Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Motivational Books, Books that drive you to Success path!

views

arissa1992
post Jul 29 2014, 03:43 AM

46 posts

I like The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma, and As You Think.
I prefer the thin ones haha.
SUSSammich!
post Aug 31 2014, 08:36 PM

On my way
620 posts

After read those motivation book do u guys practice it and notice any effect? Like maybe earning more?

REcently i start reading alot of finance and motivational book like think and grow rich, secret of millonaire mind and stuff and kinda become obssess to read more.

But dunno if got any use read so many books.
PecoPeco
post Oct 1 2014, 03:17 PM

9 posts

Hello guys, just wanna' share my humble experience since I've been practising daily reading and listening for a while and so far so good.

I don't know whether if TS looking specifically at motivational books, or any self-help and development books.

I've read The Secret, The Power and The Magic by Rhonda Byrne. They are good but lacks of something, understanding the law of attraction is a good thing, giving love and practising gratitude is all good which gives you a positive life; the books reveal the mental thought process but not really reveal any action steps which leads people to a little bit of wishful thinking. 'Knowledge is not power, it is only potential power until you decided to use them.'

Anyways, after reading books by Rhonda, I would recommend books like Anthony Robbins: Awaken the Giant Within! It contains 'the secret' (law of attraction) in the book. Yet, it gives a lot more detail in it and empowers you to take more action steps required to make a leap ahead.
PecoPeco
post Oct 1 2014, 03:42 PM

9 posts

Some personal experience reading self-development books
1. You wanna' keep reading and reading and reading even after finishing that particular book, you either re-read it once you feel unproductive or pick up another good book and keep reading. I used to think that reading once is enough, but its not. It's just like the piano, you need to keep on practising even after you get to a certain grade, nobody become a super pianist by just attending a few classes and stop from there.

2. Audiobook is more expensive, but it's more worth it. It's really expensive but its pretty hard to finish a book compared to an audiobook. I only read self-help books and business books (no story, non-fiction all those stuffs) and it takes me usually 1 to 3 months time to finish a book, depending on the thickness. However, I can finish an audiobook in less than a week (usually ranges around 3 to 10 hours) and I don't just stop there. I keep playing the CD over and over again for at least 5 times to really understand it. It still wins reading a book though, as listening to the same CD for 10 times maybe only takes about 1 month.

3. If Audiobook is not an option, set goals to read a little bit everyday. Back then, I gave up reading a lot of times on a single book until I finally finish it. Why? Most of the time, I try to finish a book in a few days and that's pretty difficult for me as my daily schedule is pretty tight. I learnt a technique to read maybe 5 to 10 pages a day. It's really easy as you can easily fork out 10 to 15 minutes a day to complete that goal. If your book is about 300pages, you can easily finish it by a month.

4. Always summarize the book after reading. Why? Maybe I'm more stupid compared to others. I tend to forgot some of the chapters and points upon finishing a book. That is why I started to summarize the book after finishing it by listing out the important points and principles that I wanna' apply. The next time I wanna' get inspired and motivated, I just go through those lists instead of the whole book.

5. Take action. Knowledge is not power. It is only potential power. Taking action is what makes the potential power becomes power. There was times I fed my brain with lots of knowledge but I still feel like shit because I didn't take the actions. Until I read some books which empowers me to take action, I feel that it's hard to stop. (some books called it momentum)

Hope it helps. Let's empower ourselves together smile.gif
Btw, TS. this is a really good thread.

This post has been edited by PecoPeco: Oct 1 2014, 03:44 PM
SUSDeadlocks
post Oct 3 2014, 10:02 PM

n00b
943 posts

Taken from http://zenpencils.com/comic/89-stephen-fry...self-help-book/.

Credits to the author.

user posted image
vincyuee
post Oct 24 2014, 10:48 PM

Casual
304 posts

Anyone interested getting this Millionaire Mind Intensive Course Material Content DVD by Success Resources?? www.MillionaireMindWorld.com

Retail price selling for RM399. Im selling for RM300 only. BRAND NEW SEALED.

PM or call 0166862877 if interested or for photos. Thanks
saigetsu
post Dec 23 2014, 03:16 PM

Enthusiast
701 posts

whoah didnt know got this thread,. downloading audiobook for eargasam
LNYC
post Nov 25 2015, 04:28 PM

On my way
520 posts

Hi all!! i m exciting to see this thread in LYN. i loveee self-help book~cause it helps me to improve and grow..

currently reading : How to get from where you are to where you want to be by Jack Canfield

and

The only 127 things you need: a guide to life's esssentials by Donna Wilkinson.
eligible
post Aug 11 2016, 10:42 AM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(nky_kevin @ Sep 6 2009, 03:06 AM)
Hello everyone, I have been read all the topics LYN Literary Lounge & found that no one discuss about Motivational Books. I wonder do anyone sharing the same interest as me. Well, I love reading motivational books as it is a form of drive me to work hard in life in order to be success. Very often I see people reading Fiction or Non-fiction but seldom see people holding a motivational books like The Success Principles, The New Science of Getting Rich, Think Big & Kick Ass and etc. Do any of you have any good recommendations on motivational books? Please share rclxms.gif Appreciate it.
Monk who sold his Ferrari. Old book but worth to read and read again. thumbup.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:08 PM