Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.
10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Buying Toyota Vios, Vios, good choice?

Dante18
post Apr 2 2009, 11:04 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

about bad road handling.....what can i do to improve it? change suspension? change tyres?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chongkiatz
post Apr 2 2009, 11:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(blek @ Apr 2 2009, 10:42 PM)
vios is a good choice if u are getting new car. ya! da handling sux, cheapoo interior n poor soundproving.
but it better than new city! serious, i disapoint over da new city as my sis own 1. underpower, slow respond, worst interior(compare to last batch), limited room space(coz da dash board too bulky, with some cheapoo plastic)

notting interesting in new city except i-vtech!
u saying vios handling sux , cheapoo interior n poor soundproving....but it can be better than new city.....mean new city handling even worst than vios? soundproving even worst and interior even worst?? u sure bo brother biggrin.gif .....i-vtec will underpower than VVTI? =.=" this one u sure bo brother =.="

rice can simply eat but word can't simply say oh tongue.gif

wait until the car run-in then u will know the i-vtec power lo brother...

This post has been edited by chongkiatz: Apr 2 2009, 11:27 PM
+Quote Post
spiderwick
post Apr 2 2009, 11:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hipeys88 @ Apr 2 2009, 11:04 PM)
that is call crumple zone...the metal sounded like milo tin becoz of the bare metal in the body frame....those good cars dosent sound like milo tin because manufacturer coated the metal/whole car with soundproofing meterial....so when u knock on the body, less echo of metal sound will be generated=not so milo tin...
bro, what are the good cars that doesnt sound like milon tin (RM90k and below)?? thanks!
+Quote Post
oec88
post Apr 2 2009, 11:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(spiderwick @ Apr 2 2009, 12:07 AM)
for sure will drive safely la..but accident, u never know wat..that's why. i drove my auntie's vios before, sat 4 ppl inside..like kena tekan pedal kuat only can jalan lol..

just wondering, with the price tag of RM85k, wat other safety car can be bought lah

Added on April 2, 2009, 12:08 am

saw chinese news paper today, seems like april toyota is giving good discount..1.68% interest?? do check out

Added on April 2, 2009, 12:09 am

just wondering, if buy E or G spec, cannot go for autofoam?? what else to add to stabilise the car so that we can speed up higher! brows.gif
I would tell you if you really want your car to be stable more, few part you need to change or to add. There are one cheapest part you can get to stable your car while cornering, that's front struct bar. People who likes their Vios to be good looking, then of course spend more on suspension, change the absorber and also the spring. From what I heard from AutoFoam, the material also can improve the stabilization, but this one I cannot guarantee you because I haven't try it out. E or G spec of course can go for AutoFoam, why not? What I mean is spend a 70K on a J spec new Vios, then add AutoFoam and soundproofing material, change HU and speakers. Total up everything the cost also lower than a E spec Vios.

QUOTE(michael9413 @ Apr 2 2009, 10:21 AM)
Kia... are you sure???   rclxub.gif
complain from Kia user (my fren la...) 3 of them... drink like hell after 3 yrs... guys driving style...
actually toyota have the answer for the handling problem... whether you wanna buy or not...
TRD Vios... the model is out if not mistaken whether UMW will take in or not is another story...
BTW... Toyota stock suspension nv build for harsh handling... they go towards comfort which different story with Honda...
User feedback from Toyota & Honda user... 2 of my fren whom drive Altis and now Accord...

FC ar... mine Vios with V power full tank used until 1 box left 550~580 km...
Normal Shell Super same used until 1 box left 480~520 km...
my fren (guy) use normal shell and he manage to get 600km...
his tips are never step too hard on the accelerator and also never rev over 2.5k RPM...
try yourself...

on the price my UMW fren (work in UMW group)... told me that actually toyota want to lower the price...
but the idea was blocked by the AP ministry... do you think they will let you ar...
Waja 60k... if they wan to sell Vios G Varient at only 80k... will ppl get Waja???

