Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Phone Interview from Baker Hughes

views

swathi8388
post Nov 19 2009, 01:59 AM

5 posts

Did some one get a reply after the phone intervuew?
@syegg:How did it go?
Syegg
post Nov 19 2009, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

I have got the reply today (after few hours interview) which i have fail the phone interview..sad...: (
seriously, the interviewer do have very strong ascent, which is very hard to get him. However, the line is tremendous clear, i had mine at 1130pm malaysia time. I would recommend taking interview at late night of malaysia time since the disturbance would minimize.
Good luck for those who havent go thru the interview.Wish you guys very best! it's very cool if can get into BakerHuges to be frank
mar_ware
post Nov 19 2009, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(Syegg @ Nov 19 2009, 04:24 PM)
I have got the reply today (after few hours interview) which i have fail the phone interview..sad...: (
seriously, the interviewer do have very strong ascent, which is very hard to get him. However, the line is tremendous clear, i had mine at 1130pm malaysia time. I would recommend taking interview at late night of malaysia time since the disturbance would minimize.
Good luck for those who havent go thru the interview.Wish you guys very best! it's very cool if can get into BakerHuges to be frank
So fast? Just few hours? I just got mine yesterday. No news so far. My interviewer, she gave generic estimation of a month. Whether or not i pass the interview. Kinda way too long though.

True, the interviewer spoke way too fast and unclear. Very difficult to follow everything but kinda just grabbed the important stuffs. Better do it at nite. Coz mine is in morning. Disconnected once. N voice often disrupted. I realised I gave some stupid answers like 10 min after the phone interview. Kinda regret it. Hope it wont affect my application. My advice is to write some usual interview answers and predict ones that likely to be out. Coz this interview is only once. No matter if you apply later for different position or in different country. My interviewer said so. So, do your best. Good luck.
TSOM
post Nov 20 2009, 12:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,145 posts

Hey. I submitted my questionnaire ten days ago. On the same day, I received another e-mail saying if I hadn't submitted the form, please do so. Otherwise ignore this.
Still, until now, I haven't got any news.
MHKing
post Nov 20 2009, 12:49 PM

27 posts

@mar_ware. wow you had a good chat with your interviewer for her to reveal that stuff. i hope you will get to your next interview bro.

Its been 2 weeks from my last phone interview. still no news yet. heard that if you fail the interview, you will get instant notification like in a week. so, still finger crossed on mine. do pray yours to have a late interview result.

cheers

Added on November 20, 2009, 12:52 pm@TSOM bro. mine also like yours. they told me they havent got my answers and asked me to sent another one. however, that is for the other position (field engineer). my interview was for university engineer.

This post has been edited by MHKing: Nov 20 2009, 12:52 PM
mar_ware
post Nov 20 2009, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

i got similar scenario. i submitted my questionnaire and after few days later (about a day before i got email about phone interview), they sent me an email like TSOM. i ignored it and just scheduled my interview anyway.

@MHKing: well not sure how good is the interview. she told me right from beginning that this phone interview thing only occurs once. no matter if you applying for different position or for another country. to be honest, that made me so freaking nervous. i never read anything about this before. either it is new policy or she just pulling my leg. either way, best if you guys prepare lots of questions and answers before scheduling the interview. thanks alot, MHKing. good luck to you too.

btw, what is the expected salary for this university engineer? any idea? and do you guys apply to other companies? can recommend some? I tried applying to major oil players like BP and Shell. No news so far... Maybe it's the economy situation.

This post has been edited by mar_ware: Nov 20 2009, 04:56 PM
MHKing
post Nov 20 2009, 10:21 PM

27 posts

@mar_ware No idea bro. some told that they paid in USD. i hope its true, good money for us. I applied to shell and sapuracrest, but already rejected. lol. im kinda sure that its the economy, couldnt see any other company open up the vacancy for young engineer like us. petronas also cannot harap. wish the economy could be better nx year and a good start for all of us.

p/s : tried slb, umw, tanjong offshore and scomi. still no reply. sad2~
@riff
post Nov 21 2009, 07:43 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

