Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

58 Pages « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion & Bootcamp, Discussion MultiOS digest guide MAC Only (MacOS X)

views

quadcube
post Nov 6 2014, 11:21 AM

Regular
1,511 posts

QUOTE(eikozai @ Nov 6 2014, 12:04 AM)
Thank you for your fast revert. The reason i'm running bootcamp is because i have complication on IP when running Win7Ulti via PD9. My workplace need us to plug in LAN, and download some kinda security software that will randomize the IP again upon successful connection to the software.

I'll try to link my PD9 to bootcamp partition this weekend, where i will have plenty of time to recover back shall there's any unwanted event happened biggrin.gif I'm more confidence with your successful sharing here. Thanks.
hmm...since the connection is shared with OS X,it would try to change OS X IP? sweat.gif never tried this before,usually i keep this two OS isolated except the file sharing and network sharing
sonerin
post Nov 9 2014, 12:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,093 posts

What will be the best option to run mac os and windows as dual boot?
moiskyrie
post Dec 18 2014, 04:49 PM

Regular
1,806 posts

have parallel desktop 9, but only after few month come new version....
so if version 10 worth to upgrade?
eikozai
post Dec 24 2014, 07:49 PM

787 posts

QUOTE(quadcube @ Nov 6 2014, 11:21 AM)
hmm...since the connection is shared with OS X,it would try to change OS X IP? sweat.gif never tried this before,usually i keep this two OS isolated except the file sharing and network sharing
Sorry for my late reply.
Yes, you can have individual source of internet for OSX and Parallel Desktop Virtual OS.
Just need to go this place configure the source of internet you want (as per attached photo below).Attached Image
So in this case, i have my OSX connect to the normal Wifi networks available, while my Parallel Desktop Win7 will be connecting via LAN to the private local network.

This post has been edited by eikozai: Dec 24 2014, 07:51 PM
ozone9
post Dec 28 2014, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
228 posts

I have instal paralel desktop on my mbp but unable to instal office to it and i keep getting error message ie setup cant find or validate an installation file..any solution?
thanks
streetfx
post Jan 24 2015, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

Using trial and its Freaking Awesome!
Townshend
post Jan 27 2015, 07:15 AM

Regular
1,677 posts

QUOTE(ozone9 @ Dec 28 2014, 05:16 PM)
I have instal paralel desktop on my mbp but unable to instal office to it and i keep getting error message ie setup cant find or validate an installation file..any solution?
thanks
Try using the tool in the link below

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9815935

Instructions on how to use it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2809219
odnilafaw
post Mar 19 2015, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Need help, I am trying to install windows 7 on parallel desktop 10 . but this keep occurring?
what should I do?

tried re-install parallel desktop. didn't work.

using bootable usb
odnilafaw
post Mar 19 2015, 10:04 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(odnilafaw @ Mar 19 2015, 02:23 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Need help, I am trying to install windows 7 on parallel desktop 10 . but this keep occurring?
what should I do?

tried re-install parallel desktop. didn't work.

using bootable usb
okay so what I did was using another iso file, apparently the bootable usb is not compatible or probably corrupted. So far everything run smoothly.

chokia
post Mar 24 2015, 06:48 PM

Chartered Member
3,617 posts

Boot Camp for 2015 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air Does Not Support Windows 7

user posted image

http://www.lowyat.net/2015/03/boot-camp-fo...orts-windows-7/
deity01
post Mar 27 2015, 11:59 AM

Enthusiast
800 posts

Hi, I have problem partitioning my macbook pro retina..can anyone help?

this is a brand new 2 weeks old machine, I wanted to install windows 8.1 pro on it, therefore i used bootcamp to do it..

but when i am trying to use bootcamp to partition the harddisk, no matter what is the partition size, it keep say it cannot do the partition since there are some large file that cannot be moved..anyone have any idea how can i fix it?

I dont believe it do not have enuf space for me to do partition as this is a brand new machine..besides the osx and all the default applications, the only application that I have installed is google chrome only..

is it because the hd is journeled, encrypted?

I have tried to turn of filevault, but it keep saying "encryption paused" when I plug in the power cable,

and it ask me to plug in the cable to resume the encrpytion when the power cable is not connected...

so funny..
astro85
post Apr 14 2015, 01:56 AM

Casual
402 posts

Anyone having this problem on boot camp ??? Cannot install window 7 now ... Herm ...
NoKusshon
post Apr 14 2015, 12:06 PM

Knowledge is Everything. Well Yeah.
1,383 posts

QUOTE(astro85 @ Apr 14 2015, 01:56 AM)
Anyone having this problem on boot camp ??? Cannot install window 7 now ... Herm ...
Where did you put your windows 7 ? did you follow all the instructions given by bootcamp apple to install windows? I never face that issues when trying to install it hmm.gif
astro85
post Apr 14 2015, 03:36 PM

Casual
402 posts

QUOTE(NoKusshon @ Apr 14 2015, 12:06 PM)
Where did you put your windows 7 ? did you follow all the instructions given by bootcamp apple to install windows? I never face that issues when trying to install it  hmm.gif
Main hard disk ... Boot from usb ... I follow all already ... But still same ...
attw
post Apr 28 2015, 07:55 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,210 posts

Hi all, which is the better option for running Mac OS and Windows 8.1 as dual boot (using Boot camp - will only use one at a time), a 8GB RAM 128GB SSD MBPr or a 4GB RAM 256GB SSD MBA?

