Buying Toyota Vios, Vios, good choice?

views

oec88
post Apr 1 2009, 07:33 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ Mar 31 2009, 06:28 PM)
fuel consumptio - very good, i can hit 450km/h with a full tank

maintenance - not very expensive if u dont go toyota service center, service outside the price is like normal proton car, the genuine parts i think a bit expensive compare to proton spare part lar biggrin.gif

road handling - stock is a really shakehead.gif handling bad, not to mention body roll r worst....

still a good car to drive since the fuel consumption r very good, if u want to whack corner, this car r not suitable for u...

maybe u should look forward to kia forte, i've seen someone posting about the kia forte will be coming to our shore this May, if u can wait then wait for it tongue.gif
I can hit 620km for a full tank, running in Penang town and Penang Bridge, everyday Penang Island -> Butterworth, Butterworth -> Penang.

Not bluffing, it's depend on how you going to drive your car or Toyota Vios. Previously I only can hit about 550km max, then try to learn to drive steady, so I can make it to 620km, the best ever record for my ride.

Added on April 1, 2009, 7:38 am
QUOTE(jiyao @ Mar 31 2009, 09:11 PM)
who would believe that ?!  laugh.gif
Who wouldn't believe that? If you surf around my car club forum then you might get the answer. 450km for a full tank is average record, most of people can make. For people who modified their engine by adding stuff, and drive like a monster, they would get around 390km only. Drive gently and steady normally can make 500km to 550km. Fully highway driving for a full tank can even goes up until 650km. If you don't believe, get the car and test it. Make sure you drive gently.

I'm not here to tell craps or promote for Toyota Vios. It's a REAL fact that I see through my eyes and tested before, because I own a Toyota Vios too.

If you buy a Toyota Vios, you no need to worry about the engine part. What you need to worry is all about the interior, sometime the rattling noise is annoying. If can, get a J spec and go for AutoFoam in KL, which can straighten your car body. In other hands, it might make your car sounds solid when driving on the road.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 1 2009, 07:38 AM
oec88
post Apr 2 2009, 11:51 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(spiderwick @ Apr 2 2009, 12:07 AM)
for sure will drive safely la..but accident, u never know wat..that's why. i drove my auntie's vios before, sat 4 ppl inside..like kena tekan pedal kuat only can jalan lol..

just wondering, with the price tag of RM85k, wat other safety car can be bought lah

Added on April 2, 2009, 12:08 am

saw chinese news paper today, seems like april toyota is giving good discount..1.68% interest?? do check out

Added on April 2, 2009, 12:09 am

just wondering, if buy E or G spec, cannot go for autofoam?? what else to add to stabilise the car so that we can speed up higher! brows.gif
I would tell you if you really want your car to be stable more, few part you need to change or to add. There are one cheapest part you can get to stable your car while cornering, that's front struct bar. People who likes their Vios to be good looking, then of course spend more on suspension, change the absorber and also the spring. From what I heard from AutoFoam, the material also can improve the stabilization, but this one I cannot guarantee you because I haven't try it out. E or G spec of course can go for AutoFoam, why not? What I mean is spend a 70K on a J spec new Vios, then add AutoFoam and soundproofing material, change HU and speakers. Total up everything the cost also lower than a E spec Vios.

QUOTE(michael9413 @ Apr 2 2009, 10:21 AM)
Kia... are you sure???   rclxub.gif
complain from Kia user (my fren la...) 3 of them... drink like hell after 3 yrs... guys driving style...
actually toyota have the answer for the handling problem... whether you wanna buy or not...
TRD Vios... the model is out if not mistaken whether UMW will take in or not is another story...
BTW... Toyota stock suspension nv build for harsh handling... they go towards comfort which different story with Honda...
User feedback from Toyota & Honda user... 2 of my fren whom drive Altis and now Accord...

FC ar... mine Vios with V power full tank used until 1 box left 550~580 km...
Normal Shell Super same used until 1 box left 480~520 km...
my fren (guy) use normal shell and he manage to get 600km...
his tips are never step too hard on the accelerator and also never rev over 2.5k RPM...
try yourself...

on the price my UMW fren (work in UMW group)... told me that actually toyota want to lower the price...
but the idea was blocked by the AP ministry... do you think they will let you ar...
Waja 60k... if they wan to sell Vios G Varient at only 80k... will ppl get Waja???

