Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Interview with iCIMB

views

Mr.Wang
post May 18 2011, 04:08 PM

Casual
377 posts

Hmm, I'm very doubtful about the interview. Probably they just want you to do sales. Typical bank and insurance company tactics.
moonbuggy
post May 18 2011, 04:12 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Wang @ May 18 2011, 04:08 PM)
Hmm, I'm very doubtful about the interview. Probably they just want you to do sales. Typical bank and insurance company tactics.
really? i actually thought it was a scam. but the person who called me had my complete resume n even interviewed me a lil bit on the phone.

i asked her to tell me more abt the position n she explained that in the position, i wud be dealing a lot with IT tools and handling vendors. since my banking knowledge is limited to withdrawing salary every end of month, i have no idea wut that is supposed to mean hehhehheh tongue.gif

Added on May 18, 2011, 4:15 pm
QUOTE(Salience @ Sep 20 2009, 04:35 PM)
icimb is backend processing

it's not like cimb

icimb supports cimb like doing cheque processing, etc.

i was offered a job immediately after interview but declined it. just talking during interview. no tests

icimb office is at near menara tm/ kerinchi LRT.
the people th ere were walking aroundi n slippers, wearing working clothes
very laid back

and i think very little opportunities for growth
oh so u did go to the interview and even get the job. mind telling us wut is it all about? smile.gif

This post has been edited by moonbuggy: May 18 2011, 04:15 PM
Mr.Wang
post May 18 2011, 04:18 PM

Casual
377 posts

QUOTE(moonbuggy @ May 18 2011, 04:12 PM)
really? i actually thought it was a scam. but the person who called me had my complete resume n even interviewed me a lil bit on the phone.

i asked her to tell me more abt the position n she explained that in the position, i wud be dealing a lot with IT tools and handling vendors. since my banking knowledge is limited to withdrawing salary every end of month, i have no idea wut that is supposed to mean hehhehheh  tongue.gif

Added on May 18, 2011, 4:15 pm
oh so u did go to the interview and even get the job. mind telling us wut is it all about?  smile.gif
The only way to find out the truth is attend the interview. I've past experience with insurance company which asked me attend interview for HR post. The first interview is OK, but in the second interview they started to persuade me to become insurance agent...i ran away... sweat.gif
eanz808
post May 24 2011, 02:46 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Wang @ May 18 2011, 04:08 PM)
mr.wang, actually the job is backend processing. i'm pretty sure you dont have to do sales. just deal with papers and computers, that's all. my friend used to work there, and now i also got the interview, my friend encourage me to work there as they offer you a lot of experience and learning too. nod.gif
keylargo
post Jun 7 2011, 01:59 PM

23 posts

working environment was good plus friendly staff( and it depends on which department). i was there in electronic banking dept, monitoring. superb gaban strict bos + hell workloads. but working environment + staff was hell yea! nice collegue tho.
ricoric
post Jun 20 2011, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Back office processing is very boring, are you sure can learn things??? rclxub.gif Work load is heavy man..

I don't argue with the fact of nice colleague though.

hemoh_hemoh
post Jun 29 2011, 08:57 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

So,how about the salary?
debbieyss
post Jun 29 2011, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars! I want to be a SUPERSTAR!
4,458 posts

QUOTE(kelvin_tan @ Jan 7 2011, 10:22 AM)
@debbiesys
meaning the staff has failed to meet expectations of the hiring manager
So you are saying getting a B+ in MBO is still a failure to the hiring manager?

You are one of the forumers here well known as a 'hardworking' and 'doesn't mind to work more', but it doesn't mean you can simply judge the person incapable.

Leonhart
post Jul 1 2011, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

the job scope is like what im doing right now. what is the range salary if working there?

jeans_1239
post Jul 7 2011, 05:58 PM

29 posts

their salary for fresh RM1900..Got info from insider..If have any vacancy,pls let me know.. biggrin.gif
wu ming
post Jul 17 2011, 04:50 PM

Regular
1,143 posts

How do I apply with iCIMB?
Can I send my resume to their HR email?
Called up the CIMB group HR and they gave this careers@cimb.com
Well no hurt trying. biggrin.gif
paktam
post Jul 29 2011, 10:47 PM

Casual
451 posts

Just resigned from iCIMB last month...the job is ok...Salary RM1900 for fresh grad...good for people who wants some experience...
gpown
post Oct 21 2011, 03:06 PM

16 posts

QUOTE(Chester @ Sep 20 2009, 11:51 AM)
I think interview would be similar to CIMB Bank. You will do some IQ/Objective question and a few subjective. Then interview by the department that hiring you. If they want you, you will go last round interview with HR (which generally means you pass already).

I heard these day they are taking ppl into iCIMB instead of CIMB ..
i already interview with sales mnger at his branch, and after the intrview he says that i just need to wait for calling from hr . rolleyes.gif
there, almost 1week but i didnt received any call yet from hr. and i just called the mnger and he says he already set up all my resume and application to hr.
i lil bit worried and want to know how long they takes to call me for interview? lets say after 2weeks i didnt received any call from them thats means im not selected? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by gpown: Oct 21 2011, 03:08 PM
SUSRaikkonen
post Apr 19 2012, 09:22 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,635 posts

Morning.

Offered an Officer position for 3 months contract (no extension) by employment agency to work in iCIMB.
Processing application.

Required to process applications for a specific project
-Basic admin/clerical task
-Willing to do OT
-Work office hours + OT

Wonder anyone did this job.

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Apr 19 2012, 09:22 AM
ah_fui
post Apr 29 2012, 10:04 AM

technical potatoz
858 posts

anyone is from GIOD-GT CIMB Group @ plaza damansara?
how was the bonus for 2011 ?
Black Red
post Nov 19 2012, 10:55 AM

Casual
485 posts

any more info about i-cimb?
valve
post Jun 29 2014, 06:45 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

anyone working here ? how's the career growth ? just already went for an interview, 1 year contract basis for electronic banking.
cringe
post Nov 24 2019, 09:43 PM

Casual
330 posts

Sorry bump old thread.

My friend went to interview for this position. Now they renamed the position as Operation Officer. Basically, the job scope is still the same, doing the processing.

Based at Bangsar South, salary around RM1800-RM2000. They are conducting walk-in-interview this month.

Since my friend is a fresh grad, she went to interview for this position. There are so MANY candidate out that went to the interview. rclxub.gif
So many jobless fresh grads I guess.

The HR mentioned they will hire more than 50 person. This position is still 1-year contract basis but will be converted to permanent if the performance is good.

So her chance is quite slim since volume of application is really high.

This post has been edited by cringe: Nov 24 2019, 09:52 PM
Yelocard P
post Jan 22 2021, 11:56 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(cringe @ Nov 24 2019, 09:43 PM)
Sorry bump old thread.

My friend went to interview for this position. Now they renamed the position as Operation Officer. Basically, the job scope is still the same, doing the processing.

Based at Bangsar South, salary around RM1800-RM2000. They are conducting walk-in-interview this month.

Since my friend is a fresh grad, she went to interview for this position. There are so MANY candidate out that went to the interview.  rclxub.gif

The HR mentioned they will hire more than 50 person. This position is still 1-year contract basis but will be converted to permanent if the performance is good.

Yelocard P
post Jan 22 2021, 11:57 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(cringe @ Nov 24 2019, 09:43 PM)
Sorry bump old thread.

Since my friend is a fresh grad, she went to interview for this position. There are so MANY candidate out that went to the interview.  rclxub.gif

Hi. The salary given is for degree fresh garduates?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:24 AM