Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies BURIED: Waking Up in a Coffin, in the Iraqi Desert, You Only Have a Cellphone & a Lighter

views

Calvin871989
post Jan 1 2010, 08:55 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

user posted image

^ poster

nope, no knife guys. its just a man in a coffin with a lighther and a cell phone: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462758/

Paul is a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.

Sundance describes the 94-minute film as follows:

Paul Conroy (Ryan Reynolds) is a U.S. citizen working as a contract driver in Iraq. After a swift and sudden attack on his convoy, he awakens to find himself buried alive inside a coffin with nothing more than a lighter, a cell phone, and little memory of how he ended up there. Faced with limited oxygen and unlimited panic, Paul finds himself in a tension-filled race against time to escape this claustrophobic deathtrap before it’s too late. If the sheer logistics of this premise are enough to make your head hurt, rest assured that director Rodrigo Cortés tackles these issues with relative ease, aided a great deal by a superbly convincing performance by Reynolds, the lone onscreen actor in the film. The result is a gripping and suspenseful thriller that will leave you gasping for air until the very end.

Apparently Paul is in a “death race against time” and only has 90 minutes to escape before he runs out of oxygen.

Rodrigo Cortes‘ Buried will premiere at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival in the Park City at Midnight category, one of eight films selected from over 3724 titles from all over the world.

looking foward to this movie. quite many people said that the script for this movie was good. the script even got leaked. ill attach the full script. have a read at it if you're free.
and here we have a review of the script if you plan to skip the full script: http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/2009/06/buried.html

so guys, what would you start to do if you found yourself in that situation ?

1st, panic, sweating the hell out
2nd, find out why im in a coffin.
3rd, what else is in the coffin. yes, im not alone. lol
4th ...

kind enough to help me continue ? i think i know whats coming after i ran out of oxygen. Death!
cry.gif

QUOTE(ReWeR @ Jun 26 2009, 04:02 AM)
maybe I'm stupid, but why would someone bury another person with a handphone, candle and knife? does that even make sense?
intresting isnt it, no ?
you'll never know. so many crazy things happening in the world today.
but as for the movie, we'll just have to wait and see why the person chose to do so by burying a man with a lighther and a cell phone.

QUOTE(trinityz @ Jun 26 2009, 12:06 PM)
Too many gadget for him already. Remember, The Bride in Kill Bill can break and come out from the coffin with just bare hands.
a lighter and a cell phone isnt many
its pretty limit to begin with i say
sweat.gif

Calvin871989
post Jan 25 2010, 01:00 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

SUNDANCE EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Reynolds Is Forced To Make A Hard Choice In This Clip From 'Buried': http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/20/sunda...lip-from-buried

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/24/sundan...-review-buried/
Sundance Movie Review: Buried
/Film Rating: 9 out of 10
Calvin871989
post Aug 23 2010, 11:55 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

new poster

user posted image
Calvin871989
post Oct 13 2010, 11:58 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

QUOTE(kevin23 @ Oct 13 2010, 11:50 PM)
Just watched Buried special screening at Cineleisure just now.

Yes ,the whole movie is just in the coffin.Thats 90 mins to be exact.

How is the movie? For me,i feel it is one of the worst movie this year.

After i came out from the hall,i felt like wanna vomit and felt like I am buried 6 feet under.

Luckily it was free,so dint bother too much.

But damn was it a boring movie.Not worth watching at all

Ohyea,this movie has no flashbacks,no replays,no nothing.

All it has is RR in a wooden coffin with a lighter,a torchlight,phone,some light sticks,a can of alcohol,a pencil for 90 mins! Thats about it.Ohyea and another something,but this I shall let you guys watch to find out what it is.

Bet nobody can guess what it is.hahahaha..

4/10 for me.
really, that bad ?
Calvin871989
post Oct 14 2010, 12:09 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

QUOTE(kevin23 @ Oct 14 2010, 12:03 AM)
Just showing how RR try to escape and make calls & answer calls.
that was what shown in the trailers as well
who couldnt live without their phones beside them laugh.gif
anyway, sorry to hear you dislike the movie.

This post has been edited by Calvin871989: Oct 14 2010, 12:10 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:30 PM