57 Pages « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Frauds/Scams/Incident Related to Jobs/Careers, Welcome to read and share

views

plplpl
post Aug 3 2008, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Brother Bear @ Jul 23 2008, 08:15 PM)
Curse all these fraud companies who advertise in Jobstreet. Thanks to them I also kena blacklisted in Jobstreet. vmad.gif
how did u get blacklisted?.....or how did u know?....cant u create a new account?
kakashi44
post Aug 17 2008, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

I wan to report another scam.
Company name: Visfinity advertising sdn. bhd.

Visfinity advertising is the sister company of rhino maxx. they advertise looking for advertising management trainee but the job is no different from a saleman job. same like rhino maxx curently now they are doing the donation of spatic children and PLS DO NOT DONATE TO THEM bcoz my friend work there told me that only 50% of the donation go to the centre and the 50% go to the company. my friend said after hearing that my friend wanted to resign oledi. my friend oso said someone called the centre before and the centre helped tis company by claiming that tis company worker are sukarelawan from the centre. so i think the centre also cheating public money

This post has been edited by kakashi44: Aug 17 2008, 05:56 PM
cutejams2004
post Aug 21 2008, 04:36 PM

~Not Who U Think I Am~
941 posts

QUOTE(nursarahlam @ May 30 2008, 08:44 PM)
I just want to add another scam company name : SOLAR VISION NETWORK

Scam using the same tactics as GMM..I guess they just go by many different names but they are all under the same "payung".

sad.gif
OMG the same bloody f***ing company near klcc..damn they cheated my mom too..but at tht time i was just 16, n evn then i was sceptical..but my mom really needed a job, so she paid rm150 n thts about it..she nvr got bk the money..i wish the workers there will kena accident n d** in a tragic manner..ok i know im sounding too cruel, but they deserve it 4 cheating ppl..
ExCrIpT
post Sep 3 2008, 01:00 AM

Regular
1,663 posts

Please be aware that the cobra group is using a different position title. It seems that they have changed to lure others into it.

Position: Management Development Program Trainee

SUSRaikkonen
post Sep 3 2008, 06:11 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,635 posts

To be safe.
Google the phone number of the job advertisement.

Sometimes we're lucky to know the name of the company.
elsea
post Sep 9 2008, 06:35 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(kakashi44 @ Aug 17 2008, 05:53 PM)

Visfinity advertising is the sister company of rhino maxx. they advertise looking for advertising management trainee but the job is no different from a saleman job. same like rhino maxx curently now they are doing the donation of spatic children and PLS DO NOT DONATE TO THEM bcoz my friend work there told me that only 50% of the donation go to the centre and the 50% go to the company. my friend said after hearing that my friend wanted to resign oledi. my friend oso said someone called the centre before and the centre helped tis company by claiming that tis company worker are sukarelawan from the centre. so i think the centre also cheating public money
luckily i search through google and found this site,
i almost go for the interview at this company. my interviw appointemnt at this coming thursday. sweat.gif

thanks for sharing!!!! notworthy.gif
jycolar
post Sep 11 2008, 04:10 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(elsea @ Sep 9 2008, 06:35 PM)
luckily i search through google and found this site,
i almost go for the interview at this company. my interviw appointemnt at this coming thursday. sweat.gif

thanks for sharing!!!! notworthy.gif
i'm nt that lucky.....cs i hv go for the interview this morning, wasted my time....
I told U, the interviewer is "fantastic" in introducing what are the company is doing and hw thy do it, and summore who are the clients thy handle before.....Crazzyyy i told u....HE say thy hv done advertising and publicity for TGV, and launching porduct for Adidas L'oreal, Ralph lauren, Louis vuitton and whole lots more branded product.....almost kena by him, hw come such large company will find a small co. lik tt in klang to do publicity for thm !!! futhermore, i ask him about the company website, cs i cant really find info. for the co., he really come up 1 X website for me, and i come home to check online, guess what....nthg to be found !! and also no name card no nthg in the company !!