Milo tin story ar... every car is the Milo tin mah... the metal plate how thick 2mm??? 3mm???
same la... Mercedes only put foam when you knock on the door it looks solid...
One of my ex-colleague's City got knock by a moto (girl rider) at the front driver door...
and the rider got a broken leg... you guess what my ex-col have...  smile.gif
Agree what you say. Even you go and knock Toyota Harrier door, it will also sounds like "milo tin" as I heard from a forumer around this forum. Those European car are well design in car body chassis and also they put foam in their car body chassis so their car can sounds solid.

QUOTE(jiyao @ Apr 2 2009, 01:37 PM)
haha.. what r u talking about??? I myself driving Toyota ... of course i know vios can hit 450km , in fact i think it's quite standard.. nothing special.. my wish can hit 520km per full tank  laugh.gif

i just pointing out his typo 450KM/H only..  laugh.gif
because even Ferarri hardly hit 450km/h ..  tongue.gif
Oh sorry about that, I thought you don't believe that Vios can hit 450KM per full tank, I misunderstand your post. doh.gif

My advice is if you are so worry about the local made Toyota and Honda or even Japanese car, go get a second hand Mercedes-Benz W203 C Class or second hand BMW 3 Series E46. Of course the service cost will kill you but I believe that will be more fun to drive them. I've tried on a year 2002 Mercedes W203 C Class before, the feeling is big different with Japanese car, running 210km/h will still stable. Comment from my friend about his 5 Series, he was running on 230km/h also no problem at all. Really salute and envy those people who own BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Work harder to get one, try them. Second hand BMW 3 Series E46 also cost around RM90,000 nowadays, and Mercedes-Benz C Class is costly than BMW, at least RM105,000 above as I see around the advertisement.

Added on April 3, 2009, 12:02 am
QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Apr 2 2009, 11:11 PM)
u saying vios handling sux , cheapoo interior n poor soundproving....but it can be better than new city.....mean new city handling even worst than vios? soundproving even worst and interior even worst?? u sure bo brother  biggrin.gif .....i-vtec will underpower than VVTI? =.=" this one u sure bo brother =.="

rice can simply eat but word can't simply say oh  tongue.gif
wait until the car run-in then u will know the i-vtec power lo brother...
It's not coming here to show off how the i-VTEC and VVT-i work around here, what's the point? VVT-i has it own way of engine method and same goes to i-VTEC. Sometime it's not about the feature problem, the "money" problem. Some people seek for cheaper and quality car, and they don't mind about how is it going. As long as the engine and gear box work well and less problem, then they will love it. Not everyone drives like a mad driver on the road too.

What I comment at here, all are advices. If you want your car to sound solid, go for AutoFoam, as I heard a lot of amazing comment from those consumer of AutoFoam. Not just add AutoFoam in your car, get soundproofing material like soundproof pad too. AutoFoam is to strengthen your car chassis (some people might say to make your car sounds solid), soundproofing material is to block the sound coming from outside of the car, especially our car doors, back boot (spare tyre area) and floor.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 3 2009, 12:02 AM
oec88
post Apr 3 2009, 07:34 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Apr 3 2009, 12:52 AM)
yeah rite, buy vios j, go autofoam and lose ur warranty nod.gif
anyway, indirectly u r saying vios is cheaper and more quality than city? at that price, i humbly think a waja cps can score much much better than that of a vios.. be it in term of space, built material, active and passive safety, and engine power
Well, I also have good impression on the latest CPS Proton Waja, really a good car compare to some below RM100k Japanese and Korean car. If I'm not mistaken, what I heard from AutoFoam is apply AutoFoam material will not void your warranty because the AutoFoam is not insert to the area that have wiring. For more info please search for AutoFoam in Google.

I missed out some point there so mislead some of you that might think I say new Honda City is bad quality compare with Toyota Vios. Actually I dare not to comment on the quality of the new Honda City. What I mean is Vios and City, both are quality car but at least Vios is cheaper a lot than Honda City, so it's all about "money" issue.

Seriously, I really dare not to try the local made car anymore, my ride sometime gives me a lot of trouble, especially the interior issue. Engine and electronic parts are fine, it's just about the cheap hard plastic issue, rattling noise.