Milo tin story ar... every car is the Milo tin mah... the metal plate how thick 2mm??? 3mm???
same la... Mercedes only put foam when you knock on the door it looks solid...
One of my ex-colleague's City got knock by a moto (girl rider) at the front driver door...
and the rider got a broken leg... you guess what my ex-col have...  smile.gif
Agree what you say. Even you go and knock Toyota Harrier door, it will also sounds like "milo tin" as I heard from a forumer around this forum. Those European car are well design in car body chassis and also they put foam in their car body chassis so their car can sounds solid.

QUOTE(jiyao @ Apr 2 2009, 01:37 PM)
haha.. what r u talking about??? I myself driving Toyota ... of course i know vios can hit 450km , in fact i think it's quite standard.. nothing special.. my wish can hit 520km per full tank  laugh.gif

i just pointing out his typo 450KM/H only..  laugh.gif
because even Ferarri hardly hit 450km/h ..  tongue.gif
Oh sorry about that, I thought you don't believe that Vios can hit 450KM per full tank, I misunderstand your post. doh.gif

My advice is if you are so worry about the local made Toyota and Honda or even Japanese car, go get a second hand Mercedes-Benz W203 C Class or second hand BMW 3 Series E46. Of course the service cost will kill you but I believe that will be more fun to drive them. I've tried on a year 2002 Mercedes W203 C Class before, the feeling is big different with Japanese car, running 210km/h will still stable. Comment from my friend about his 5 Series, he was running on 230km/h also no problem at all. Really salute and envy those people who own BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Work harder to get one, try them. Second hand BMW 3 Series E46 also cost around RM90,000 nowadays, and Mercedes-Benz C Class is costly than BMW, at least RM105,000 above as I see around the advertisement.

Added on April 3, 2009, 12:02 am
QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Apr 2 2009, 11:11 PM)
u saying vios handling sux , cheapoo interior n poor soundproving....but it can be better than new city.....mean new city handling even worst than vios? soundproving even worst and interior even worst?? u sure bo brother  biggrin.gif .....i-vtec will underpower than VVTI? =.=" this one u sure bo brother =.="

rice can simply eat but word can't simply say oh  tongue.gif
wait until the car run-in then u will know the i-vtec power lo brother...
It's not coming here to show off how the i-VTEC and VVT-i work around here, what's the point? VVT-i has it own way of engine method and same goes to i-VTEC. Sometime it's not about the feature problem, the "money" problem. Some people seek for cheaper and quality car, and they don't mind about how is it going. As long as the engine and gear box work well and less problem, then they will love it. Not everyone drives like a mad driver on the road too.

What I comment at here, all are advices. If you want your car to sound solid, go for AutoFoam, as I heard a lot of amazing comment from those consumer of AutoFoam. Not just add AutoFoam in your car, get soundproofing material like soundproof pad too. AutoFoam is to strengthen your car chassis (some people might say to make your car sounds solid), soundproofing material is to block the sound coming from outside of the car, especially our car doors, back boot (spare tyre area) and floor.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 3 2009, 12:02 AM
+Quote Post
imperialrealcs
post Apr 3 2009, 12:52 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!

QUOTE(oec88 @ Apr 2 2009, 11:51 PM)
I would tell you if you really want your car to be stable more, few part you need to change or to add. There are one cheapest part you can get to stable your car while cornering, that's front struct bar. People who likes their Vios to be good looking, then of course spend more on suspension, change the absorber and also the spring. From what I heard from AutoFoam, the material also can improve the stabilization, but this one I cannot guarantee you because I haven't try it out. E or G spec of course can go for AutoFoam, why not? What I mean is spend a 70K on a J spec new Vios, then add AutoFoam and soundproofing material, change HU and speakers. Total up everything the cost also lower than a E spec Vios.
Agree what you say. Even you go and knock Toyota Harrier door, it will also sounds like "milo tin" as I heard from a forumer around this forum. Those European car are well design in car body chassis and also they put foam in their car body chassis so their car can sounds solid.
Oh sorry about that, I thought you don't believe that Vios can hit 450KM per full tank, I misunderstand your post.  doh.gif
My advice is if you are so worry about the local made Toyota and Honda or even Japanese car, go get a second hand Mercedes-Benz W203 C Class or second hand BMW 3 Series E46. Of course the service cost will kill you but I believe that will be more fun to drive them. I've tried on a year 2002 Mercedes W203 C Class before, the feeling is big different with Japanese car, running 210km/h will still stable. Comment from my friend about his 5 Series, he was running on 230km/h also no problem at all. Really salute and envy those people who own BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Work harder to get one, try them. Second hand BMW 3 Series E46 also cost around RM90,000 nowadays, and Mercedes-Benz C Class is costly than BMW, at least RM105,000 above as I see around the advertisement.

