Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to start my Own Online Boutique?, I aspired to start up my own E-Boutique

WyattT
post Apr 18 2009, 10:44 AM, updated 15y ago

1 posts

Hi Everyone! smile.gif

I'm Wyatt.. I always had a dream of starting my own business as I like the idea of being my own boss. Therefore i dream of setting up my own Online boutique to sell Men's Apparel and accessories because i realized that there is not many online store that caters to men. Besides that, I also want to set up a portal where budding Fashion Designer or Fashion Design Students can display their creation and sell them as well.

However, I'm lacking the experience and knowledge required to make my dream a reality. For example,
>where can I get clothes from suppliers?
>How much do i need to start up my own business?
>How do i create a network with the suppliers and fashion designer?
>Do i need to register to start an online business?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. PLEASE HELP!

Pleas of a aspiring Entrepreneur...
bigsale
post Apr 23 2009, 12:23 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(WyattT @ Apr 18 2009, 10:44 AM)
Hi Everyone! smile.gif

I'm Wyatt.. I always had a dream of starting my own business as I like the idea of being my own boss. Therefore i dream of setting up my own Online boutique to sell Men's Apparel and accessories because i realized that there is not many online store that caters to men. Besides that, I also want to set up a portal where budding Fashion Designer or Fashion Design Students can display their creation and sell them as well.

However, I'm lacking the experience and knowledge required to make my dream a reality. For example,

Hi, you can always start to sell using blog. After gained enough experiences, only move to e-commerce web site.
corallinkz
post Apr 26 2010, 04:36 PM

Regular
1,369 posts

^^ lol, he was asking for help. not for you to promote your boutique.

btw, yes better start up is by using blog. skills in gfx will be a great advantages
ygsfashion
post Apr 26 2010, 04:41 PM

Validating
0 posts

Agree~ start using blog... easier to control... Just need some effort on blog design... happy.gif
poppygarden
post Apr 27 2010, 05:04 PM

23 posts

If you're willing to invest some money, get your website properly professionally designed is not a bad idea either. smile.gif
sylista
post Apr 29 2010, 01:26 AM

10 posts

Hi Wyatt,

Followings are my replies:

#People will not reveal their sources as you will their become direct competition. This one you gotta source from websites like Alibaba.com and there's another one which I couldnt remember (it starts with G....). Getting wholesale price from people who are already doing it translates to slim profit margin. I suggest doing alot of research through forums. There are so many blogshops and shops around that you gotta find your niche market instead of selling just because everyone else does so.

#You will need alot of TIME when it comes to online business.
Stage 1: You need to setup your blog - it is free but again you will need to invest time on the layout and UI.
Stage 2: Product photography + photo editing (using graphic software like Adobe Photoshop) + uploading them to your site + writing description for the product.

It's pointless having a shop no one go into.
So Stage 3 is online marketing campaigns.

Stage 4 is Analytics - so you can know whether your marketing campaigns are working, if not fix it, change it, do something.

That's why you will need to invest alot of TIME instead of $$$ to make your online shop 'maju jaya'.

#If you're serious and passionate about fashion, the best approach is to travel far and wide before you buy your merchandise so you can see for yourself the quality of the items. If you cannot travel, the alternative is to Google. I am pretty sure there's a forum for fashion designers. For suppliers, try Alibaba lorrr...

#Not really, you dont need to. Also, it's legally proper to do so. Especially if that's gonna be your source of income which you need to declare to LHDN the following year. Plus the good news is (if you register a business that is) you can push all your expenses to the company haha... If you do register, I suggest you hire a freelance accountant's service to advise/help you sort all the matter you need to know pertaining to business registration and eventually tax submission.

I've been in IT/web business for more than 10 years but I never bother setting up my own blogshop etc. It's too time consuming for me. Even my own personal space which I created just to post some personal items I wanna sell off (link below) took me weeks to finally make a few good posts because I procastinated.

This post has been edited by sylista: Apr 29 2010, 01:38 AM
azian9100
post May 12 2010, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
242 posts

Okey.. after all the reply here... like I'm opening my Blog-shop already.. tried my luck selling Babies Clothing... ad you can see below..
But now come the another question ..
1. How do i promote my Blog
2. Where can i find traffic to my blog and oso buyer for sure..

