arse first  sweat.gif
ya ka? hmmm food for thought

Somehow i found moon better than dragon lar.. i thought fire dmg was better than magic but didn't work that way for me..
i'm going to make a Knigh Moon +5 next drool.gif

ya that Bran is pain in BP... in normal.. pretty easy but BP.. don't let him get a first hit.. 2nd strike very fast and based on my encounter yesterday... cannot avoid.. so i died pretty much because i let him hit me without blocking.. very fast that fella in BP form.. sheesh
h71y6
post Nov 11 2009, 05:21 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(monyetbesi @ Nov 11 2009, 04:35 PM)
Well i kinda like long sword type as its versatile got pierce & norm attack...Dragon Long Sword cum with 151 N / 151 F but Knight Dragon Sword +10 point each more than a standard long sword, of course if wanna kill heavy armor mobs need more powa weapon, but for me long sword was mantap oredi luv da slash & pierce...Katana for me was kinda not so mengancam coz i feel awkward using European armorer combine wiv Shogun style weapon, well those were mere my taste sum peeps like rojak2 one...

i oso found katana pierce kinda delay a sec rather than normal long sword but their left hand slash was faster than any primary right handed weapon...cool heh? hmm.gif
ya lor me too.. their pierce is among the fastest.. and don't eat stamina but powah...
u know what weapon is fast? Sword of Searching.. serious fast for the size and reach, and low stamina usage.. ok damage too

now i have to think whether i should get Blueblood... if i already have Regalia, Moon Lsword+5, Meatcleaver, Searching, Dragon LSword+4

Decisions decisions... tongue.gif

h71y6
post Nov 12 2009, 12:22 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(monyetbesi @ Nov 12 2009, 09:35 AM)
whoaaaa Moon Sword oredi +5, i hav several Colorless Demon Souls dunnu wut to doo, i'd settled my luvly Dark Silver Shield up to +5 but for weapon i'm still considering it...now i'm looking at Baby Nail,  decision decision decision... laugh.gif

Sword of Searching hell yeah he's fast, but after considering the range...det sword kinda haih teruk sikit, klo lawan ngan silver skeleton derang siap leh men hit & run lg, eiiii setan btol...vmad.gif

tp Moon Sword mmg powa laa, walau pun xdak melee attribute  thumbup.gif

u penah try Adjudicator Shield +5? ini dia regenerate HP laju gilaks...klo nk farming pakai shield nie mmg syiok thumbup.gif

Added on November 12, 2009, 9:39 am
BP 4 -1, Satsuki u mean? hmm.gif
eh.. i bukan ada Moonlight +5.. i ada Long Sword->Moon +5.. ada physical dmg and magical damage.. so ada melee and magic attribute.. E/E/C.. tak gunakan colorless

itu dark silver shield... hitres berapa?

i also don't know where i should use the colorless... hehe//

Sword Searching good for simple mobs la.. when something serious, i switch..

Adju Shiled +5, Blessed Knight Sword +5, Regen Ring = fast HP regen!
Tapi still cannot outpace big damage dealers.. so also for simple job best... like you say farming.. not for big job..

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0982sec    0.44    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:25 PM