Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> UBS Software dongle not detected, those parallel dongle

kuman
post Apr 9 2009, 08:25 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

cry.gif

guys...

i have a problem on how to detect this UBS Accounting Software Parallel dongle key from this new notebook which dont come with a parallel printer port.

here is more information on the version etc

UBS Accounting ver 9.1
- When i start it shows for "educational purposes Only", meaning that the dongle is not detected..
- The dongle supplied is should be connected to the Printer port, but since this is a new laptop... so no Parallel port existed.. so i go and buy those USB->Parallel Port converted... connected the dongle..
- the laptop detect the converted as a USB Printing Port in the Device Manager...
- but still i got the same error when starting the UBS software...

so anyone every solve this issue before? or know anywhere i can get help on this?

thanks in advance

kuman
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Apr 9 2009, 08:30 AM

No life without MUsic

u shud go to your dealer nearby 1st. if they rili cant solve then you may contact UBS support team.HTH.
+Quote Post
onich4n
post Apr 9 2009, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

it's not detect because you not properly install the license
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Apr 9 2009, 09:07 AM

No life without MUsic

1) To detect the license, plug in the USB key or smartlock into the computer. Start UBS,
and at the Select Company menu, click Setting to enter Smartlock Setting menu.

2) 3) Select Smartlock or USB key, and select the computer’s operating system.
4) Select DLL file: - for smartlock select SLAC32B.DLL
- for USB key select UKEYACC.DLL (Accounting) or
UKEYSTK.DLL (Stock or Account+Stock 2-in-1)
5) For smartlock under Window XP/2000/2003, you need to register the smartlock. Tick
Smart Lock Pro Registration Version 2.01.
You don’t need to register for Window 98 and ME, or if you are using USB key.
6) Most new products have no built in function to register the smartlock. You can
manually run SNGREG.EXE to register. This file can be found under the Network folder
inside the UBS program folder.
+Quote Post
kuman
post Apr 9 2009, 10:56 AM

Regular

QUOTE(ubsacc2004 @ Apr 9 2009, 09:07 AM)
1) To detect the license, plug in the USB key or smartlock into the computer. Start UBS,

5) For smartlock under Window XP/2000/2003, you need to register the smartlock. Tick
6) Most new products have no built in function to register the smartlock. You can
manually run SNGREG.EXE to register. This file can be found under the Network folder
hi and thank for the reply...

will this work even if i'm not using the USB key but rather a Parallel DOngle key connected to the USB port of the notebook..?

i'll try your step again and will post my finding here momentarily.. gimme a few minutes to test

kuman
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post Apr 9 2009, 10:59 AM

PeACe~~

QUOTE(kuman @ Apr 9 2009, 08:25 AM)
cry.gif

guys...

i have a problem on how to detect this UBS Accounting Software Parallel dongle key from this new notebook which dont come with a parallel printer port.

here is more information on the version etc

UBS Accounting ver 9.1
- When i start it shows for "educational purposes Only", meaning that the dongle is not detected..
- The dongle supplied is should be connected to the Printer port, but since this is a new laptop... so no Parallel port existed.. so i go and buy those USB->Parallel Port converted... connected the dongle..
- the laptop detect the converted as a USB Printing Port in the Device Manager...
- but still i got the same error when starting the UBS software...

so anyone every solve this issue before? or know anywhere i can get help on this?

thanks in advance

kuman
Converter will not work....
U have to get a notebook with parallel port....
Or install the USB at a desktop/server and connect from your notebook.

Or upgrade to newer versions that uses USB dongle.

Added on April 9, 2009, 10:59 am
QUOTE(kuman @ Apr 9 2009, 10:56 AM)
hi and thank for the reply...

will this work even if i'm not using the USB key but rather a Parallel DOngle key connected to the USB port of the notebook..?

i'll try your step again and will post my finding here momentarily.. gimme a few minutes to test

kuman
Dont waste your time....the converter will not work.

This post has been edited by WaCKy-Angel: Apr 9 2009, 10:59 AM
+Quote Post
kuman
post Apr 9 2009, 11:26 AM

Regular

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Apr 9 2009, 10:59 AM)
Converter will not work....
U have to get a notebook with parallel port....
Or install the USB at a desktop/server and connect from your notebook.

Or upgrade to newer versions that uses USB dongle.

