Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

UBS Software dongle not detected, those parallel dongle

views

jollycat
post Jun 23 2010, 12:58 PM

2 posts

Hi,

I facing this problem too, when I reformated my pc everytime, I need to facing this problem again. This time, I did tried all method you guys mentioned above, it still not work. My version is 9.1 too.

May I ask, if I brought the UBS installer CD from different distributor but same version, is the dongle work? I have 2 CD from 2 different distributors, and 1 license, if it can use, I may try other CD as well.

Thanks.
is_you
post Jul 12 2010, 09:58 AM

1 posts

currently, i also meet this kind of problem, not matter how i try to do, reformat pc, keep plug and unplug the smartlock 9.0, keep uninstall and install the software, register key, driver and etc....but i place the smartlock into another pc, it's work. i am highly suspenses that is my parallel port problem, should be breakdown, anyone can teach me if the parallel port doesn't work with smartlock, what can i do it? and the parallel is onboard Asus M2N motherboard, and the parallel port can not be unplug one...please teach me...thank you very much.
platiniumlover
post Sep 9 2010, 04:06 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(is_you @ Jul 12 2010, 09:58 AM)
currently, i also meet this kind of problem, not matter how i try to do, reformat pc, keep plug and unplug the smartlock 9.0, keep uninstall and install the software, register key, driver and etc....but i place the smartlock into another pc, it's work. i am highly suspenses that is my parallel port problem, should be breakdown, anyone can teach me if the parallel port doesn't work with smartlock, what can i do it? and the parallel is onboard Asus M2N motherboard, and the parallel port can not be unplug one...please teach me...thank you very much.
perhaps is your dongle is spoiled.....
did u try it on other computer? if it works than that will be setting issue, else very high % is the dongle spoiled......
G K Lai
post Jan 5 2011, 09:31 PM

Enthusiast
839 posts

Hi all,

Our office also face this problem, was using UBS v9.0...
Old computer acted strange, so quickly buy a new computer just in case data lost at anytime...
Not so easy to find a motherboard with parallel port, so we bought a parallel port PCI card instead...
No luck no matter how I try to make it work, and at the end I called UBS distributor here and was told the "SmartLock" will not work with add-on parallel port...
The SmartLock only works on motherboard with parallel port built in... (not quite "Smart" in this case)
Then I ask if I could change or upgrade to USB dongle version and was told currently no more USB dongle edition...
The only solution is to upgrade to v9.5 which uses serial key (serial number) and the cost of the upgrade is RM859.00...
We also using UBS Stock (for Invoicing purpose) and this cost another RM859.00 for the upgrade...!
Total upgrade price of RM1,718.00 is higher than the new Acer computer that we bought...!
If you ask me (and my boss) if this worth the upgrade? We would say not worth at all since not much different between v9.0 and v9.5...
They just fix their software bugs and the user have to pay for their "hot fix"...? ohmy.gif
At the end, we called E.M.A.S. reseller for an appointment to demonstrate and will see how good it would be.

Can anyone recommend more types of accounting software that suitable for local trading business?
Last time I saw our supplier use TBS and I remember they were happy with it who was migrate from UBS to TBS, is TBS still any good nowadays or does it still available?

Thank you in advance... smile.gif
xiaohong
post Jan 6 2011, 11:25 PM

4 posts

OMG i wish i could know it earlier...i just bought a motherboard without parallel port....damn i have to find another board again...zzzz
JazzyJeff
post Jan 8 2011, 12:32 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(G K Lai @ Jan 5 2011, 09:31 PM)
Then I ask if I could change or upgrade to USB dongle version and was told currently no more USB dongle edition...
For your info. The "new" version 9.5 detect hard disk, motherboard, CPU. So just because it doesn't use dongle, it doesn't mean you can install & use in any pc.

The only solution is to upgrade to v9.5 which uses serial key (serial number) and the cost of the upgrade is RM859.00...
We also using UBS Stock (for Invoicing purpose) and this cost another RM859.00 for the upgrade...!
Total upgrade price of RM1,718.00 is higher than the new Acer computer that we bought...!
If you ask me (and my boss) if this worth the upgrade? We would say not worth at all since not much different between v9.0 and v9.5...
They just fix their software bugs and the user have to pay for their "hot fix"...?  ohmy.gif
BTW, I personally wouldn't consider $1k+ upgrade as expensive, after all, a good accounting software that really helps organize the operation of business documents is worth a lot more than a pc. But for a software like UBS, which has not really change much since 10+ years (v8.3), yes I would agree is not worth it. It is still using batch posting, I mean seriously, doesn't that belong to the "old" technology.

Can anyone recommend more types of accounting software that suitable for local trading business?
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f=139&t=324311&st=0#entry8056163
My personal preference is towards SQL Account cause I am using it with so far decent results and a software with large user base. Previously we migrated from UBS the customer, supplier, stock list, opening balance & also item sales/ purchases price history. The migration was by far the most complete of the few software I compare back in 2009.

I suggest you compare the software yourself with your colleagues through a free in office demo. Read this post, it might helpful also http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1689599

Good luck on your search.
smzubair1984
post Jun 8 2013, 05:56 PM

4 posts

I got SLL smart lock for LAN.. IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE IT FOR STAND ALONE WITHOUT NETWORK.. BECAUSE WHEN I UNPLUG THE NETWORK THEN IT IS NOT WORKING AND BECOME EDUCATION PURPOSE... iF POSSIBLE TO USE THEN HOW ... PLZ SUGGEST... THANKS

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:57 PM