Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bandar Damai Utama , Bandar Kinrara, Need advice ..

c26
post Mar 19 2009, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi,

Anyone of you know about Bandar Damai Utama , Bandar Kinrara, Puchong? It is near Kinrara Golf Club, Giant Kinrara and Puncak Jalil. The houses are completed with CF and it is a new housing area, Phase 1.

Here are the details:
Property Type: 2-sty Terrace/Link
Tenure: Leasehold
Land Area: 22X75
Built-Up: 2100 Square Feet
Asking Price: RM330,000.00
Price psf RM157.14 per sq.ft.
Bedrooms: 5
Bathrooms: 4
Situated: Intermediate Unit

I felt like it is quite worth it coz it has 5Bedrooms and 4 Bathrooms and it is Phase 1. They are developimg the Phase 2 now and so on.

Questions:
1) Bandar Damai Utama is next to Puncak Jalil , but Puncak Jalil house is ard RM200K-230K only. So, which one is better/ worth to buy?

2) Bandar Damai Utama is near the Kinrara Golf Club, so the house value will increase in future?

3) Now, they only has 2 exit , one is go thru Kinrara, another one is using TPM road. My friend told me that the TPM road there is very jam in the morning and evening . Is it really that jam?

Hope can get advice / suggestion from LYN forumer. Thanks in advance. smile.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pai
post Mar 19 2009, 06:15 PM

~ Billionaire in training ~
Group: Senior Member

think if u really wanna invest in landed props, get a freehold one.
+Quote Post
c26
post Mar 20 2009, 01:20 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Pai @ Mar 19 2009, 06:15 PM)
think if u really wanna invest in landed props, get a freehold one.
Hi Pai,
Thanks for ur reply.

Actually, i plan to buy and stay and not for investment. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Pai
post Mar 20 2009, 10:04 AM

QUOTE(c26 @ Mar 20 2009, 01:20 AM)
Hi Pai,
Thanks for ur reply.

Actually, i plan to buy and stay and not for investment. tongue.gif
same advise apply, and all the more reason u need to get a FH property.
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Mar 20 2009, 11:11 AM

Regular

Hi Pai,

correct me if I am wrong, I tot I read somewhere stating that even a structure (house or condo) built on LH land, the structure still does not belong to the owner and at the end of the day, the owner end-up getting nothing (losing the land and house) after the lease tunure expired..

In other words, when we pay RM300k for a leasehold house, we are merely paying "rent" in advance for 99 years?
+Quote Post
Pai
post Mar 20 2009, 02:37 PM

Eugene, think u r right.
+Quote Post
gamenoob
post Mar 20 2009, 03:12 PM

Casual

if its 99 years lease, that is almost 2 workable generation. Say you 40 years now, you kid will still have the properties until they are 90yrs old! even your grandkid will be 60yrs old! There is only so much you can do!

Sometime we think too far ahead! While its good to have FH properties, you need to look around that township and what you really need.

Its surrounded by Kinrara township which are 100% FH. For 300K, you only buying an intermediate 20x70 with 1600 BU house that is 10 yrs old. 22x75 will cost close to 450-550k range. Sure, it won't appreciate as much as FH unit, but still its a bargain! Where as those BK owner paying close to 500K may not see the appreciations like those unit where its sold at 300k!

So ask yourself, if you can enjoy the perks of kinrara residents ie great access to town/Cyberjaya/Seri Kembangan/OKR/USJ/IOI mall, Giant, etc and yet only 12km from Mega Mall.... for only Rm330k... its a bargain!
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Mar 20 2009, 04:05 PM

Regular

IMHO.. its always good to think for long term.. how many of ppl will stay in the same place for tat long with so many housing development mushrooming.. statistically, how many of the next gen would want to stay back at their parents place nowadays..

Bank will not loan leasehold prop if its tunure less than 60 years.. resell value will be low..

In future, sometimes we need to refinance our house to cash out equity or cash out for emergency use.. House as an asset will come in very handy..

Not to forget, if you buy the house using loan, after serving the housing loan for 20 or 30 years, you might had paid for 2 houses.. While freehold prop still holds the value and appreciate, leasehold prop will not hold that much value and at the end of the day, there is left nothing after paying RM600k..

You sell it low and make a lose while other ppl stay in freehold houses sell them make a profit..

