Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Complaint Lawyer Service, Where and how?

views

TSnovabankinghall
post Jul 7 2009, 05:54 PM, updated 15y ago

Getting Started
179 posts

sigh... sometimes deal with fren is even worse. My fren introduce a lawyer firm for me to handle my loan application. It has been farking long and a lot of mistakes in the agreement. No communication and documents not properly arranged. I have forced to make few trips back to hometown to let my parents sign the document and come back and now i have to go back AGAIN! I'm very pissed off. More over they x come to explain about the agreement/document to me, just send a runner to ask me sign. When i ask him where to sign, he also has no idea. I feel that the lawyer is very not professional. Where can i complaint their service?

Moderator, can i disclose the Lawyer firm name? So that others can beware about this lawyer firms that provide bad service!!! mad.gif
Tohsan
post Jul 7 2009, 07:51 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

u should lodge your complaint to Bar Council Malaysia. Here is the link: http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/complaints_...st_lawyers.html

Complaints Against Lawyers

Guidelines To Lodge A Complaint:-
Three (3) sets of typewritten Letter of Complaint with detailed facts and relevant supporting documents addressed to:
Tiga (3) set surat aduan bertaip dengan fakta-fakta aduan terperinci dan salinan dokumen-dokumen untuk menyokong aduan tuan/puan yang dialamatkan kepada:

The Director
Complaints Secretariat
Advocates & Solicitors Disciplinary Board
8th Floor, Wisma Maran
28, Medan Pasar
50050 Kuala Lumpur

Contents of the Letter of Complaint (Please refer to sample/form to lodge a complaint as attached).
Isi Kandungan didalam surat aduan (Sila rujuk pada contoh/borang untuk membuat aduan sepertimana dilampirkan).

A Statutory Declaration or an Affidavit in support of the said complaint (sample attached).
Note: the date of letter of complaint referred to in the Statutory Declaration, must be the same date as in the letter of complaint.
Surat Akuan atau Afidavit sokongan kepada aduan tuan/puan (contoh disertakan).
Nota: Tarikh surat aduan yang dinyatakan dalam Akuan Berkanun hendaklah sama dengan tarikh surat aduan.

Copy of Complainant's identity card.
Salinan kad pengenalan Pengadu.

Fee for processing in the sum of RM100.00 (non refundable) - By cash or if payment by way of a cheque/postal order must be made payable to BAR COUNCIL-DISCIPLINE FUND
Bayaran untuk pemprosesan berjumlah RM100.00 (tidak dikembalikan) - secara tunai atau jika bayaran melalui Cek/Kiriman Wang, ia hendaklah dibayar atas nama BAR COUNCIL-DISCIPLINE FUND

This post has been edited by Tohsan: Jul 7 2009, 07:51 PM
pucman
post Jul 8 2009, 11:02 PM

Casual
319 posts

Yes, you're right, most of lawyers I meet are not professional.

After they get your business, they don't give proper service.

That;s why better to hire a lawyer close to your house so that you can go there and complain all the time.

Please tell us the lawyer firm name . We need to blacklist them.

This post has been edited by pucman: Jul 8 2009, 11:06 PM
dvinez
post Jul 13 2009, 04:07 AM

Limited Edition
1,473 posts

+10 !

My lawyer never show their pro ethic too.
They dont give good service now and I didnt expect any service later.

They should go and learn from the salesman. (since u study the heck much, but never act like u do) (hmm..im a salesman)
Learn to follow up, initiative and take responsibilities. (say call me but never, i always i call only)
Dont sit around and waste time, and talk nonsense when we question!

I'm going to complaint as well, thanks for the info.

Added on July 13, 2009, 4:09 am
QUOTE(novabankinghall @ Jul 7 2009, 05:54 PM)

FARKING LONG

both same, my & bank lawyer with a lot of lame excuses !

