Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Beijing and Tianjin, Updated info on pg 1 (Travel)

RegentCid
post Oct 10 2018, 10:55 AM

グローバル防衛構想
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(treblecase @ Oct 10 2018, 09:28 AM)
Anyone tried staying using Air BNB while in Beijing or even China? There’s this requirement that foreigners need to register with the local police within 24 hours. Anyone has any info on this?
Yes you need. Because Govt need foreigners detail.
When you staying Hotel at China, Most of Hotel have computer automatically submitted foreigners detail to Govt when you check in. But Airbnb Host don't have this kind of computer.
Some Host will submit to police but some wont, this depends on the Host (Try email with the host about this matter)

treblecase
post Oct 10 2018, 11:06 AM

IHI

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Oct 10 2018, 10:55 AM)
Yes you need. Because Govt need foreigners detail. 
When you staying Hotel at China, Most of Hotel have computer automatically submitted foreigners detail to Govt when you check in. But Airbnb Host don't have this kind of computer.
Some Host will submit to police but some wont, this depends on the Host (Try email with the host about this matter)
So, what happen if we don’t register?
RegentCid
post Oct 10 2018, 11:13 AM

グローバル防衛構想

QUOTE(treblecase @ Oct 10 2018, 10:06 AM)
So, what happen if we don’t register?
According to one topic at Airbnb communities forum. A westerner didn't know about this and his host didn't mention. So he missed it.
After 2 weeks he back to China again and He was blacklisted by China immigration because during his last trip to china didn't register to Police.
He have to leave China immediately on next flight.

This post has been edited by RegentCid: Oct 10 2018, 11:21 AM
treblecase
post Oct 10 2018, 11:26 AM

IHI

QUOTE(RegentCid @ Oct 10 2018, 11:13 AM)
According to one topic at Airbnb communities forum. A westerner didn't know about this and his host didn't mention. So he missed it.
After 2 weeks he back to China again and He was blacklisted by China immigration because during his last trip to china didn't register to Police.
He have to leave China immediately on next flight.
I think that’s extreme & rarely happen.

I think most police station in China don’t bother & some don’t even know what to do or think it’s a hassle. Maybe coz it was a westerner, it’s more obvious rather than us Asians. He/she could’ve breached other immigration rules.

Actually this is the first time I heard of this rule despite having traveled to China many times before & even staying at friend’s house and some hotels that supposedly don’t allow foreigners.
RegentCid
post Oct 10 2018, 11:30 AM

グローバル防衛構想

QUOTE(treblecase @ Oct 10 2018, 10:26 AM)
I think that’s extreme & rarely happen.

I think most police station in China don’t bother & some don’t even know what to do or think it’s a hassle. Maybe coz it was a westerner, it’s more obvious rather than us Asians. He/she could’ve breached other immigration rules.

Actually this is the first time I heard of this rule despite having traveled to China many times before & even staying at friend’s house and some hotels that supposedly don’t allow foreigners.
Since you say going china alot times, better submit.
Later kena blacklisted means you forever cannot step into China. Unless this Beijing trip was you last china trip... biggrin.gif
@skyhawk@
post Oct 12 2018, 12:26 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

any reliable and good free vpn to use in China? will be there for short trip. appreciate can suggest for ios..
coo|dude
post Nov 19 2018, 04:42 PM

Cool By The Pool!

Any recommended hotels in Beijing? I am looking at Novotel Xin Qiao hotel but would love to hear if there are any better recommendations..

40 Pages « < 38 39 40Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0661sec    1.70    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 06:41 AM