QUOTE(ARCH ANGEL 7 @ Apr 3 2009, 02:28 AM)
good.... go buy proton persona!!!
rm50 can go as far as 230km...
darn tera car!!!! super super regrat getting this car!!!!!
RM50 = 230km, in other hand RM100 = 460km? My Toyota Vios RM70 for a full tank (RM1.80 per litre) can goes up at least 550km and maximum 620km. whistling.gif

Once again, I would like to remind again. All cars are depend on how you drive them, then the fuel consumption result will appear.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 3 2009, 07:40 AM
oec88
post Apr 3 2009, 10:05 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Apr 3 2009, 08:56 AM)
i didn't show off how I-VTEC is powerful than VVT-I but he saying that the car is underpower and even sux.... that the point he force me to reply on this thread =D.....i not show off but in FACT I-VTEC is not UNDERPOWER than VIOS i'm sure.....i not going to compare the money ... my hand can't control my self to reply the "I FEEL CITY IS UNDERPOWER" ....zzzzzz....then how powerful is VIOS?

if u talking VIOS FC is better than CITY ... yes this one i hand up and the 1st person agree..but if u saying UNDERPOWER then sorry....this is totally tahi lembu....
p/s: i not anti-toyota.....my dad own a CARMY and yes i love to drive it too =D....
There's one type of City that can have better fuel consumption compare to Vios, that's Honda City i-DSI. But then I'm wondering is Honda City i-DSI underpower since it's 80+hp?
oec88
post Apr 3 2009, 11:35 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(eileen7 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:10 AM)
hey...u guys are talking so technical liao...i can only understand 50% of those info...hahaha. But anyway good for me also, i get to learn more in depth about cars....

oec88, do u hav any idea wat is the current trade in value for my Proton Saga LMST edition 2004?
Sorry that I don't have any idea about trade value. I'm just a new learner who start to learn about car soundproofing system and also car around our street and world. You can search around the second hand car selling website through internet, example of those are www.carlist.my, Motor Trader.

If you don't understand deeper about the technical, yeah you can start to learn now. I'm a person who are care for the car comfort quality, that's why I explain how the AutoFoam and also soundproofing material works. A comfort car is not to make any noise inside the interior, less noise, more fun to drive. If you spend RM80k on a car and the car interior is not comfort as it keep make noise, worth? Even you think it's worth for money but at least you will feel that the rattling noise is really annoying.

"Biasa la local buat punye kereta". Even local made BMW and Mercedes-Benz also got problem.

Added on April 3, 2009, 11:38 am
QUOTE(santaclaus @ Apr 3 2009, 11:19 AM)
havent drove a vios b4 but from wat i c

1) may get cert from wwf for preserving wild nature n adopting the extinct dugong

2) saw from another thread but forgot which " rx8 cant compare with the mighty vios" flex.gif
Huh? Is that thread talk about the 500bhp Toyota Vios that from Johore state? I heard that it also publish to a car magazine too.

Seriously if you want to race, get a sport range car. Some people modify their car is just because of their hobby.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 3 2009, 11:42 AM
oec88
post Apr 4 2009, 11:59 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(spiderwick @ Apr 3 2009, 11:23 PM)
hi oec88,

thanks for the advice  notworthy.gif

our hard-earned $ need to be well spent.. that's why we looking for a less hassle, reliable & comfortable car.

but i found that the back seats not comfy actually..what i mean is at the head rest area..duno why they want to make it bulge so big..when u lie on it like super hard and so big  rclxub.gif

guys, how about the maintenance cost for vios??

thanks!
I also not really like my rear sit, it looks like so "straight". When you sit behind, hardly to fall asleep. But the seat at front I like it, it's a little bit like bucket seat which hold your body, very comfort.

For maintenance cost, I can simply list out here(or I will miss out something):
1,000km - Engine oil and oil filter, roughly RM90
5,000km - Engine oil and oil filter, roughly RM90
10,000km - Start from this, depends on what kind of engine oil you are using, a fully synthetic or mineral?
30,000km - A bit costly at here due to air cond services.
40,000km - Much more costly due to change ATF oil, flushing gear, brake pad and etc
50,000km - Goes back to the same method like 10,000km
60,000km - Same with 30,000km
80,000km - Same with 40,000km

For the list above, I might be miss out something, but you can check clearly through Toyota SC servicing schedule, that schedule tells thousand words.