This post has been edited by dvinez: Jul 13 2009, 04:09 AM
pilotHans
post Jul 13 2009, 04:16 AM

scuderia ferrari pit crew (" ,)
2,525 posts

the problem would be how to get a good lawyer....I think it all depends on luck sweat.gif

we tend to search someone recommended from our friends....that's normal common sense....but we also need to be lucky....hope i'll be lucky too sweat.gif
Tohsan
post Jul 13 2009, 11:24 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

so far my lawyer is very responsible and they update me by calling me when there is any changes. The law firm is Lee & Tee in Bandar Puchong Jaya.
cic.lemur
post Jul 15 2009, 08:41 AM

Casual
376 posts

Ya I also lucky to have good laywer, even came to meet me at A&W store where it was convineant for me (to sign SPA) and offered to buy me food.

Happy with his service that I'm trying to get loan from the bank where he is in panel so he can continue to be my lawyer. He didn't try to persuade me to get his bank, just asked me to go to different banks to compare, when I told ODBC giving me better rate he said better go there, but I called up his bank (Hong Leong). The agent said can negotiate.

Must be careful to get good laywer, if get bad laywer you are screwed.

pucman
post Jul 15 2009, 11:07 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(Tohsan @ Jul 13 2009, 11:24 AM)
so far my lawyer is very responsible and they update me by calling me when there is any changes. The law firm is Lee & Tee in Bandar Puchong Jaya.
This company has already been blacklisted ! Rude and lazy staff and lawyer.

This post has been edited by pucman: Jul 15 2009, 11:09 PM
pucman
post Jul 15 2009, 11:10 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(cic.lemur @ Jul 15 2009, 08:41 AM)
Ya I also lucky to have good laywer, even came to meet me at A&W store where it was convineant for me (to sign SPA) and offered to buy me food.

Happy with his service that I'm trying to get loan from the bank where he is in panel so he can continue to be my lawyer. He didn't try to persuade me to get his bank, just asked me to go to different banks to compare, when I told ODBC giving me better rate he said better go there, but I called up his bank (Hong Leong). The agent said can negotiate.

Must be careful to get good laywer, if get bad laywer you are screwed.
Your lawyer meet you just to get your money. Once you have paid all your money, then we'll know whether he's a good lawyer.

After sales service is the best judgement of a good lwayer.

How's his after sales service after few months ?
mat403
post Jul 16 2009, 04:35 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

write a letter to the firm n ugut to write to the Bar Council, then u will see the improvement...

This post has been edited by mat403: Jul 16 2009, 04:37 AM
cic.lemur
post Jul 16 2009, 09:18 AM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 15 2009, 11:10 PM)
Your lawyer meet you just to get your money. Once you have paid all your money, then we'll know whether he's a good lawyer.

After sales service is the best judgement of a good lwayer.

How's his after sales service after few months ?
I don't know yet, only day before yesterday he came to collect money and sign SPA, but before that he had attended to my queries in a friendly way. One reason I didn't help promote his name yet is because I know things only half finish, once everything finish ok I'll start promoting him nod.gif

Added on July 16, 2009, 9:23 am
QUOTE(pucman @ Jul 15 2009, 11:07 PM)
This company has already been blacklisted ! Rude and lazy staff and lawyer.
Sometimes junior laywer at the firm lazy, just try to complain to the partners (owner of firm) directly, if they don't do anything than confirm it's a lousy firm.

This post has been edited by cic.lemur: Jul 16 2009, 09:23 AM
pucman
post Jul 18 2009, 12:37 AM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(cic.lemur @ Jul 16 2009, 09:18 AM)
I don't know yet, only day before yesterday he came to collect money and sign SPA, but before that he had attended to my queries in a friendly way. One reason I didn't help promote his name yet is because I know things only half finish, once everything finish ok I'll start promoting him  nod.gif

Added on July 16, 2009, 9:23 am

Sometimes junior laywer at the firm lazy, just try to complain to the partners (owner of firm) directly, if they don't do anything than confirm it's a lousy firm.
It's the partners of the firm that is lazy and arrogant.
one0202
post Jul 24 2009, 07:47 PM

Casual
429 posts

i also want to complain about my lawyer.....
1st time, she ok, explain well every detail,
but after got my half payment, she lost,
net even try to call me to tell about what going on with the status of my new house.
i always need to call her and ask for update.....
last 2week, she promise me that my case will settle that week.
then, promise last week,
then yesterday.
lastly, tonight.....
now, waiting his despatch to bring my new house key......
really angry to my lawyer.......lembab buat kerja.....
no wander if u see at "pejabat mahkamah puterajaya" there a big banner said "BUAT KERJA".
heheheh
mikeccl78
post Oct 29 2009, 05:39 PM

2 posts

i want to complaint my vendor lawyer " N*o & N* located at old klang road....

can u imagine ... my lawyer faxed some request letter and for the past 5 days clerk in charge onleave or not received fax , or ask to refaxed and my lawyer mention pls call back if not received ... you know what.... today Thurday the cleark onleave and called lawyer Ms N*O.... she tell me pls dont call her firm and she will get back to my lawyer tomorrow and hang my phone.... FXXX ......

