Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies BURIED: Waking Up in a Coffin, in the Iraqi Desert, You Only Have a Cellphone & a Lighter

views

TSfiredauz
post Jun 26 2009, 03:53 AM, updated 15y ago

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

Sauce: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800534...egoryid=13&cs=1
Ryan Reynolds Gets Buried

Ryan Reynolds (The Proposal, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) will star in Buried, playing a civilian contractor who's kidnapped in Iraq and awakens buried in a coffin in the desert, armed only with a cell phone, a candle and a knife.

Rodrigo Cortes will direct a script by Chris Sparling; production will begin this month in Barcelona.

Peter Safran will produce through his Safran Co. with Adrian Guerra of Spain-based Versus Entertainment, which is financing the film. The picture will shoot entirely in Spain, which is home to Cortes.

Basic storyline sounds cool.
Abit Macguyver-ish, but I expect it to be action-packed survival movie just like Behind Enemy Lines (2001) biggrin.gif
Good way to boost Ryan's exposure as a Hollywood action star since Origin.

This post has been edited by firedauz: Jan 2 2010, 11:27 PM
ReWeR
post Jun 26 2009, 04:02 AM

Foreveralone
1,715 posts

maybe I'm stupid, but why would someone bury another person with a handphone, candle and knife? does that even make sense?
whoopa
post Jun 26 2009, 10:33 AM

b~o~b~o
7,118 posts

whats the use of the candle? no matches or lighter ? hmmmm knife to make sparks ?
azbro
post Jun 26 2009, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

If I was to be buried with a Handphone......it must be the Vertu of course....
WaCKy-Angel
post Jun 26 2009, 10:36 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(ReWeR @ Jun 26 2009, 04:02 AM)
maybe I'm stupid, but why would someone bury another person with a handphone, candle and knife? does that even make sense?
Thats why u should watch it, no?

The HP call out is barred, only the kidnapped can call him to ask him go assinate ppl, using the knife.

azbro
post Jun 26 2009, 10:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Jun 26 2009, 10:36 AM)
Thats why u should watch it, no?

The HP call out is barred, only the kidnapped can call him to ask him go assinate ppl, using the knife.
You mean something like Vantage Point in the Desert?...cool
trinityz
post Jun 26 2009, 12:06 PM

Casual
477 posts

Too many gadget for him already. Remember, The Bride in Kill Bill can break and come out from the coffin with just bare hands.
Calvin871989
post Jan 1 2010, 08:55 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

user posted image

^ poster

nope, no knife guys. its just a man in a coffin with a lighther and a cell phone: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462758/

Paul is a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.

Sundance describes the 94-minute film as follows:

Paul Conroy (Ryan Reynolds) is a U.S. citizen working as a contract driver in Iraq. After a swift and sudden attack on his convoy, he awakens to find himself buried alive inside a coffin with nothing more than a lighter, a cell phone, and little memory of how he ended up there. Faced with limited oxygen and unlimited panic, Paul finds himself in a tension-filled race against time to escape this claustrophobic deathtrap before it’s too late. If the sheer logistics of this premise are enough to make your head hurt, rest assured that director Rodrigo Cortés tackles these issues with relative ease, aided a great deal by a superbly convincing performance by Reynolds, the lone onscreen actor in the film. The result is a gripping and suspenseful thriller that will leave you gasping for air until the very end.

Apparently Paul is in a “death race against time” and only has 90 minutes to escape before he runs out of oxygen.

Rodrigo Cortes‘ Buried will premiere at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival in the Park City at Midnight category, one of eight films selected from over 3724 titles from all over the world.

looking foward to this movie. quite many people said that the script for this movie was good. the script even got leaked. ill attach the full script. have a read at it if you're free.
and here we have a review of the script if you plan to skip the full script: http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/2009/06/buried.html

so guys, what would you start to do if you found yourself in that situation ?

1st, panic, sweating the hell out
2nd, find out why im in a coffin.
3rd, what else is in the coffin. yes, im not alone. lol
4th ...

kind enough to help me continue ? i think i know whats coming after i ran out of oxygen. Death!
cry.gif

intresting isnt it, no ?
you'll never know. so many crazy things happening in the world today.
but as for the movie, we'll just have to wait and see why the person chose to do so by burying a man with a lighther and a cell phone.

QUOTE(trinityz @ Jun 26 2009, 12:06 PM)
Too many gadget for him already. Remember, The Bride in Kill Bill can break and come out from the coffin with just bare hands.
a lighter and a cell phone isnt many
its pretty limit to begin with i say
sweat.gif

jonjon87
post Jan 2 2010, 03:24 PM

On my way
514 posts

sounds like one of the finale of CSI vegas...
ghoster
post Jan 2 2010, 04:52 PM

I got 4 stars
641 posts

i guess u'll never know why until u watch it right? biggrin.gif

btw Ryan Reynolds? sound good!

This post has been edited by ghoster: Jan 2 2010, 04:53 PM
kobe24bryant
post Jan 2 2010, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Well Mythbusters proved that you can't punch your way out of a coffin so perhaps this could improve on that.
radiounit
post Jan 2 2010, 11:46 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

i've just gone thru the script. just had to say, wow. a simple yet engaging plot but the level of desperation and fear of buried alive is just unimaginable. it's kinda like Phone Booth, but more terrifying.
maximus85
post Jan 3 2010, 01:38 PM

O.M.F.G~!!!
605 posts

the whole movie inside the coffin? wtf?
azbro
post Jan 3 2010, 02:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

QUOTE(kobe24bryant @ Jan 2 2010, 10:22 PM)
Well Mythbusters proved that you can't punch your way out of a coffin so perhaps this could improve on that.
They should have gotten Pai Mei inside the coffin and make a bet if he can get out of it. If he wins, the Mythbuster Team will loose their eye balls to him..
If he loses, just bury him inside the coffin...haha..with a bowl of poison fish head soup courtesy of Elle Driver..

This post has been edited by azbro: Jan 3 2010, 02:47 PM
chibi_tenko
post Jan 4 2010, 09:31 AM

I see. I pinch. I squeeze
1,250 posts

QUOTE(jonjon87 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:24 PM)
sounds like one of the finale of CSI vegas...
But Nick don't have a cellphone with him. All he had was a gun to blow his head out and glo-sticks and yeah... he's not alone. There's those fire ants thingy with him (IMO, one of the best CSI episodes ever)
Calvin871989
post Jan 25 2010, 01:00 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

SUNDANCE EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Reynolds Is Forced To Make A Hard Choice In This Clip From 'Buried': http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/20/sunda...lip-from-buried

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/24/sundan...-review-buried/
Sundance Movie Review: Buried
/Film Rating: 9 out of 10
swks26
post Jan 25 2010, 11:27 AM

CEO RM20k/day
942 posts

Is this movie out? Or when is it released?
kamal.amir
post Jan 25 2010, 12:20 PM

27 posts

piece of cake.... this guy can do it with only a knife, flint & water bottle

user posted image
SUSenjoice
post Jan 26 2010, 11:35 AM

33 posts

dam u ryan, how dare u steal scarjo .... vmad.gif and get to kiss sandra as well sad.gif
n00b13
post Jan 26 2010, 12:37 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(enjoice @ Jan 26 2010, 11:35 AM)
dam u ryan, how dare u steal scarjo .... vmad.gif
Who did he "steal" her from? laugh.gif

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0234sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:53 PM