I just open my blog for about 2-3 days... no selling yet.. sad.gif
Maybe it's still early... aiyak.. but it's kind SEDIH still cant even selling anything yet..hehehe.. maybe passion is the thing i need now..hehehehe
sylista
post May 12 2010, 12:39 AM

10 posts

Congrats and good luck with that :-)
supersheal
post May 17 2010, 07:21 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

u must study on how to promote ur blog and website 1st before starting the online business.
it for narrowing the risk of over stock or unsold stock.
it can give u money strain and difficulty in rotating your capital.

for me, i just buy stock at Malaysia supplier for beginner, then i buy directly from China.

selling clothes really need a big capital and good money management too. smile.gif
darusishak
post Aug 13 2010, 10:41 AM

17 posts

Hi Everyone! smile.gif

Hi WyattT.

we're on the same boat. hehe
i've just started my own bussiness. LYN & Facebook

supplier thingy.
well i'll not reveal where did i found my supplier. just find time to google, or go through forum. form lyn itself you can find the hints. biggrin.gif and beware with being scam by supplier.

how u need? depends. in order to find the real supplier (REAL not SCAMMER), u have to try buy from them to see how good their services and quality they have. and to get cheaper, u need to have good relationship with ur supplier. no duit kopi la. haha

networking. for suppliers and fashion designer, find them on google. tongue.gif
for customers, im using facebook right now. my blog is under maintenance. using facebook is easier to find them.
ewan2004
post Aug 23 2010, 11:51 AM

11 posts

after read all these threads, I really appreciated for what you guys shared & advised. because I also intend to commence my own clothes online business
littleangelbb
post Aug 24 2010, 09:18 AM

2 posts

hi there...i also selling baby/children clothes at blog...selling online really need patience n time...at the beginning...i even hardly sell 1-2 clothes in a month...but after 2 month then my sale getting better cos i get my 1st customer...now i'm selling near 1 year soon...oledi quite long at Facebook n now just start selling at Lyn's Ladies Stuff...hope u ols can support me too...thanks

This post has been edited by littleangelbb: Aug 24 2010, 09:23 AM
chubbydotcom
post Aug 24 2010, 11:07 AM

6 posts

haha, start your business with bloggy always a good idea!

I am doing too, we are in the same boat, but I am focus on XXL size Cloth.
You may go to some retail apparel shop ( located at some where near Bkt Bintang ) , This fashion street only welcome the retail nature customer , just get a walk and survey , it's help!
josiii
post Aug 25 2010, 11:02 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(sylista @ Apr 29 2010, 01:26 AM)
Hi Wyatt,

Followings are my replies:

#People will not reveal their sources as you will their become direct competition. This one you gotta source from websites like Alibaba.com and there's another one which I couldnt remember (it starts with G....). Getting wholesale price from people who are already doing it translates to slim profit margin. I suggest doing alot of research through forums. There are so many blogshops and shops around that you gotta find your niche market instead of selling just because everyone else does so.

#You will need alot of TIME when it comes to online business.
Stage 1: You need to setup your blog - it is free but again you will need to invest time on the layout and UI. 
Stage 2: Product photography + photo editing (using graphic software like Adobe Photoshop) + uploading them to your site + writing description for the product.

It's pointless having a shop no one go into.
So Stage 3 is online marketing campaigns.

Stage 4 is Analytics - so you can know whether your marketing campaigns are working, if not fix it, change it, do something.

That's why you will need to invest alot of TIME instead of $$$ to make your online shop 'maju jaya'.

#If you're serious and passionate about fashion, the best approach is to travel far and wide before you buy your merchandise  so you can see for yourself the quality of the items. If you cannot travel, the alternative is to Google. I am pretty sure there's a forum for fashion designers. For lingerie online suppliers, try Alibaba lorrr...

#Not really, you dont need to. Also, it's legally proper to do so. Especially if that's gonna be your source of income which you need to declare to LHDN the following year. Plus the good news is (if you register a business that is) you can push all your expenses to the company haha... If you do lingerie online register, I suggest you hire a freelance accountant's service to advise/help you sort all the matter you need to know lingerie online pertaining to business registration and eventually tax submission.

I've been in IT/web business for more than 10 years but I never bother setting up my own blogshop etc. It's too time consuming for me. Even my own personal space which I created just to post some personal items I wanna sell off (link below) took me weeks to finally make a few good posts because I procastinated.

Here is your blue print above! I run a online lingerie store and trust me
its a lot of hard work and the main steps to start are mentioned above.

Theres 2 types of online stores you can

1. dropshipping where you make sales and then send the order list to the
supplier and they will ship to your customers ( a lot easier because you never have to deal
with inventory)

2. Wholesale where you import items in to your house or warehouse and u will have to ship it out
your self. Usually this is a better profit margin. You collect payments from paypal at first and then
get a merchant facility from your bank to accept cc etc.

