Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PRO NORMAL DELIVERY GYNAE IN KL

views

TSCliff_Tan73
post Oct 26 2012, 10:47 AM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
74 posts

Hi, my wife will give birth soon in these few weeks. Can anybody suggest Gynae who PRO NORMAL DELIVERY IN KL AREA? Thanks.
FabuData
post Oct 26 2012, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

What about HER gynae ?
TSCliff_Tan73
post Oct 26 2012, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Her doctor is Edmand Lai from Pantai Cheras, who told her that mostly need to be Surgery................

QUOTE(FabuData @ Oct 26 2012, 03:20 PM)
What about HER gynae ?
TSCliff_Tan73
post Oct 27 2012, 12:52 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

Thanks MrPRINCE MsPRINCESS for your infor, mind to tell us more on your story on Dr Tee and Dr Elizabeth ??

QUOTE(MrPRINCE MsPRINCESS @ Oct 26 2012, 09:13 PM)
Dr Tee & Dr Elizabeth from Metro Maternity.
sbux
post Oct 27 2012, 02:11 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

few weeks more? hmm.. is there a special concern on why the gynae advice your wife to go for csec?

U can try Dr Choong in Pantai Bangsar. Very highly recommended from mummies in facebook group.

Syd G
post Oct 27 2012, 12:35 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

C-sec is easier for doc cause they dont have to rush to hospital in the wee morning, they can plan their holidays and they dont have to deal with screaming mamas rolleyes.gif
KohSin
post Oct 27 2012, 04:50 PM

Enthusiast
721 posts

Actually on wat circumstances doc will recommend c sect? On my 7th month ultrasound, the operator said baby hvnt turn, next mon goin for my appointment n ultrasound again, if baby still hvnt turn does it mean c sect for me oso?
seyuripa
post Oct 27 2012, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(KohSin @ Oct 27 2012, 04:50 PM)
Actually on wat circumstances doc will recommend c sect? On my 7th month ultrasound, the operator said baby hvnt turn,  next mon goin for my appointment n ultrasound again, if baby still hvnt turn does it mean c sect for me oso?
Malpresentation as in the baby is not in the "correct" position during term and etc... more indications ,the doc might recommend caesarean section. It depends on the doc, some hospital policies do not perform breech normal delivery.

28th weeks/7th months is still very early to judge for the method of delivery. Early routine ultrasound was done on you for just assessing on the fetal condition to evaluate the fetus size and the amount of your amniotic fluid.

This post has been edited by seyuripa: Oct 27 2012, 05:03 PM
TSCliff_Tan73
post Oct 27 2012, 06:17 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Baby position is fine, head down already, the reason is low amniotic fluid level (7 cm). This is the reason he recommend for c-sec.

QUOTE(sbux @ Oct 27 2012, 02:11 AM)
few weeks more? hmm.. is there a special concern on why the gynae advice your wife to go for csec?

U can try Dr Choong in Pantai Bangsar. Very highly recommended from mummies in facebook group.
MaGGiE87
post Oct 27 2012, 07:39 PM

5 posts

i had my c sec at Columbia Asia Balakong, Cheras with Dr. Haw.

My baby size is small and I too have low amniotic fluid level (during week 34) and he suggested me to have c sec instead of normal delivery. I drank lots of water (dun really know will this help or not) but I manage to wait till week38.

I really wanted normal delivery as well, but it is highly not suitable so i agree with c sec.

This doc is good. Fast and accurate plus very detail concern explaining all my quiestion =)

This post has been edited by MaGGiE87: Oct 27 2012, 07:40 PM
seyuripa
post Oct 27 2012, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(Cliff_Tan73 @ Oct 27 2012, 06:17 PM)
Baby position is fine, head down already, the reason is low amniotic fluid level (7 cm). This is the reason he recommend for c-sec.
Any liquor leakage before this? How about the fetal weight and size? Unless there's a sign of fetal distress, normal delivery is still possible for normal fetal "head facing down" position.
sbux
post Oct 28 2012, 01:49 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

search for 'gentle birthing group' in fb. they have their methods on how to increase amniotic fluids and i believe they can advice u more..

good luck!
lovelybb
post Oct 28 2012, 09:58 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

I delivered under edmund lai via c- sec too coz he mentioned my cerviks open too slow. 7 hrs 5cm for first baby. He broke my waterbag n said cant wait. Bb safety is first priority. But his skill for c sec is good.
TSCliff_Tan73
post Oct 28 2012, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Maggie, your amniotic level how many cm during week 34-38 week? And what size when your baby delivery ? my wife did drink a lot of water too, and hope this will help.................

