MY0000-3405-97765
Eoma
post Jun 22 2009, 06:07 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Jun 22 2009, 04:32 PM)
Um... sorry.. pulling my protest out. They just resolved the issue by replacing a 23" for me at the same price.  whistling.gif

PS : I have also directed Dell people to this forum as I told them there is a lot of disgruntled customer waiting to take action against them. Hopefully they will investigate and provide the same replacement to everyone who listed their Order Acknowledgement code here.
With no tangible proof of your claims, it cannot be treated seriously.
If it were true, it's even worse for Dell who are now offering selective compensation for the privileged few.
I hope everyone affected by this lends their support to this petition so that all can benefit and not just a few.
Eoma
post Jun 23 2009, 03:26 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

Thanks MeToo for sharing with us your details.

My earlier post was never meant as a challenge to prove but rather as a cautionary note. Please accept my humblest apology if it offended you in any way. smile.gif

As I mentioned before, it's even worse for Dell now, who are giving subjective replacements. I'm going to give them a call again now and see how it goes.

Update: I've been on hold for like 20mins now ? Transferred to the "Customer Service Dept" by a hurried call center attendant.

This post has been edited by Eoma: Jun 23 2009, 03:49 PM
Eoma
post Jun 23 2009, 07:10 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Jun 23 2009, 05:36 PM)
Dear Eoma, I do apologize if I came off as being rude. It's not with regards to your post, but the follow up by xf1re cause we had some problem on another thread. But let bygones be bygones.
I dont have the number bro. I remember she is from Customer Service, maybe there is 1 Sandra there. But IMHO, I think you better write to them or speak to a supervisor/mgr, cause I dont think she can make decision on such things.
No harm done Me2. smile.gif

Yeah, i tried getting a Mgr to attend to my call but the call center attendant has no such authority. She didn't have any e-mails either (General Manager Sales / Customer Service was what I asked for).
The 2nd time around I waited for another 30 minutes of being put on hold before I put the phone down. I sent an official e-mail complaint via their Contact Customer Support page and got the support confirmation mail. Let's see if someone from Dell calls me tomorrow.
Eoma
post Jun 25 2009, 02:38 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

QUOTE(POKAUS @ Jun 25 2009, 02:21 PM)
no updates yet? sad.gif
None I'm afraid. Their customer service dept has yet to contact me and attempts of contacting them myself via their toll free number has always been met with "Please hold on sir"......30-40 mins..."thank you for holding on etc etc". I'm starting to think if they know you're calling about this particular issue they put you on an infinite hold.
Eoma
post Jul 3 2009, 11:37 AM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

QUOTE(KeV @ Jul 3 2009, 09:31 AM)
i have emailed this thread to the manager in dell, bridget lai. maybe i should email to US right now since no courteous reply from them
All my e-mails and calls to them have been "un-layaned" by Dell staff in true Malaysian style.
Not even a public apology Dell. a real fakap you are.

Eoma
post Jul 3 2009, 05:45 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

Kev / Barricade : Sure. So perhaps one of us writes a post in the US Dell forum (so as not to swamp the forum) and all of us email the US mgmt/customer service reps ? Any e-mails Kev ?
Eoma
post Jul 3 2009, 08:25 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

QUOTE(Invince_Z @ Jul 3 2009, 06:36 PM)
suggest all of u wrote to every single newspaper. everyone...not just 1 person as repsentative. 3-4 person each day. continuously for many days. also..start working on bringing dell to the chamber of justice. give them 2 option...replacement or sue.
Their T&C covers all legal angles. We're asking Dell on good faith and treating their customers right, by admitting their mistake and doing good by it.
Eoma
post Jul 4 2009, 11:52 AM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Jul 4 2009, 11:48 AM)
Law is on their side, a price is an offer to treat, not a contract.
But if they processed the order, that is the intent to sell ?
Eoma
post Jul 6 2009, 05:42 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

Well, the LY.net front page picked up on Dell Taiwan. Any chances of running our story oh TPTB ?
Eoma
post Jul 7 2009, 01:32 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

QUOTE(ianho @ Jul 7 2009, 02:57 AM)
It's so easy to go consumer ministry to fill up a form n make a report n no1 has bothered to do that. All waiting for the other fella to do.
I already did. Nothing yet so far.

To the rest, here's the link:

http://e-aduan.kpdnkk.gov.my/

This post has been edited by Eoma: Jul 7 2009, 01:32 PM
Eoma
post Jul 9 2009, 01:32 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

I just checked my complaint status at the e-aduan page, guess what.. "Not Started"...
Eoma
post Jul 16 2009, 10:38 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

Please keep this thread clean and with relevant replies. Thank you.

I just got a letter from the Trade and Consumer Affairs Office in Penang. They're looking into the complaint and forwarded the request to the relevant enforcement agency to probe further.
Will update.
Eoma
post Aug 2 2009, 04:05 PM

- ,. -
Group Icon
Elite
4,601 posts

I'm still waiting for the Consumer enforcement (Penang) to get back to me. They've sent emails and Urusan Seri Paduka Baginda letters to a few people. We'll see.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0233sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:30 AM