Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Atmosfera Condominium, Puchong Jaya Investment

views

yunashiwa
post May 25 2012, 10:53 AM

3 posts

Hi Falangkei. I've read your comments on the defects in your atmosfera unit. I've got the same issue if not more!

Gotta say that I'm quite disappointed with the finishing touches. My unit didn't even have the main door installed yet!! I don't understand how they can get clearance from government to release the unit to us buyers.

The unit is in a total mess right now. They gave me the whole bunch of keys to my unit. But I need to use NONE of them to go inside my unit as there is no door! The reason they give me is because Bomba request that they change the door to fire rated door for corner units cause the units are located further away from the lifts. Ok. But why cant they do it before giving us the permission to get the keys? I've paid everything in full in order to get the keys! But unfortunely I can't start installing lights or fans and air cons because there's no door to my unit. Who's gonna be responsible if things are stolen from my unit?

I've had lots of a issues with the finishing touches. When I said lots I mean LOTS!! I've counted to at least 200+ wall defects, ie. holes, cracks, unpaint, rough surface, etc. they took me a whole day to mark them all! There are a lot of unfilled gaps in between tiles. Especially on the edges, ie. the link from wall to floor. Some of the window railings are rotted. There are huge gaps on closed room doors, big enough for an iguana to squeeze through, (exaggerate a bit la). And the whole unit is super dirty. Windows are covered in splashed paints, paints all over the tiles, dripping down from the wall i supposed. I mean, arent they suppose to give us a FIT to stay unit? Who's buying a construction site to stay? But Man.. I really have no idea when can I "settle" all those before I can start renovating/installing lightings.

The management told me that they need AT LEAST another 2 weeks to get the door installed. And from then AT LEAST another month to look into all the defects I mentioned. Read carefully, AT LEAST... According to the man in charge, I don't know what he does but I know we are suppose to submit the defect list to him, he's got an office at the ground floor of the Kondo in block A. He also told me that it's better for me to submit the defect list after they've install the door. But when I asked him yesterday about the time they need once I submit the defect list to get the things done, he said if I submitted yesterday I'll be 56th on the waiting list. 56th??!! I don't think they can kaotim a unit in a day. So for sure I won't get the defects ratified in a month! That's for sure. And if I submit the defect list after the door is installed, I would be what? 356th on the waiting list? I mean come on!!

How can you collect money from me and telling me that the unit is FIT to occupy? Make no sense at all man.

Guys whoever you are. What do you suggest me to do? I just want to get the things done and move on! Time is essence. No point complain here and there and get no further from the problem I already have.

Gotta say, disappointing. I really do. We are paying good money for things like that..

P/S: I noticed that some of the room doors have these weird holes on the side. I guess they accidentally drill the wholes on the wrong side of the door and the just simply amend it by filling the holes and painted it to cover up. Should I request to replace the doors or is it normal to do that way? Cause the last time I check a door can cost a few hundreds. I mean I've already paid so much for the Kondo. Takkan I wanna buy some defect??

Gosh. The more I type the the more fire I get.
yunashiwa
post Jun 1 2012, 09:06 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(findingpeace @ May 28 2012, 04:54 PM)
Hi yunashiwa, I have the same problem. I've marked close to 200+ defects to-date, the maintenance guy told me he need 1 month to deal with my defects. He took the main door keys because that door has to be replaced to meet the approved bomba-standard, and also he will need it to access my house to rectify the defects. I must say, that the very busy maintenance-guy (appointed by Villamas) had only glance through for less than 5 minutes and then he whispered to the indon worker he brought along to "work on" my unit, I'm guessing that he has number of other complain-owners to deal with.

Initially he said my defects were minor, as though I was the one making a fuzz over it. But after I've walked him through the house with all 200+ marks, he knows that I am serious with my required quality standard.

I guess only annoyed-owners like you and me, can share the sentiment of being 'misguided' with their much promoted "luxury high-end condo" with an actual "low-cost apartment" quality. I hope Villamas will to work on rectifying the defects and ban this contractor that they use in all their future projects. I am seriously wondering how are they selling Zeffer, now that Atmosfera has this teething issues.
Yeah. So far no improvement whatsoever. Honestly. I'm scare of Villamas now. No more property from them. Ever.

Btw. Have you contacted the vendor for the dryer? Looks like we have to bear the delivery charges our own. Make no sense. They said they are giving us for free. But we are bearing the delivery cost ourselves. What's the whole point? Really no idea. Wonder if we can arrange delivery together. Maybe we'll be able to share the delivery cost? Though I highly doubt they will let us do that.

I bet we are going to have to queue up for the delivery as well!

Update on the door, no improvement. Still the same. One big hole on the wall.

Update on the defects, no actions.

One word. Disappointing.

On the other hand, tried to contact some agents. Actually they were the ones who contacted me first. All asking if I'm selling. Wanted to rent the unit out. Was asking some agents about the rental. All giving different answers. Way too much difference. Around RM1200 difference. Don't understand. I really wonder which agent is really giving genuine help. I asked if I would be able to push the rental higher if I have kitchen cabinet, air cons, fans and nice lightings installed. Answered one of the agent is, quote, "the difference will be around RM200"! Unbelievable! I spent an extra RM15,000 to get RM200 increase? Make no sense.

But some agents are quite helpful. They tell you to install this and that and they will try to push the rental higher. But then again, they will TRY.

Man. All these troubles. I wonder if it's worth all the efforts.

So far the rent market is very quiet over there. As the condo is definitely not fit for staying.

Findingpeace, you have any idea what your queue number is for the defect waiting list?

cwhong, yeah. What else could be done? Nothing at all.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:12 PM