PS: Until now my car has reach 70,000km, I never service my air cond and brake pad yet and both of them still works fine.

QUOTE(Travies @ Apr 4 2009, 01:07 AM)
if u dun have high expectation on car then vios certainly suit u. get the J variant pretty good, spend some money on rims, HU, disc brake, spoiler would be nice. if u getting G or S variant, u may consider NHC lor, newer and higher tech.
Yeah I got the same point with you. If there's no AP craps, I believe J spec Vios will cost very cheap for sure and it's impossible RM70k. If not who will go and buy Proton and Perodua?

QUOTE(hipeys88 @ Apr 4 2009, 10:58 AM)
go find out urself.... wink.gif  soundproofing will be a better option as it give u solid rock feeling when u knock on the metal... icon_rolleyes.gif
Also not to forget about AutoFoam, which can feel more solid ride than applying soundproofing materials.

One thing to remind, better don't care those consumer or anonymous on the internet. A lot people might bash the new Toyota Vios is a dugong car. If you like the car, why heck care those comments? As long as you like the car and you are able to afford it, then go for it.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 4 2009, 12:04 PM
oec88
post Apr 4 2009, 01:51 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(eileen7 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:34 PM)
oec88, u gave lots of useful info...really appreciate it...you sound pro...hehehe
Just get research and surf around the internet, learn the car info so if I see people ask around, I'll try to answer them as I can.

QUOTE(alan75 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:36 PM)
He's viosclub registered member(TVCM).
Yes I am. I guess you are one of them too Mr. alan75, you should know me. rclxms.gif

QUOTE(bibbyGirl @ Apr 4 2009, 01:31 PM)
why would someone pay 80k for a crap cut cost car like vios?

lousy handling, cheap interior, crap sound proof, back seat is so cramp, overpriced and there is so many cheaper alternative out there which offer better.

not to mention the J spec kosong which come with nothing. not even alloy rim. only idiot or poser would buy those.

persona, waja, gen2 offer everything better than vios and yet is cheaper by 20k.

vios owner are pathetic bunch of loser. bought a crap car and praise it like god. when someone comment on their crap car they defend like a b****. obviously that is the only "japanese" make they can afford. paying their ass off with 70% of their monthly salary. lala and beng car. lulz notworthy.gif
QUOTE(bibbyGirl @ Apr 4 2009, 01:41 PM)
any car in malaysia is expensive.

but paying 69k for a kosong crap car is cheap?
Yeah lousy car but still selling like a hot cakes, I bet you can see this sentence around the internet don't you? If you really want to compare the fact of the car in our country Malaysia, Proton car is absolutely expensive IF there's no such AP thing. Without AP, can you tell how much is a BMW 320i E90?

Still, with AP, even local made Toyota and Honda have to pull up price (most of people will think our country is protecting Proton). Same goes to Japan, I heard that continental cars in Japan aren't cheap too because they have their local Toyota, Honda, Nissan and etc. So who to blame? It's our Government.

If you would like to say Toyota Vios is a crappy, "ah beng" "lala" car, it's up to you because no one can stop the internet troll like you. Acting in childish way to comment other car (not only Toyota Vios) is kind of immature attitude. If you don't like it, fine we won't stop you to taking down the image of a car. We will just leave those troll alone like you, go ahead.

How you know this -> "paying their ass off with 70% of their monthly salary". Did you do survey? If no, then you might be wrong.

Added on April 4, 2009, 1:54 pm
QUOTE(Amedion @ Apr 4 2009, 01:46 PM)
I don't understand why people buy Juara or Perdana V6 when they can get better car at that price.
This is their choice.
Add:

This is their choice, their money, their decision. Who's going to heck care what car you buy and what car you drive unless you are looking for a rich boyfriend or girlfriend. So please get a life before you talk bibbyGirl.

Another thing, so why people get Savvy? It's ugly isn't? Same goes to Toyota Vios, people say it's "dugong" isn't?

Thread starter is just open a topic asking for buying a Toyota Vios, of course we as a forumer will help them as more as we can, not mention about how powerful is the car, and work like a continental car which has a lot electronic feature.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 4 2009, 01:54 PM
oec88
post Apr 4 2009, 02:01 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(Amedion @ Apr 4 2009, 01:59 PM)
Chill out dude ...
Maybe all her friends which is AhBeng/Lala always overrate Toyota Vios ..
That leads her to hate this car so much ..
doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif Maybe her boyfriend who dump her is driving a Toyota Vios doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

They don't even make research and study about car, then simply comment on a car by just looking at the car image and also the drivers around.