damn i found tt its a scam !!!! no doubt this is a scam bcs he told me the same thing that thy are handling for new project rite nw, and its something related to donation of spatic children.....and tt interviewer also told me tt the charity belong to DR.Mahathir's daugther !! wtf @!

and somemore he ask me to go for something lik an orientation, from 9am til 6pm tmr, to go and look around the work they are doing and also hw they promote the "brand" !!! damn, luckily i saw this right now !! if nt i'm going to be wasting my time for tis foolish scam !!
and i'm worry for those that are going for the interview this morning.........GOD BLESS You all and hope that thy can found out early !!

ppl pls do be aware for the company: VISIFINITY ADVERTISING SND. BHD.
conventgal85
post Sep 20 2008, 11:21 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(Brother Bear @ Jul 23 2008, 08:15 PM)
Curse all these fraud companies who advertise in Jobstreet. Thanks to them I also kena blacklisted in Jobstreet. vmad.gif
Huh? how you get blacklisted? Did you do something wrong during the interview or you totally not show up. Can explain to Jobstreet's customer service? Pitty you....
nocturn3
post Sep 25 2008, 04:01 PM

Getting Started
243 posts

Oh ya how bout those companies categorize as "classified" ?? We cant view their company profile..
St0rmFury
post Oct 2 2008, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
211 posts

-Wrong thread

This post has been edited by St0rmFury: Oct 2 2008, 11:49 AM
Erastus
post Oct 4 2008, 07:33 PM

1 posts

Wow.. thank you guys alot...

i was just looking through jobstreet looking for a part time/temp job and i came across Visfinity.

and i have this really bad habit of googling up companies before applying..

and this thread really saved me!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ilyas_jamal
post Oct 6 2008, 07:44 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

it happen to me once..right after i grad frm uni...applied for a post named by IT Trainee forgot the company name, office based in 14 PJ,

then interview was a success, can start in next to days, then went to report for duty, then was asked to go out meet clients...

end the end...selling biscuits tepi jalan....

IT Trainee My A$$.....

the advertise the post for IT Trainee, Account Trainee, and Civil Engineering Trainee...

so sesiapa yg rasa2 apply around that area...study the company 1st....

This post has been edited by ilyas_jamal: Oct 6 2008, 07:45 PM
kelyee
post Oct 7 2008, 02:51 PM

-[inc]-XtMHz
1,296 posts

i have worked in this companies before.. dun see anythin wrong wit it. learn a lot from it. after a 3months stint got a vast improvement in my communications skill. and they are really professional in handling problems too. they dun have any sales target or quotas to achieve. but i was allowed to improve based on my ability.

pretty nice chap i might say. we cant diff wats bad or good. but we can definittely diff wats right and wrong.
and i dun see anything wrong wit it. nothing too lose anyway. i and made not a bad income too for the 3 months.

just my 5cents.
kakashi44
post Oct 26 2008, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(kelyee @ Oct 7 2008, 02:51 PM)
i have worked in this companies before.. dun see anythin wrong wit it. learn a lot from it. after a 3months stint got a vast improvement in my communications skill. and they are really professional in handling problems too. they dun have any sales target or quotas to achieve. but i was allowed to improve based on my ability.

pretty nice chap i might say. we cant diff wats bad or good. but we can definittely diff wats right and wrong.
and i dun see anything wrong wit it. nothing too lose anyway. i and made not a bad income too for the 3 months.

just my 5cents.
so r u saying it is nothing wrong to tell the public that all the money that they donate will go to the center but the truth is only 50% of the money that the public donate when to the center and the other when to their only pocket? and u saying that it it nothing wrong in telling the public that "WE R VOLUNTEER FROM THE CENTER" but the truth is that they r hire by this company to help the center to do the fund raising? and r u saying it is rite to tell the public that they get only 15-20 ringgit a day but the truth is they get 50% (bout rm80 or even more) of the money of public donated when they are asked how much they get for helping the center?

this is consider cheating public money and are not telling the truth to the people who donated the money. people who donated the money wanted to help those children not the people who volunteer but half of the money goes to those volunteer pocket. if they noe bout this do u think they still wanted to donated to them? they would rather went to the center and donated directly to the center than donated it to the so called "volunteer"

some of the so called "volunteer" earn more than 2k a month some even 3k a month and the manager of the so called "volunteer" earn 10k++ a month. can u tell have u ever heard any other volunteer that can earn that much of money? they earn the money by telling lies to the public which is no different from coning people.