Added on April 9, 2009, 10:59 am
Dont waste your time....the converter will not work.
rclxub.gif cry.gif

it will not? cry.gif

i did test again... and restart a few times already... as it seems this might be the case already.. sad.gif

so anyone have any idea how much would it be to upgrade the version from 9.1 to what ever version that uses USB Dongle...

thanks for the information WaCKy-Angel it seems like most of the thing i read today pointed to the UBS not working with converter.... hope that ubsacc2004 can prove this is wrong.. since it seems like he know UBS System.... unsure.gif

any more suggestion?
kuman
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post Apr 9 2009, 01:47 PM

PeACe~~

QUOTE(kuman @ Apr 9 2009, 11:26 AM)
rclxub.gif  cry.gif

it will not?  cry.gif

i did test again... and restart a few times already... as it seems this might be the case already.. sad.gif

so anyone have any idea how much would it be to upgrade the version from 9.1 to what ever version that uses USB Dongle...

thanks for the information WaCKy-Angel it seems like most of the thing i read today pointed to the UBS not working with converter.... hope that ubsacc2004 can prove this is wrong.. since it seems like he know UBS System....  unsure.gif

any more suggestion?
kuman
What ubsacc2004 said is the procedure to activate the license...but the problem is usb-to-parallel convertor will not work.

U have to upgrade to atleast version 9.2 that has USB lock.
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Apr 9 2009, 01:48 PM

No life without MUsic

yes kuman soli i din read properly ur post. hehe. last time its work but after ..... if u wan upgrade the version u kenot old version hw.
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post Apr 9 2009, 01:51 PM

PeACe~~

Peter Low
019-3282326
03-42707179

This is the contact number of one of the UBS retailer.
You may contact him if u wish to upgrade.
+Quote Post
kuman
post Apr 9 2009, 03:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Apr 9 2009, 01:47 PM)
What ubsacc2004 said is the procedure to activate the license...but the problem is usb-to-parallel convertor will not work.

U have to upgrade to atleast version 9.2 that has USB lock.
- this procedure wont work with my version then.. sad.gif no problem good to know for sure that its the problem with the version. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ubsacc2004 @ Apr 9 2009, 01:48 PM)
yes kuman soli i din read properly ur post. hehe. last time its work but after ..... if u wan upgrade the version u kenot old version hw.
- no worries ubsacc..... like i said any suggestion are welcomed... thanks for the suggestion biggrin.gif

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Apr 9 2009, 01:51 PM)
Peter Low
019-3282326
03-42707179

This is the contact number of one of the UBS retailer.
You may contact him if u wish to upgrade.
thanks for the contact... i'll try to find local contact here first since i'm in Penang area..

Thanks for all the thought and suggestion guys.. hopefully if someone else having the same problem will stumble upon this thread as well..

thanks a lot GUYS... rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Apr 9 2009, 03:21 PM

No life without MUsic

welcome lah bro.
+Quote Post
gundamalpha
post Jun 29 2009, 11:04 AM

☆彡TITS☆彡

I'm currently using USB9.0 but I can't get the USB Key to work. Can anyone please help me out to get the license? Very urgent and I can't proceed with my work since it's under "Fore educational purpose only". Thanks.
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Jun 29 2009, 08:43 PM

No life without MUsic

wait 1st do u buy the license ?
u get the license key from partner rite ?
pls do tell me more.
i will ask support team to help u.

+Quote Post
gundamalpha
post Jun 30 2009, 05:20 PM

☆彡TITS☆彡

QUOTE(ubsacc2004 @ Jun 29 2009, 08:43 PM)
wait 1st do u buy the license ?
u get the license key from partner rite ?
pls do tell me more.
i will ask support team to help u.
Yes I bought the license (assuming you are talking about the UBS key) and it doesn't work after I've reformatted and reinstall it on my computer. I went to the setting and set it to USB key on XP etc. But it just couldn't detect the USB key (the computer initialized and mentioned ready for use).
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Jun 30 2009, 09:01 PM

No life without MUsic

have u read this steps?

+Quote Post
gundamalpha
post Jul 1 2009, 11:29 AM

☆彡TITS☆彡

QUOTE(ubsacc2004 @ Jun 30 2009, 09:01 PM)
have u read this steps?

Yes but it didn't work
+Quote Post
ubsacc2004
post Jul 1 2009, 03:50 PM

No life without MUsic

where u buy ? send back to that shop.

+Quote Post
clpiau
post Oct 26 2009, 02:38 PM

Group: New Member

Greetings. I need help in detecting parallel dongle in UBS Payroll ver 9.0b. I tried to follow the instruction above how to detect the parallel dongle but everytime I logged into UBS it just prompt Evaluation limit reached. And I cant find "Select Company". Any help is appreciated.
+Quote Post
J@A
post Feb 19 2010, 10:15 AM

hello all of everyone,

why "This is for evaluation only! (code = 1)"? is it without licence, right?

Hope you reply as soon as possible.

Thanks
+Quote Post
jollycat
post Jun 23 2010, 12:58 PM

Hi,

I facing this problem too, when I reformated my pc everytime, I need to facing this problem again. This time, I did tried all method you guys mentioned above, it still not work. My version is 9.1 too.