Added on April 3, 2009, 12:02 am

It's not coming here to show off how the i-VTEC and VVT-i work around here, what's the point? VVT-i has it own way of engine method and same goes to i-VTEC. Sometime it's not about the feature problem, the "money" problem. Some people seek for cheaper and quality car, and they don't mind about how is it going. As long as the engine and gear box work well and less problem, then they will love it. Not everyone drives like a mad driver on the road too.

What I comment at here, all are advices. If you want your car to sound solid, go for AutoFoam, as I heard a lot of amazing comment from those consumer of AutoFoam. Not just add AutoFoam in your car, get soundproofing material like soundproof pad too. AutoFoam is to strengthen your car chassis (some people might say to make your car sounds solid), soundproofing material is to block the sound coming from outside of the car, especially our car doors, back boot (spare tyre area) and floor.
yeah rite, buy vios j, go autofoam and lose ur warranty nod.gif
anyway, indirectly u r saying vios is cheaper and more quality than city? at that price, i humbly think a waja cps can score much much better than that of a vios.. be it in term of space, built material, active and passive safety, and engine power
+Quote Post
ARCH ANGEL 7
post Apr 3 2009, 02:28 AM

good.... go buy proton persona!!!
rm50 can go as far as 230km...
darn tera car!!!! super super regrat getting this car!!!!!
+Quote Post
oec88
post Apr 3 2009, 07:34 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Apr 3 2009, 12:52 AM)
yeah rite, buy vios j, go autofoam and lose ur warranty nod.gif
anyway, indirectly u r saying vios is cheaper and more quality than city? at that price, i humbly think a waja cps can score much much better than that of a vios.. be it in term of space, built material, active and passive safety, and engine power
Well, I also have good impression on the latest CPS Proton Waja, really a good car compare to some below RM100k Japanese and Korean car. If I'm not mistaken, what I heard from AutoFoam is apply AutoFoam material will not void your warranty because the AutoFoam is not insert to the area that have wiring. For more info please search for AutoFoam in Google.

I missed out some point there so mislead some of you that might think I say new Honda City is bad quality compare with Toyota Vios. Actually I dare not to comment on the quality of the new Honda City. What I mean is Vios and City, both are quality car but at least Vios is cheaper a lot than Honda City, so it's all about "money" issue.

Seriously, I really dare not to try the local made car anymore, my ride sometime gives me a lot of trouble, especially the interior issue. Engine and electronic parts are fine, it's just about the cheap hard plastic issue, rattling noise.

QUOTE(ARCH ANGEL 7 @ Apr 3 2009, 02:28 AM)
RM50 = 230km, in other hand RM100 = 460km? My Toyota Vios RM70 for a full tank (RM1.80 per litre) can goes up at least 550km and maximum 620km. whistling.gif

Once again, I would like to remind again. All cars are depend on how you drive them, then the fuel consumption result will appear.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 3 2009, 07:40 AM
+Quote Post
Intrigue
post Apr 3 2009, 08:28 AM

L O W Y A T E R

QUOTE(ARCH ANGEL 7 @ Apr 3 2009, 02:28 AM)
even my altis 1.8 go farther than that. Tried RM75 - 563KM (KL town and highway back to johore)
+Quote Post
chongkiatz
post Apr 3 2009, 08:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(oec88 @ Apr 2 2009, 11:51 PM)

i didn't show off how I-VTEC is powerful than VVT-I but he saying that the car is underpower and even sux.... that the point he force me to reply on this thread =D.....i not show off but in FACT I-VTEC is not UNDERPOWER than VIOS i'm sure.....i not going to compare the money ... my hand can't control my self to reply the "I FEEL CITY IS UNDERPOWER" ....zzzzzz....then how powerful is VIOS?

if u talking VIOS FC is better than CITY ... yes this one i hand up and the 1st person agree..but if u saying UNDERPOWER then sorry....this is totally tahi lembu....

p/s: i not anti-toyota.....my dad own a CARMY and yes i love to drive it too =D....