Or some of them think my avatar is a Toyota logo, so they will think that I'm fully side on Toyota and always Toyota for my whole life. Oh sorry, if you think so, I guess you have already misunderstood me. I'm just got no other avatar to use so I use Toyota logo as my avatar. My favorite car is still Mercedes-Benz and Maserati.

Bah...leave her/him alone.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 4 2009, 02:04 PM
oec88
post Apr 4 2009, 11:26 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(bibbyGirl @ Apr 4 2009, 02:12 PM)
AP or not. you cant change that can you? unless u can take over najib's place and change that. you cant, so live with it 

how i know vios owner are retarded who spend all their salary on this crap? i got fren who salary is 1.5k and he take 1.2k on loan a kosong spec vios. just becos of its fukin toyota badge. if this is not stupid enough i duno wat else to say. 

ppl get savvy becos of its price. 30-40k for a transportation. ppl would not buy savvy if they have much budget. i dont want to comment on ugly or not. that is personal choice.
Amedion already mention the points that are already in my mind. I believe that you are not really can get what I'm saying all of that here.

Your friend is one of the retard, that's the people who never plan proper for his financial. Still, I dare not to comment more on your friend, maybe his salary is RM1.5k and spend RM1.2 for his car, then at behind he still got a lot money? Who knows? Unless he keep complain that he's always running out of money.

QUOTE(travis_ckf @ Apr 4 2009, 02:27 PM)
This is why i hate "should i buy a proton/vios" thread cause u always end up attracting bashers who actually never own such cars before doh.gif
Last time there are a lot topic about "City vs Vios", a lot basher there. Some people bash City, sames goes to Vios. So as a smart forum user, why should we look into them and argue with them? Just let them be.

QUOTE(Austin @ Apr 4 2009, 07:35 PM)
From what I know, most of my friends that driving VIOS be it previous gen or latest gen... their reasons of buying it are:

- Local cars sux, simply sux big time, sux to the max. 
- VIOS is Japanese Brand leh... IMPORTED leh
- VIOS is a God Car, SuperCar, is TOYOTA leh 
- TOYOTA has good "car leg" (Wheelbase, suspension etc) 
- VIOS very save fuel leh.. I even heard ppl said VIOS can hit 20km/l FC for 100% urban driving.... lol 
- Easy to kao loi with Imported Car, especially TOYOTA
- Lower Interest Rate than local cars, easily affordable with low downpayment
- TOYOTA always has "good" resale value
- Gains respect from friends and relatives
- Walk out from the car also got "wind", show off 
- VIOS with GT Wing & 17" Rim even better.... rumours said these can increase the horsepower  notworthy.gif .... supercar wannabe

Of course NOT ALL VIOS owners are as described as above, I apologize if the above statements offend you. smile.gif Purely based on my observation from friends that driving VIOS.

Anyhow, no matter what car you drive, as long as u are happy, made the right decision, serves the right purpose, do the right things, you will gain respect as well smile.gif
Wrong wrong wrong, VIOS is not imported from Japan UNLESS you import the Yaris Sedan from Japan. Our Toyota Vios is LOCAL MADE, if I'm not mistaken, the plant is at Shah Alam or Melaka. Ok now this thread is not about install 17' Rim and get GT wing will give you more horsepower, that's craps. Installing 17' Rims will just make your car run slower than before except you get a super light weight wheels. Also modifying engine is a must by adding performance stuffs inside, I'll leave performance to other pros around here because I have no experience on it.

QUOTE(bibbyGirl @ Apr 4 2009, 07:55 PM)
yea vios is godlike luxury supercar. Try go chinese cari forum, vios is god car there. Claimed to have reach 200kmh and tapau civic 2.0 and sentra 1.8 at genting uphill. Some said its D2 gear can reach 180kmh too.

Aunty unker drive vios think they drive bmw and merc. Ah beng and lala drive vios like they drive porsche go around cucuk people.

Why vios owner all behave like this? Amedon care to explain?
So you think the whole world people who own Vios are thinking of that shit?

"Why vios owner all behave like this?"