May I ask, if I brought the UBS installer CD from different distributor but same version, is the dongle work? I have 2 CD from 2 different distributors, and 1 license, if it can use, I may try other CD as well.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
is_you
post Jul 12 2010, 09:58 AM

currently, i also meet this kind of problem, not matter how i try to do, reformat pc, keep plug and unplug the smartlock 9.0, keep uninstall and install the software, register key, driver and etc....but i place the smartlock into another pc, it's work. i am highly suspenses that is my parallel port problem, should be breakdown, anyone can teach me if the parallel port doesn't work with smartlock, what can i do it? and the parallel is onboard Asus M2N motherboard, and the parallel port can not be unplug one...please teach me...thank you very much.
+Quote Post
platiniumlover
post Sep 9 2010, 04:06 PM

QUOTE(is_you @ Jul 12 2010, 09:58 AM)
currently, i also meet this kind of problem, not matter how i try to do, reformat pc, keep plug and unplug the smartlock 9.0, keep uninstall and install the software, register key, driver and etc....but i place the smartlock into another pc, it's work. i am highly suspenses that is my parallel port problem, should be breakdown, anyone can teach me if the parallel port doesn't work with smartlock, what can i do it? and the parallel is onboard Asus M2N motherboard, and the parallel port can not be unplug one...please teach me...thank you very much.
perhaps is your dongle is spoiled.....
did u try it on other computer? if it works than that will be setting issue, else very high % is the dongle spoiled......
+Quote Post
G K Lai
post Jan 5 2011, 09:31 PM

Casual

Hi all,

Our office also face this problem, was using UBS v9.0...
Old computer acted strange, so quickly buy a new computer just in case data lost at anytime...
Not so easy to find a motherboard with parallel port, so we bought a parallel port PCI card instead...
No luck no matter how I try to make it work, and at the end I called UBS distributor here and was told the "SmartLock" will not work with add-on parallel port...
The SmartLock only works on motherboard with parallel port built in... (not quite "Smart" in this case)
Then I ask if I could change or upgrade to USB dongle version and was told currently no more USB dongle edition...
The only solution is to upgrade to v9.5 which uses serial key (serial number) and the cost of the upgrade is RM859.00...
We also using UBS Stock (for Invoicing purpose) and this cost another RM859.00 for the upgrade...!
Total upgrade price of RM1,718.00 is higher than the new Acer computer that we bought...!
If you ask me (and my boss) if this worth the upgrade? We would say not worth at all since not much different between v9.0 and v9.5...
They just fix their software bugs and the user have to pay for their "hot fix"...? ohmy.gif
At the end, we called E.M.A.S. reseller for an appointment to demonstrate and will see how good it would be.

Can anyone recommend more types of accounting software that suitable for local trading business?
Last time I saw our supplier use TBS and I remember they were happy with it who was migrate from UBS to TBS, is TBS still any good nowadays or does it still available?

Thank you in advance... smile.gif
+Quote Post
xiaohong
post Jan 6 2011, 11:25 PM

OMG i wish i could know it earlier...i just bought a motherboard without parallel port....damn i have to find another board again...zzzz
+Quote Post
JazzyJeff
post Jan 8 2011, 12:32 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(G K Lai @ Jan 5 2011, 09:31 PM)
Then I ask if I could change or upgrade to USB dongle version and was told currently no more USB dongle edition...
For your info. The "new" version 9.5 detect hard disk, motherboard, CPU. So just because it doesn't use dongle, it doesn't mean you can install & use in any pc.

The only solution is to upgrade to v9.5 which uses serial key (serial number) and the cost of the upgrade is RM859.00...
We also using UBS Stock (for Invoicing purpose) and this cost another RM859.00 for the upgrade...!
Total upgrade price of RM1,718.00 is higher than the new Acer computer that we bought...!
If you ask me (and my boss) if this worth the upgrade? We would say not worth at all since not much different between v9.0 and v9.5...
They just fix their software bugs and the user have to pay for their "hot fix"...?  ohmy.gif
BTW, I personally wouldn't consider $1k+ upgrade as expensive, after all, a good accounting software that really helps organize the operation of business documents is worth a lot more than a pc. But for a software like UBS, which has not really change much since 10+ years (v8.3), yes I would agree is not worth it. It is still using batch posting, I mean seriously, doesn't that belong to the "old" technology.

Can anyone recommend more types of accounting software that suitable for local trading business?
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f=139&t=324311&st=0#entry8056163
My personal preference is towards SQL Account cause I am using it with so far decent results and a software with large user base. Previously we migrated from UBS the customer, supplier, stock list, opening balance & also item sales/ purchases price history. The migration was by far the most complete of the few software I compare back in 2009.

I suggest you compare the software yourself with your colleagues through a free in office demo. Read this post, it might helpful also http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1689599

Good luck on your search.
+Quote Post
smzubair1984
post Jun 8 2013, 05:56 PM

I got SLL smart lock for LAN.. IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE IT FOR STAND ALONE WITHOUT NETWORK.. BECAUSE WHEN I UNPLUG THE NETWORK THEN IT IS NOT WORKING AND BECOME EDUCATION PURPOSE... iF POSSIBLE TO USE THEN HOW ... PLZ SUGGEST... THANKS
+Quote Post

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0820sec    1.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:50 AM