QUOTE(MaGGiE87 @ Oct 27 2012, 07:39 PM)

My baby size is small and I too have low amniotic fluid level (during week 34) and he suggested me to have c sec instead of normal delivery. I drank lots of water (dun really know will this help or not) but I manage to wait till week38.

I really wanted normal delivery as well, but it is highly not suitable so i agree with c sec.

This doc is good. Fast and accurate plus very detail concern explaining all my quiestion =)
how many

Added on October 28, 2012, 3:44 pmLovelybb, 7 hours ?? I heard in Australia some even wait more than 24 hours ?? Perhaps any body can explain more on the waiting period ?? Thanks

QUOTE(lovelybb @ Oct 28 2012, 09:58 AM)
I delivered under edmund lai via c- sec too coz he mentioned my cerviks open too slow. 7 hrs 5cm for first baby. He broke my waterbag n said cant wait. Bb safety is first priority. But his skill for c sec is good.
body

Added on October 28, 2012, 3:46 pmSbux: Thanks for your infor and blessing. Will try to post in their group too...........

QUOTE(sbux @ Oct 28 2012, 01:49 AM)
search for 'gentle birthing group' in fb. they have their methods on how to increase amniotic fluids and i believe they can advice u more..

good luck!

Added on October 28, 2012, 3:50 pmSeyuripa: Dr never inform us have liquor leaking before or not, the baby size is 1 week behind the actual week ( 34 weeks now),but from what Dr said: Most
probably need to C Sec..........that's why need to listen to more opinion here and other doctor.

QUOTE(seyuripa @ Oct 27 2012, 08:15 PM)
probably
Any liquor leakage before this? How about the fetal weight and size? Unless there's a sign of fetal distress, normal delivery is still possible for normal fetal "head facing down" position.
This post has been edited by Cliff_Tan73: Oct 28 2012, 03:50 PM
princessmei
post Oct 28 2012, 09:13 PM

29 posts

that's strange... i was with Dr Edmund Lai too but he didn't suggest me to go for c-section.
sozai26
post Nov 1 2012, 09:38 AM

9 posts

Try princess Court Doctor paul tay

Divas
post Nov 1 2012, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

One of the most important things if you want a natural delivery is to stay active... keep doing light exercise throughout your pregnancy so you maintain a healthy appetite, but don't gain too much excess weight and most importantly so your muscles stay strong enough and your stamina high enough to deliver your baby. A lot of people end up having a c-section after a long labor (or after becoming completely exhausted) because they have been sitting around doing nothing for 6 months. Remember pregnancy is not a disease, you are not ill or disabled. We still went for long walks around the hills of cameron highlands when i was 8months pregnant on our babymoon. Of course don't sudenly start running marathons when you are pregnant if you haven't been doing so before, but maintaining your regular level of exercise throughout most of your pregnancy is very very healthy (unless you are a competetive weightlifter lol, then better stop).

Setting up a birth preferences list (Birth plan) is a good way of making sure your wishes are met by the doctor nursing staff on call. In your birth preferences you can list under exactly what circumstances you would be willing to have a c-section as well as anything else you prefer. By discussing your birth preferences with your gyne early on, you get a good idea of whether he/she is suitable for you. Also make sure to tell the nurse on call that you have a birth preference list and give her a copy when you check in, during my deliverly the nurse tried to keep me strapped to a monitor making it impossible for me to move around as she was unaware that i ha a birth prefereces list in my file until i told her.