It's not "all" as you mention, there are still a lot "polite" Vios owner in forum. I don't treat my own Vios is a super car nor luxury car. Compact car then compact car, nothing can change it's size, class and name.

QUOTE(cham2020 @ Apr 4 2009, 08:15 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

the worst i heard was vios is luxury car  sweat.gif honestly.. i heard it from a friend that wish to buy vios......and he said J = Japan  shakehead.gif
That's definitely a nono, I don't know what is J spec call, but people might call it a "junk" spec since it has less features inside the car, but then it has ABS feature.

oec88
post Apr 5 2009, 03:38 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(Austin @ Apr 5 2009, 03:21 AM)
Our VIOS should be Tomyam Mari.... local assembled UMW Toyota are Avanza & Innova at Sg. Buloh if not mistaken.

VIOS = Very Infamous Overpriced Sedan.. Own it and be proud of it smile.gif
Previous one is local assembled, if I'm not mistaken the latest one also local assembled, I got this info from the service adviser. Last time I also telling people that the new Vios is imported from Thailand, and someone claimed that it's local assembled because he is a Toyota employee who works in Toyota factory in Malaysia.

Not sure about this.
oec88
post Apr 5 2009, 09:43 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(milkyway @ Apr 5 2009, 05:10 AM)
all local made crap la. go for recond wish/estima pls tongue.gif
I would recommend that too but re-condition Toyota Wish and Toyota Estima (previous model) also cost around RM130,000. Yes you can get cheaper, just surf around the internet.

QUOTE(Austin @ Apr 5 2009, 09:10 AM)
Just did a search at wikipedia, VIOS is assembled in Thailand and also Philippines, didn't see any info about manufacturing in Malaysia though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Vios
When in year 2007, what I get from Paul Tan blog is Toyota Vios is assembled in Thailand and then import to Malaysia. After that I remember that someone ask again where the Toyota Vios assemble in Lowyat, so I answer it's come from Thailand. Then another person came out and say it's assemble locally and he's an employee of local Toyota plant.

oec88
post Apr 5 2009, 11:02 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(Austin @ Apr 5 2009, 10:52 AM)
Actually I feel that VIOS is not the culprit to blame, it is the majority owners of VIOS are from young generation, from 18 to 25 years old. Usually this group of owners just graduated from high school/college/U, lack of mature attitude and driving experience, not much saving for luxury cars and still very new to the society, car is everything for those that paid over 60% of their salary for car loan repayment.

Same goes to a lot of the Myvi, SAGA BLM & Gen2 owners.

So we all know lah... first time owning a car.... many pattern will surface... want ego, want stylo, but pocket not deep enough, talk, drive and act with bad attitude and always like to show off. These are more on our cultural problem, not the car problem.  biggrin.gif  And due to all these, some of them cannot drive considerately and anytime will cause accident on road. And therefore people have not so good impression about the Ah Beng or Lala cars you mentioned, be it Wiralution, Wajalution, VIOS God Car, Gen2 Super Car or "Toyota" Myvi.  notworthy.gif 

Ah Beng, Lala or Rempit are everywhere, it had become a culture of Malaysia already. There are simply too many unqualified car owners be it mentally or financially. hmm.gif
This kind of matter we can see them everyday, it's like "Malaysian pattern" or maybe human being. The funny thing is they stick Toyota logo on MyVi, stick Lexus logo on Vios, that will only make me laugh at them. But then, we still got to live with it, we can't control them from modifying or adding stuff on their car or even talk big how fast how big is their car, just let them be.

Some people like to bash at people's car, I know among the hot cars in Malaysia, all are been bashed hardly. Just like someone right here, talk without filtering and thinking, he/she don't know to use logic to talk, never do survey, and STRAIGHT bash. A mature forum reader will just leave him/her alone. Talking without using logic will just make the topic become a joke and crap. People start a topic by asking opinion on buying this car, so an experience user will come here and leave useful reply, just like providing the pros and cons of the car, this is one of the example. It's not for you to come in to bash at people's topic by saying craps.

I hope thread starter will make a proper decision in choosing car, don't regret after buy car. I hope you enjoy with your new ride soon.