For past one week the they do nothing and no joke....My SPA signed August 2008 and until now loan not release.... guest what ... property freehold and free from encumbrances.......take more than 1 yr to release the loan......

they never take initiative to follow up with my lawyer ......

kinseong
post Oct 29 2009, 10:52 PM

Casual
371 posts

I'm having bad experience with one of the legal firm located in the center of KL city. So far you guys are not disclosed the name of the legal firms or maybe we are not permitted to do so in this forum.

I just wonder, we can have a list of blacklisted shop/telco/bank or whatever bad service that being provided, so that we will not get the service from them again. But why we cannot have a list of bad service legal firm. I'd been search through the internet, most of the cases whereby late penalty due to balance sum is not being settled within 3 months is still paid by client even though it is the legal firm that is delaying the process, submitting the wrong documents + not follow-up closely etc.

Legal firm is suppose to have their right ethic and to advise clients (individuals or corporations) about their legal rights and responsibilities, and to represent their clients in civil or criminal cases, business transactions and other matters in which legal assistance is sought. But they are just not giving a good service, and they are not being punished, where is our justice? Why we are not allow to have a list of bad service legal firm? is that we scared of being sued?
yusiang
post Nov 2 2009, 11:22 AM

Casual
471 posts

I am also having a serious headache with my S&P lawyer. Yesterday me & seller just signed with another new lawyer for handling our transaction after terminating the (extremely lousy) service from this stupid K M Y** law firm in amcorp mall, PJ after we all felt that enough is enough(of listening to the b*llsh*t excuses from the lawyer).

Now I just pray I can get back my RM5k MOT refund from this guy. BTW, anyone know if is there any possibility I can file a complaint to bar council in order to get some refund of the legal fees paid?
leongal
post Jan 19 2010, 10:43 AM

~I have a new mission in life~
3,188 posts

vmad.gif i am mad about the loan lawyer (who is also my s&p lawyer)....actually not the lawyer exactly, but the staff handling the stuff

first thing, s&p printing error - i told her de, she say never mind, later on, the seller doesn't want to sign (never mind, i went back to sign again)

second thing, doesn't know how to explain (or maybe I am weak in understanding)

third thing, always say will return my call - NEVER HAPPEN

fourth thing, minor mistakes like ticking the wrong column - suppose to "deliver", tick on "undertake" - vmad.gif causing delays..... mad.gif
jarjar6666
post Jan 19 2010, 10:52 PM

Casual
354 posts

So far my lawyer is pretty good. I signed my s&p on 17/11/09 and the bank has disbursed the loan on 12/01/09. They also reply every single email that I sent. I'm pretty satisfied smile.gif
felisa0529
post Jan 20 2010, 08:30 AM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(jarjar6666 @ Jan 19 2010, 10:52 PM)
So far my lawyer is pretty good. I signed my s&p on 17/11/09 and the bank has disbursed the loan on 12/01/09. They also reply every single email that I sent. I'm pretty satisfied smile.gif
which lawyer it is?.. icon_question.gif
leongal
post Jan 28 2010, 02:25 PM

~I have a new mission in life~
3,188 posts

QUOTE(jarjar6666 @ Jan 19 2010, 10:52 PM)
you are so lucky or wise to choose a good lawyer

my lawyer even need the seller's lawyer to teach her what to do sweat.gif

very bad follow up vmad.gif i need to remind her to give the seller's lawyer a call...

generally, never reply my email or reply my call.... vmad.gif

but all these are beyond my control vmad.gif cant do anything but WAIT.....and in future, if I intend to buy another property, NEVER with this lawyer again....

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:40 PM