Also remember to include your husband in your birth preferences list, make sure he agrees with your choices and can help stay on 'your side' if the doctor or nurses are trying to push you to do something you don't want to do. At the end of the day it is your birth and only you can know how your body is feeling.

When my son was a week away from his due date my doctor (despite signing my birth preferences stating i would only have a c-section in the case of fetal distress) wanted to book me in for a c-section on my due date which i refused. He tried to pressure me into it a little but there was no medical reason for c-sec so he had to respect my wishes. You can safely wait up to 2 weeks after your due date as long as your baby isn't huge or any complications arise.
My son was born naturally just over a week after he was due. He was out so quickly the doctor almost missed it and i had to wait for him as he came running down the corridor lol.

As long as you have a good doctor that you trust and like, and insist on c-sec as a last resort both in your birth preferences and when the conversation happens you should be able to deliver naturally with most doctors (assuming there are no complications, make sure to do your own research on what can go wrong and what options you have well before your due date, discuss them with your husband and choose what procedures you are comfortable with and which are last resorts so you are well prepared to make any necessary decisions on the day).

billie bonka
post Nov 1 2012, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

Go gov lar, they anti surgery one... die die want u natural if possible. 2 experience from my friends:

1. Over due date, induce in gov hosp for natural birth. Pain till the mother tak tahan still do not allow operate until pain for 2 days. Third day operate (can see how much they want us to go natural)

2. pregnant with heart prob. Go for gov and smooth natural birth with no complication. Very good job (if at private, they might ask u to operate even before due date lo)

Me also delivery at government, natural birth. Save $$$ somemore...
popo_wee
post Nov 6 2012, 08:42 PM

20 posts

Agreed too...govt will not encourage operation...wonder whether u had open file in govt before? If yes, u may consider to deliver in sungai buloh hospital...

QUOTE(billie bonka @ Nov 1 2012, 05:56 PM)
Go gov lar, they anti surgery one... die die want u natural if possible. 2 experience from my friends:

1. Over due date, induce in gov hosp for natural birth. Pain till the mother tak tahan still do not allow operate until pain for 2 days. Third day operate (can see how much they want us to go natural)

2. pregnant with heart prob. Go for gov and smooth natural birth with no complication. Very good job (if at private, they might ask u to operate even before due date lo)

Me also delivery at government, natural birth. Save $$$ somemore...
Purplebug
post Nov 10 2012, 12:43 AM

15 posts

Highly recommend Dr Chuah Bee Poh in Tung Shin Hospital. thumbup.gif
Not only pro normal delivery, he also do not do episiotomy!
Charges are reasonable as well. He is the best in town! notworthy.gif
TSCliff_Tan73
post Dec 1 2012, 04:15 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Agree with Purplebug that Dr Chuah Bee Poh from Tung Shin hospital is the best Dr I have ever met.

My wife already gv birth last 3 weeks with Dr Chuah in Tung Shin. We finally changed to Dr Chuah as recommended by my friend. Dr Chuah is very pro normal delivery & he's very patient. He helped my wife to deliver normally eventhough my wife chances for c-sect is bigger.

He even gave us his HP no, we can contact him anytime included midnite.

He always explain in detail for all your questions. He's not money minded Dr. He even want his patients to save money. Next day after my wife gv birth, we can discharge already. When my wife was in pain and asked for epidural, he said not necessary. How good he is. I will recommend him to all my friends.
rose6580
post Jan 10 2013, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

how old is this dr chuah? is he the old school kind or maybe 40s?
oonpl
post Jan 23 2013, 04:45 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(MaGGiE87 @ Oct 27 2012, 07:39 PM)

Hi Maggie,

Do u mind to share with me how much does it cost you for the caesarian and your stay at Columbia Asia at Cheras Selatan?
How many nights you are staying in the hospital after u give birth?

Thanks!

PL
almeizer
post Aug 19 2013, 09:35 PM

Enthusiast
940 posts

Can share what is the price?

