Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Who should pay Puspakom and Car ownership transfer

views

Argiope
post Mar 7 2011, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

I'm about to sell my car but still unsure of the procedure. My buyer in KL plans to buy my car in cash. Is it possible for me to not having to go to KL and settle everything via post?

If there is no Runner involved and the buyer plans to settle everything on her own, what docs do i need to provide in a before/after payment received scenario?

Before: Photocopies of IC, Vehicle Registration Card, Bank Release Letter and a signed copy of JPJ Transfer Form?

After: Photocopy of IC, original copies of Vehicle Registration Card, Bank Release Letter and a signed copy of JPJ Transfer Form?

1. All fees (JPJ, Puspakom, Runner - if there is any) will be borne by the buyer, correct?
2. How do i verify that the car has been transferred to her name?
3. I'll cancel my insurance upon confirmation. After my policy cancellation, only the buyer will proceed to purchase her own insurance or she can buy 1 even before i cancel? Will there be any refund made to me since my policy is cancelled before the due date?
4. Understand that seller does not need to be present at JPJ for ownership transfer. But how about Puspakom? Any letter needed?

Sorry all, too many noob questions but this is my 1st time selling a car, hope you will understand. smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:22 PM