This post has been edited by kakashi44: Oct 26 2008, 11:46 AM
mcsbjustice
post Oct 27 2008, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

QUOTE(kelyee @ Oct 7 2008, 02:51 PM)

just my 5cents.
my...either u're desperate for a job.....
dun see anythin wrong wit it. learn a lot from it. after a 3months stint got a vast improvement in my communications skill
, if u're happy with this job, then y resign after 3 month? if u're so happy n learn a lot, u should stay longer.....the right is they provide job, the wrong is they lied about the job scope......tat is wrong.....

Added on October 27, 2008, 8:00 pm
QUOTE(azuan_az @ Jul 20 2008, 08:04 AM)
JobStreet and other job sites have their own "Anti-Fraud" measures. However it's not easy to have 100% fraud-free website as some of these bad guys are very smart and smooth.

Anyway the rule of thumb is always to "Google" about a company if it is not well known. The rule of thumb is  "if the offer is too good to be true, then it might not be true" and never pay some processing fees to get a job.
jobstreet cant do much on this....i had reported once n even submit the evidence to them, the only thing they could do is... 'please report to relevant authority'. still the company still able to adverstise there.......

This post has been edited by mcsbjustice: Oct 27 2008, 08:00 PM
PootieTang_85
post Oct 28 2008, 02:01 PM

LOL
767 posts

helo guys,
i've been notified to attend an interview(data entry) with recruit express at jln sultan ismail(standard chartered building).what do you think about this recruit agency, recruit express sdn bhd? is it a fraud?

This post has been edited by PootieTang_85: Oct 28 2008, 02:04 PM
tun
post Oct 30 2008, 01:17 AM

Casual
441 posts

i am looking for a part tm job .
monday to wednesday

working exp:
levis promoter
nemphatic digital camera promoter
tao cuisin waitter
compusonic pc prmotter
Digi promotter

i cn start work around mid of december
SUSb3rnard7
post Nov 4 2008, 10:31 AM

kanpeki na CHEONGSTER yo!
1,023 posts

[COLOR=blue]
QUOTE(ilyas_jamal @ Oct 6 2008, 07:44 PM)
it happen to me once..right after i grad frm uni...applied for a post named by IT Trainee forgot the company name, office based in 14 PJ,

then interview was a success, can start in next to days, then went to report for duty, then was asked to go out meet clients...

end the end...selling biscuits tepi jalan....

IT Trainee My A$$.....

the advertise the post for IT Trainee, Account Trainee, and Civil Engineering Trainee...

so sesiapa yg rasa2 apply around that area...study the company 1st....
hey! i know tat company...I used to work there for 1 week then I cabut.

Is called ELEGANT PROMENADE....is one of DS-MAX company.
Ichigobinbin
post Nov 8 2008, 03:11 PM

2 posts

Haiz...I just kena from it on september...
Those company should be blacklisted by the gov....
Me and my several friend oso kena b4, but i think is rhinomaxx....
curse for it if they really do such things.....
cheating ppl.......
sweet_pez
post Nov 18 2008, 10:08 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,239 posts

QUOTE(ExCrIpT @ Sep 3 2008, 01:00 AM)
Please be aware that the cobra group is using a different position title. It seems that they have changed to lure others into it.

Position: Management Development Program Trainee
Yah, sometimes they use another name: APP Pacific (or something like that)... it's always on JobStreet.

And another one... I'm not sure if this had been a topic before (didn't have d time to flip bac to all d front pages)... anyone here from Lampe Berger? Sorry but I don't fancy their MLM tactic sad.gif

57 Pages « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:41 PM