QUOTE(Purplebug @ Nov 10 2012, 12:43 AM)
Highly recommend Dr Chuah Bee Poh in Tung Shin Hospital. thumbup.gif
Not only pro normal delivery, he also do not do episiotomy!
Charges are reasonable as well.  He is the best in town! notworthy.gif
QUOTE(Cliff_Tan73 @ Dec 1 2012, 04:15 PM)
Agree with Purplebug that Dr Chuah Bee Poh from Tung Shin hospital is the best Dr I have ever met.

My wife already gv birth last 3 weeks with Dr Chuah in Tung Shin. We finally changed to Dr Chuah as recommended by my friend. Dr Chuah is very pro normal delivery & he's very patient. He helped my wife to deliver normally eventhough my wife chances for c-sect is bigger.

He even gave us his HP no, we can contact him anytime included midnite.

He always explain in detail for all your questions. He's not money minded Dr. He even want his patients to save money. Next day after my wife gv birth, we can discharge already. When my wife was in pain and asked for epidural, he said not necessary. How good he is. I will recommend him to all my friends.
Newgen
post Aug 20 2013, 03:29 PM

Casual
354 posts

QUOTE(rose6580 @ Jan 10 2013, 02:19 PM)
how old is this dr chuah? is he the old school kind or maybe 40s?
He's the modern kind, which is not old school at all.
I have to agree with the previous posters that he is indeed very good.
He is a very experienced and PRO-virginal (Normal) delivery Gynae. notworthy.gif
dp82
post Aug 20 2013, 07:50 PM

Enthusiast
855 posts

Anyone has any experience with Tropicana Medical Centre @ Kota Damansara? My wife is very keen with natural birth.
cmhome
post Aug 21 2013, 10:12 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2930311

phooifun
post Dec 21 2014, 09:02 AM

25 posts

I am now visiting dr haw at columbia asia cheras. Yesterday I went for a antenatal talk at tung shin given by dr chuah... We are so amazed by his experience and his opinion towards natural delivery.

We are thinking if I should change doc to dr chuah. Of course columbia asia cheras is nearer to my house and waiting time is short...May I know roughly how long is the waiting time? Can I only start to visit him maybe when I enter the 3rd trimester?
lovelybb
post Dec 21 2014, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(phooifun @ Dec 21 2014, 09:02 AM)
I am now visiting dr haw at columbia asia cheras. Yesterday I went for a antenatal talk at tung shin given by dr chuah... We are so amazed by his experience and his opinion towards natural delivery.

We are thinking if I should change doc to dr chuah.  Of course columbia asia cheras is nearer to my house and waiting time is short...May I know roughly how long is the waiting time? Can I only start to visit him maybe when I enter the 3rd trimester?
My delivery handle by dr chuah..he is so good..professionảl and no pain..haha..just waiting time
VERY long. I normally waited few hours easily. But worth it. Coz he will not simply push for operation.
BlackStone
post Dec 22 2014, 01:01 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(phooifun @ Dec 21 2014, 09:02 AM)

We are thinking if I should change doc to dr chuah.  Of course columbia asia cheras is nearer to my house and waiting time is short...May I know roughly how long is the waiting time? Can I only start to visit him maybe when I enter the 3rd trimester?
Dr Chuah is awesome smile.gif my record for waiting him 10hours smile.gif (that day he got alot of patient deliver baby thats why take time)
Im going to deliver soon too smile.gif
my due date is 26/12/2014 . Hope everything go smooth icon_rolleyes.gif
lovelybb
post Dec 22 2014, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

[quote=BlackStone,Dec 22 2014, 01:01 PM]
Dr Chuah is awesome smile.gif my record for waiting him 10hours smile.gif (that day he got alot of patient deliver baby thats why take time)
Im going to deliver soon too smile.gif
my due date is 26/12/2014 . Hope everything go smooth icon_rolleyes.gif

[/quote

First bb?
klboy
post Dec 23 2014, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

Dr Chuah is pro natural delivery and is very patient. His waiting time is super long. My record for waiting him is 7 hours from 8am to 3pm. A lot ppls usually register early in the morning and go to shopping or watch movie and come back in the afternoon.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0244sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:04 PM