Don't worry about fashion designers yet, get your foot in the door, theres many ways to promote online
Google adwords. Facebook is amazing too.

The most hardest thing for me was to get a design and a logo but once you have that set
your pretty much golden.

Keep persisting because once you make your first customer you will never want to give up, and if i can
do it so can you... im 21 btw and my site has been up for 2 months and i decided to do this 4 months ago....soooo THERE YOU GO!!
Just need to be determined I was in the same position!

thats my 2 cents

This post has been edited by josiii: Aug 25 2010, 11:05 PM
nicole_4ever
post Mar 22 2011, 09:50 PM

On my way
567 posts

Hi, i have a thought to starts to do online business (ladies cloth, accessories) like how others did but i am still confuse the proper process to do online selling. Any advices?

thanks. smile.gif
k3nji
post Mar 31 2011, 06:45 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

agreed with TS...sometimes,,i feel like why men's apparrel are hard to find especially those formal attire and a style attire that can be wear for an event (dinner)..

if anyone or TS have,,lemme know key?but,,for sure with a cheap price biggrin.gif
day2dayshopaholic
post Aug 19 2011, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

Hi Everyone! smile.gif

Hi, how's your dream? Already achieve? please share. Thanks for everyone share here. We are in the same boat. I Still thinking the way to promote through facebook and other method. This need patient and your joy in this industry.

Any advice how to promote through fb?

Thanks
skylinelover
post Aug 21 2011, 05:08 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

i have this dream of selling SATIN clothes only both 4 men n 4 lady...i set this ambition due 2 the fact there is no shop at all selling SATIN clothes only in malaysia...i have developed this big love on satin since i was a little boy due 2 its glossy shining material...if i c one flash of super shining satin on pretty lady,,,i admit i will surely wobble down 2 my knees n get turned on at the same time with dirty thoughts laugh.gif doh.gif so i m planning 2 start up in 5 years time hopefully got enough modal 2 start both physical shop n online at the same time...i want 2 set up shop so that i get 2 give customers the chance 2 physically touched this exotic material n try it b4 buying it...so i m crossing my fingers now hoping it will boom n grow s the driving force 4 my continuous growth in income laugh.gif rclxms.gif

my advice 2 TS n all potential starters is dare taking risk n dare accepting failure...just these 2 only...simple s ABC...if u cant overcome this 2,,,then quit n go back 2 your regular "work 4 boss" life then...good luck cool.gif cool2.gif

QUOTE(k3nji @ Mar 31 2011, 06:45 PM)
agreed with TS...sometimes,,i feel like why men's apparrel are hard to find especially those formal attire and a style attire that can be wear for an event (dinner)..
4 me is worst that i cant find at all satin clothes here both men n ladies laugh.gif doh.gif that is the reason y i seldom buy clothes anymore haha

QUOTE(day2dayshopaholic @ Aug 19 2011, 10:19 PM)
Hi, how's your dream? Already achieve? please share. Thanks for everyone share here. We are in the same boat. I Still thinking the way to promote through facebook and other method. This need patient and your joy in this industry.
have u tried blogspot brows.gif icon_idea.gif also nice platform 2 sell even though BS long time outdated dy haha
seasontrend
post Aug 25 2011, 01:18 AM

3 posts

Be your own boss easier than ever !

One of the best online business startup
We will assist you to build a large online shopping mall mainly selling fashion garments and internet hot selling items. Build your team and create the largest network.

Be part of our team..why?
1. No more wasting time to upload products and maintain website!!!!
2. Provide services include website maintenance, packaging and drop shipping!!!!
3. More than 30k products available!!!!
4. Once you have become part of our team, we will provide you a website with your own domain, and we will not charge you on web hosting!!! ( fees will be applied on renewing of the domain yearly)
5. Products updated weekly!!!
6. You can recruit your own agent and develop your own teams!!!

You do not need to worry on sales target set
No inventory cost involved
No risk occured
Freedom of time
You are the boss!!!

You are in charge of your income, more efforts more incomes!!

Just "throw" your website to your friends and customers, you can make money easily!!!

Sound too good to be true?
It is real and serious business..you can make money if you are serious in achieving your goal

Wanna know how is the business plan work?
Email me or msn me via seasontrend@live.com

irmond
post Aug 25 2011, 11:33 PM

On my way
629 posts

if use webpage go for zen cart. most friendly user app for e-commerce.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:14 PM