@MHKing : regarding the one interview for all positions applied i think ive read it somewhere on their web @ email.
advice to those taking the P.I, rest assured that phone interview with BHI doesnt involve technical knowledge much.. few general question as technical q i think they were saving it for the face to face one~

salary wise : fresh grad can expect around 2.2k to 2.8k if im not mistaken... BHI pays in RM if you are working locally (labuan etc) from what ive heard
MHKing
post Nov 22 2009, 09:57 AM

27 posts

@@ariff omg. 2.2k to 2.8k. dats not very impressive for an international company. slb paying 6k per month though. any1 knows when will the slb open up for fresh graduate?
@riff
post Nov 22 2009, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

@MHKing... 2.2 2.8 range is for normal Oil and gas company... heard that BHI is paying up to RM 5.5k monthly for fresh graduate. SLB? hurm... ive received an email for a phone interview sometime July last year but still no call from them... and i couldnt check since the email is the generic one... huhu... whats worse u have to wait for another 2 year before you could apply again~ my luck i guess ::sigh::
swathi8388
post Nov 22 2009, 04:43 PM

5 posts

Does anyone have an idea about the face to face interview pattern?
Is it going to be technical?
This is truly a good opportunity,because none of the other companies responded to my apps.
TSOM
post Nov 23 2009, 06:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,145 posts

I applied for the Field Engineer position.
Now where's my telephone interview?
@riff
post Nov 23 2009, 06:12 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

@TSOM : reading from this thread i believe u have to take the assessment first before proceeding to the telephone interview

@swathi : there's no guaranteed type of question during interview... more towards your luck i guess... if the panel assembled from only HR group of people then the most they gonna dig is what type of person you are and how you handle situations/scenario. if the panel of interviewer are from the technical side... then they'll dig on how well verse you are with their line of knowledge...
mar_ware
post Nov 24 2009, 04:27 AM

Getting Started
299 posts

@TSOM: Yup. You most likely to get phone interview after you received n answered their questionnaire.

@@riff: R u employed? Or still looking? Well, if still looking, that's gonna show how bad n hard to get job in o&g services nowadays. If only the oil price keeps on going up till now...

I do hope it wont be technical questions during any interview. It can be anything but those learned from uni. It's kinda unfair to measure one's abilities from one interview. The economy is bad. It's jungle out there with lots of ppl job hunting... Wouldnt really mind low salary atm. Just need to be employed n gain experience. Of coz not just any amount would suffice.
ps3roxor
post Nov 24 2009, 10:36 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

This post has been edited by ps3roxor: Jul 25 2019, 10:35 PM
@riff
post Nov 24 2009, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

@ mar_ware : working with UMW O&G atm... just found that this thread is interesting hence the contribution. a friend of friend got into BHI last year.

agree with ps3roxor... employers no longer see their employees as asset but only liability. to earn 6k you have to contribute at least 9k to the company (1.5x)
MHKing
post Nov 25 2009, 05:56 PM

27 posts

i dont agree with both of you. with wateve multiplication they want to achieve, they wont get it from a fresh grad. be fair and do some charity. as for the amount they want to pay for a fresh grad, im not suggesting they should pay 6k or more. i was just asking. take it easy bro.
mar_ware
post Nov 25 2009, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

I agree wif bro MHKing. I dun think any fresh grads expect 6k straightaway. At least not for me.

Anyone have tried going to Singapore for engineer position? Kinda want to try doing so. Tired of waiting. If not successful, do tell. Waiting is so freaking frustrating.

@@riff: How long do u need to find ur job after grad?
ps3roxor
post Nov 25 2009, 09:55 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

This post has been edited by ps3roxor: Jul 25 2019, 10:34 PM
mar_ware
post Nov 25 2009, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

Alrite, stop arguing about the salary. My bad, ppl. Sorry to bring out such sensitive issue. Let's move on, shall we? Anyway, anyone got called for face-to-face interview yet? Hate waiting... Anyone?

Added on November 25, 2009, 11:14 pmAnyone? Anyone?

This post has been edited by mar_ware: Nov 25 2009, 11:14 PM

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0412sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:02 PM