My own ride is my parents bought for me one. So I'll just use it carefully and also start to learn about car to prevent future do mistake in choosing car. Since the car is our daily useful item, I guess all of us should start to learn more about it. At least some simple steps on how to take care and how to prevent.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 5 2009, 11:07 AM
oec88
post Apr 5 2009, 11:14 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(BoltonMan @ Apr 5 2009, 11:10 AM)
dude, ALL non local car maker are overpriced due to protection to local car maker rolleyes.gif
Without them, I'm wondering how cheap is our car.

Look at here, download the .pdf file and read.

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/03/25/cus...ted-price-list/

Dream longer.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 5 2009, 11:15 AM
oec88
post Apr 5 2009, 11:24 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(BoltonMan @ Apr 5 2009, 11:21 AM)
the tax will be there, but may be not as much as now ...

like the vios E, RM19k is the tax ...

but if no protection, may be the tax is only RM5k
That's why...

There are some people calculating, a Mazda 6 with all tax calculating will total cost for only RM63,000. Now? It's selling at RM170,000 for 2.5L version, 2.0L I forget how much is it selling here.
oec88
post Apr 6 2009, 04:26 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(kcng @ Apr 5 2009, 07:05 PM)
a honda civic 2.0 tax free is going for RM 82k OTR.

so if u can get a mazda6 2.5 for RM 63k OTR, i will buy 2 from you, in cash....
rolleyes.gif

even vios tax free is already RM 64k OTR..
and what is vios compared to mazda6?
If Vios free tax is RM64k OTR, then how come Pulau Langkawi RM57k and Labuan RM58k, are cheaper than RM64k? (I thought Pulau Langkawi is a free tax land)

That RM63k issue is taken from Paul Tan blog because someone did calculation at there, so I quoted them to here.
oec88
post Apr 6 2009, 02:19 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(kcng @ Apr 6 2009, 12:39 PM)
i pluck the figures from the car manufacturer respective site...
so unless your are trying to tell me the price on the site is wrong?

the vios spec is spec S (64k)
not J spec....
Oh yeah you were right, I picked the E spec not S spec.

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Apr 6 2009, 01:14 PM)
He register here just to post that. laugh.gif
Who knows that who is that guy? Maybe some forum member here dare not to use their actual ID to post and then go register a new one to post the bad ass of Toyota Vios, track down their IP will only know the truth. biggrin.gif
oec88
post Apr 7 2009, 06:37 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Apr 7 2009, 06:35 PM)
if u think city is overprice...then what is a brand new car better in 89k range?  smile.gif
or maybe what is a good car in price range of 70k~85k if compared to VIOS?
If you want to say better, there must be still a thing that make the car become worse in our view. How about Hyundai Elantra? Then people might say resale value issue. How about Nissan Sentra low spec? People might say high fuel consumption. How about Peugeot 308? People might say resale value issue and also maintenance.

So what what what? Which one to choose?
oec88
post Apr 8 2009, 04:48 AM

Casual
381 posts

[quote=alan75,Apr 7 2009, 08:08 PM]
[quote=oec88,Apr 7 2009, 06:37 PM]
If you want to say better, there must be still a thing that make the car become worse in our view. How about Hyundai Elantra? Then people might say resale value issue. How about Nissan Sentra low spec? People might say high fuel consumption. How about Peugeot 308? People might say resale value issue and also maintenance.
So what what what? Which one to choose?

[/quote

Vios and Vios.

[/quote]

I didn't mean to ask them that is a must to choose Vios, there might be other cars yet just want to know at RM90k range what kind of better car we can get.
oec88
post Apr 8 2009, 11:35 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ Apr 8 2009, 08:16 AM)
vios cannot rev up to 7k RPM, max i tried is only 5.5k RPM when i engage D and full pedal start from 0km/h, it will change gear during 5.5k if u step iit all the way.

i've sit in a 3 year old city, handling obviously better than vios and soundproofing also better than vios, u can hear loud engine sound in vios when u rev to 3k, in city the soundproofing r far more better compare to vios, almost on par with suzuki swift.
I tried 6,500rpm before. Try to rev until max and running on high speed, then suddenly turn off your OD option, then see your rpm meter.

CAUTION: Trying this is risky which will cause your engine hot or burn, and also the whole car body shakes.
oec88
post Apr 8 2009, 02:48 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(hazremi @ Apr 8 2009, 02:44 PM)
u r driving what car bro?
Maybe he's just a Honda fans or envy people who own a Honda City. icon_idea.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 08:01 AM