This post has been edited by chongkiatz: Apr 3 2009, 08:58 AM
+Quote Post
hazremi
post Apr 3 2009, 08:58 AM

1million people saved this avatar bcoz she's too cute!

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Apr 3 2009, 08:56 AM)
i didn't show off how I-VTEC is powerful than VVT-I but he saying that the car is underpower and even sux.... that the point he force me to reply on this thread =D.....i not show off but in FACT I-VTEC is not UNDERPOWER than VIOS i'm sure.....i not going to compare the money ... my hand can't control my self to reply the "I FEEL CITY IS UNDERPOWER" ....zzzzzz....then how powerful is VIOS?

if u talking VIOS FC is better than CITY ... yes this one i hand up and the 1st person agree..but if u saying UNDERPOWER then sorry....this is totally tahi lembu....
as long as it gives me a comfort ride.i'm happy enuff...
+Quote Post
chongkiatz
post Apr 3 2009, 09:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(hazremi @ Apr 3 2009, 08:58 AM)
as long as it gives me a comfort ride.i'm happy enuff...
ya...i know as long as a comfort ride u will be happy....what car also will fix you ....but this is not the point i wan to argue....read back this

QUOTE(blek @ Apr 2 2009, 10:42 PM)
vios is a good choice if u are getting new car. ya! da handling sux, cheapoo interior n poor soundproving.
but it better than new city! serious, i disapoint over da new city as my sis own 1. underpower, slow respond, worst interior(compare to last batch), limited room space(coz da dash board too bulky, with some cheapoo plastic)

notting interesting in new city except i-vtech!
i would like to take back my words "i not show off but in FACT I-VTEC is not UNDERPOWER than VIOS i'm sure"....because he saying it's underpower than previous gen city..sorry for my mistake.......

in fact the new city is heavy than the previous one....maybe pick up is not as powerful but when u drive until 60~70 then u will feel the different...but handling better than city doh.gif .... doh.gif

This post has been edited by chongkiatz: Apr 3 2009, 09:15 AM
+Quote Post
oec88
post Apr 3 2009, 10:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Apr 3 2009, 08:56 AM)

p/s: i not anti-toyota.....my dad own a CARMY and yes i love to drive it too =D....
There's one type of City that can have better fuel consumption compare to Vios, that's Honda City i-DSI. But then I'm wondering is Honda City i-DSI underpower since it's 80+hp?
+Quote Post
eileen7
post Apr 3 2009, 10:10 AM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(oec88 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:05 AM)
There's one type of City that can have better fuel consumption compare to Vios, that's Honda City i-DSI. But then I'm wondering is Honda City i-DSI underpower since it's 80+hp?
hey...u guys are talking so technical liao...i can only understand 50% of those info...hahaha. But anyway good for me also, i get to learn more in depth about cars....

oec88, do u hav any idea wat is the current trade in value for my Proton Saga LMST edition 2004?
+Quote Post
santaclaus
post Apr 3 2009, 11:19 AM

Getting Started

havent drove a vios b4 but from wat i c

1) may get cert from wwf for preserving wild nature n adopting the extinct dugong

2) saw from another thread but forgot which " rx8 cant compare with the mighty vios" flex.gif

+Quote Post
oec88
post Apr 3 2009, 11:35 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eileen7 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:10 AM)
hey...u guys are talking so technical liao...i can only understand 50% of those info...hahaha. But anyway good for me also, i get to learn more in depth about cars....

oec88, do u hav any idea wat is the current trade in value for my Proton Saga LMST edition 2004?
Sorry that I don't have any idea about trade value. I'm just a new learner who start to learn about car soundproofing system and also car around our street and world. You can search around the second hand car selling website through internet, example of those are www.carlist.my, Motor Trader.