Other hardware configurations cannot be considered due to budget constraints biggrin.gif
Townshend
post Apr 30 2015, 10:02 PM

Regular
1,677 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 28 2015, 07:55 PM)
Hi all, which is the better option for running Mac OS and Windows 8.1 as dual boot (using Boot camp - will only use one at a time), a 8GB RAM 128GB SSD MBPr or a 4GB RAM 256GB SSD MBA?

Other hardware configurations cannot be considered due to budget constraints biggrin.gif
You won't be running OS X and Windows 8.1 at the same time, right? So 4GB is enough (depending on what type of work you'll be doing).
I think MBA is a better choice due to that 256GB of space.

Now if you could upgrade that rMBP to 8GB+256GB, that would be perfect brows.gif. Anyway, if you are serious about using other OS on your Mac, get at least 256GB of storage space. Using 128GB SSD is possible, but you'll have a hard time managing it.
attw
post Apr 30 2015, 10:07 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,210 posts

QUOTE(Townshend @ Apr 30 2015, 10:02 PM)
You won't be running OS X and Windows 8.1 at the same time, right? So 4GB is enough (depending on what type of work you'll be doing).
I think MBA is a better choice due to that 256GB of space.

Now if you could upgrade that rMBP to 8GB+256GB, that would be perfect brows.gif. Anyway, if you are serious about using other OS on your Mac, get at least 256GB of storage space. Using 128GB SSD is possible, but you'll have a hard time managing it.
Web browsing and office work, no gaming or photo editing or programming of any sort smile.gif

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a 2014 MBA 13 with 256GB. rMBP suddenly so expensive and difficult to find a 2014 one retail..

Thanks for the input!
eikozai
post May 13 2015, 03:01 AM

787 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 30 2015, 10:07 PM)
Web browsing and office work, no gaming or photo editing or programming of any sort smile.gif

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a 2014 MBA 13 with 256GB. rMBP suddenly so expensive and difficult to find a 2014 one retail..

Thanks for the input!
I'm a 2013 max-BTO MBA user, utilizing both OSX and Windows.
I'll strongly advice to get the 8GB RAM for ur setup as Windows can be very memory hogging. You know u can't upgrade anything else later on the hardware, right?

I'm using 8GB RAM MBA, and bootcamp on Windows isn't a pleasure to use at all. It still lags, and opening a simple Excel file is really taking up some time, especially on the first launch upon reboot. The whole experience with bootcamp isn't pleasant at all.

Well, i'm using bootcamp due to some uncertainty on settings on my Parallel Desktop(PD) earlier, and now i'm back to using Windows from PD again.

My RAM usage will always exceed 6GB after launched Windows, even when i'm not doing anything or having any open apps in Windows from PD9. It spikes up to max when i'm having running apps on it. Although showing max RAM utilized, MBA is still providing me a very smooth experience, to be honest.

My advice here, top a lil bit for the 8GB RAM, so u won't regret it later, unless u got a deep pocket that allow you to upgrade a new one later.
attw
post May 13 2015, 03:58 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
21,210 posts

QUOTE(eikozai @ May 13 2015, 03:01 AM)
I'm a 2013 max-BTO MBA user, utilizing both OSX and Windows.
I'll strongly advice to get the 8GB RAM for ur setup as Windows can be very memory hogging. You know u can't upgrade anything else later on the hardware, right?

I'm using 8GB RAM MBA, and bootcamp on Windows isn't a pleasure to use at all. It still lags, and opening a simple Excel file is really taking up some time, especially on the first launch upon reboot. The whole experience with bootcamp isn't pleasant at all.

Well, i'm using bootcamp due to some uncertainty on settings on my Parallel Desktop(PD) earlier, and now i'm back to using Windows from PD again.

My RAM usage will always exceed 6GB after launched Windows, even when i'm not doing anything or having any open apps in Windows from PD9. It spikes up to max when i'm having running apps on it. Although showing max RAM utilized, MBA is still providing me a very smooth experience, to be honest.

My advice here, top a lil bit for the 8GB RAM, so u won't regret it later, unless u got a deep pocket that allow you to upgrade a new one later.
Arghh! Your advice is like a week too late, I've already jumped the gun and got a 4GB MBA. Havent installed Windows yet coz been busy with work at the moment. If I do install Windows using Bootcamp and it lags like you say it does, I can just remove it and undo the Bootcamp partition right?
eikozai
post May 13 2015, 07:46 PM

787 posts

QUOTE(attw @ May 13 2015, 03:58 PM)
Arghh! Your advice is like a week too late, I've already jumped the gun and got a 4GB MBA. Havent installed Windows yet coz been busy with work at the moment. If I do install Windows using Bootcamp and it lags like you say it does, I can just remove it and undo the Bootcamp partition right?
Yes, you can remove the Bootcamp later if you doesn't want to keep it biggrin.gif No problem at all..

All you need is Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp Assistant are packs with all the drivers you need.
Everything is pretty straight forward, from installing Windows, creating partition and also removed the partition and bootcamp when u deemed useless later. Hehe.. biggrin.gif

Bear in mind, latest version MacBook's Boot Camp Assistant will only support for Windows 8 and above, so if u're most likely going to use Windows 7 or any lower, then u'll have to google around already.

This post has been edited by eikozai: May 13 2015, 07:47 PM

58 Pages « < 53 54 55 56 57 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0867sec    2.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 08:52 AM