If you don't understand deeper about the technical, yeah you can start to learn now. I'm a person who are care for the car comfort quality, that's why I explain how the AutoFoam and also soundproofing material works. A comfort car is not to make any noise inside the interior, less noise, more fun to drive. If you spend RM80k on a car and the car interior is not comfort as it keep make noise, worth? Even you think it's worth for money but at least you will feel that the rattling noise is really annoying.

"Biasa la local buat punye kereta". Even local made BMW and Mercedes-Benz also got problem.

Added on April 3, 2009, 11:38 am
QUOTE(santaclaus @ Apr 3 2009, 11:19 AM)
havent drove a vios b4 but from wat i c

1) may get cert from wwf for preserving wild nature n adopting the extinct dugong

2) saw from another thread but forgot which " rx8 cant compare with the mighty vios" flex.gif
Huh? Is that thread talk about the 500bhp Toyota Vios that from Johore state? I heard that it also publish to a car magazine too.

Seriously if you want to race, get a sport range car. Some people modify their car is just because of their hobby.

This post has been edited by oec88: Apr 3 2009, 11:42 AM
+Quote Post
hazremi
post Apr 3 2009, 12:21 PM

1million people saved this avatar bcoz she's too cute!

honestly, in terms of handling, i'd say proton handling is way better than toyota and honda.

but, what i'm looking is less hassle and good FC as well as comfort,cheaper maintenance..hence explains why vios is a popular car for malaysian.

This post has been edited by hazremi: Apr 3 2009, 12:21 PM
+Quote Post
chongkiatz
post Apr 3 2009, 01:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(oec88 @ Apr 3 2009, 10:05 AM)
i-dsi is not powerful for sure....but since he saying that his sister new city is underpower compared to his previous city.......so we just can compared now I-VTEC vs Previous V-TEC....I-DSI might have better FC than VIOS but VIOS stil win the FC if compared to Vtec/I-Vtec....

This post has been edited by chongkiatz: Apr 3 2009, 01:20 PM
+Quote Post
spiderwick
post Apr 3 2009, 11:23 PM

Getting Started

hi oec88,

thanks for the advice notworthy.gif

our hard-earned $ need to be well spent.. that's why we looking for a less hassle, reliable & comfortable car.

but i found that the back seats not comfy actually..what i mean is at the head rest area..duno why they want to make it bulge so big..when u lie on it like super hard and so big rclxub.gif

guys, how about the maintenance cost for vios??

thanks!
+Quote Post
finkl1
post Apr 4 2009, 12:46 AM

Casual

There is
J- manual
E- base model
G- extra accessories, eg: rear disc brakes
S- extra extra accessories than G.

Thread starter..., your choice depends on what suits your lifestyle and needs.
Have you test driven ONE yet?...if not...do so.
Then test other cars...Hyundai, Honda, Kia, Chevrolet, Proton, Nissan ...etc, and ask yourself in comparison.

On vios,
Fuel consumption- definately the J spec saves more fuel...manual
Most people get good FC from vios after the engine has run in, or after 2-4 service. Also depends on your driving style.

Maintenance wise. Vios is relatively cheap to maintain. Parts are in the region of Nissan. The 2008 version has ironed out most of the defects, and has one of the relative highest reliability in the JD Edwards survey....

Ride handling. My question is...what do u expect from the car?.
Of course you don't expect it to be sports car...and of course you don't expect it to go right when you turn left.
If you are asking if you can take corners at 110km/h++...then I suggest you get a sports car.
But I could probably just add that it is a tad bit better than owning korean cars or even to normal consumer expectation.

end of the day, you still need to test drive one.
anyone can tell you good or bad, but if you don't drive it...you can only imagine. No point dreaming.

+Quote Post
Travies
post Apr 4 2009, 01:07 AM

Regular

if u dun have high expectation on car then vios certainly suit u. get the J variant pretty good, spend some money on rims, HU, disc brake, spoiler would be nice. if u getting G or S variant, u may consider NHC lor, newer and higher tech.
+Quote Post

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0986sec    2.01    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:10 AM