Its a bargain now, but always think long term IMHO..
+Quote Post
livingmonolith
post Mar 20 2009, 04:34 PM

while i agree that freehold properties are worth much more (for obvious reasons isn't it?), i don't totally reject leaseholds especially if it's a good buy. of course we have to think long term, but as to think as far as 80-90 years ahead is a bit too much for me though.

i'd go for a property if all my personal requirement boxes are ticked. freehold to me is a bonus. smile.gif and it applies to both my ownstay or investment.

and having said that, i consider the investment values too for a property i buy for ownstay. let's be real, i don't think i'm not going to stay in the same home for my next 80 years, if i live that long. wink.gif
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Mar 20 2009, 04:44 PM

Regular

no problem.. sharing is caring biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Pai
post Mar 20 2009, 04:47 PM

Guys,

Bottomline, while FH properties will cost you a 20% premium, can offer you better prospects on :

1. Subsale prices.
2. Refinance value
3. Larger pool of buyers
4. Constant appreciation

You'll have more options in the future and I'll echo what Eugene said......think long term smile.gif
+Quote Post
mouldybread
post Mar 20 2009, 04:57 PM

Casual

seems the topic should be 'Freehold Vs Leasehold'
anyway, getting freehold while attracting is not so easy in some parts of malaysia, in sabah i dont think the new apartments/condos issue any freehold status anymore. also i heard from another forumer from kuching that the new leasehold is issued at 60years only...

correct me if wrong
+Quote Post
eugene jk
post Mar 20 2009, 05:01 PM

Regular

QUOTE(livingmonolith @ Mar 20 2009, 04:34 PM)
while i agree that freehold properties are worth much more (for obvious reasons isn't it?), i don't totally reject leaseholds especially if it's a good buy. of course we have to think long term, but as to think as far as 80-90 years ahead is a bit too much for me though.

Actually, you dun hav to look as far as 80 - 90 years.. just look when the Lease tunure is less than 60 years (that will be 30 or 40 years down the road), reselling and refinancing will be tough.. Not to mention, transfer to ownership will take twice the period of a normal process..

IMHO.. I would buy leasehold for a prop for generating rental income with positive cash flow(such as commercial units like shoplot with good location).. Good Commercial location will hold the value for very long.. on top serving the loan every month, I can have positive income as well.. After 99 years, I dont even care whether I am still owning the property or not, bcos I had earned enough for the past 99 years (if I ever life that long tongue.gif)..

For own stay purpose, you will never get rental income and only able to gain from reselling or refinancing.. my 2 cents smile.gif

This post has been edited by eugene jk: Mar 20 2009, 05:04 PM
+Quote Post
livingmonolith
post Mar 20 2009, 05:20 PM

QUOTE(eugene jk @ Mar 20 2009, 05:01 PM)
IMHO.. I would buy leasehold for a prop for generating rental income with positive cash flow(such as commercial units like shoplot with good location).. Good Commercial location will hold the value for very long.. on top serving the loan every month, I can have positive income as well.. After 99 years, I dont even care whether I am still owning the property or not, bcos I had earned enough for the past 99 years (if I ever life that long tongue.gif)..
and that's the reason why i purchase leaseholds. smile.gif

i think there are way too many aspects to look into when buying properties, especially so if buying for investment. free- or leasehold is one criterion, but it doesn't rank at the top of my priority list, but perhaps it's because i 'generally' look for rental incomes and not subsale profit. personally, if i'm going to hold on to a property for 20-30 years, it's quite obvious i'm not looking for the profit i'll make when i sell it.

but then again, that's just me, can't say for the majority though. smile.gif
+Quote Post
gamenoob
post Mar 20 2009, 05:48 PM

Casual

Coming back on the discussion, the development is new, I believe it has at least 95yrs left.

Obviously there are pros and cons, and each of them come with cost be it LH or FH. And all point raised everyone is valid.

As long as you do your research well and weighted all your oppty cost vs your capability and objective, there is nothing wrong with LH. If every one just say go with FH only, then we might as well ignore such properties completely!

C26 is wondering if he should consider the above properties and as I have said, its not too bad of an option. He may loose out capital appreciation, but he also have lower acquisition cost. He may have less selling option but he can go with lower selling price too due to lower entry cost and there will be buyer who in same situation 10-15yrs down the road! Yes, then we get into bank not willing to give loan bla bla! Its never end!

+Quote Post
Pai
post Mar 20 2009, 06:54 PM

For rental income purpose, I'll defo consider LH, heck my 1st property was a LH one and its giving me good rentals to date.

However, for own stay, it makes ZERO sense to buy a LH when there's FH properties selling within the same vicinity as well. Unless the HF property cost at least 30% more premium........then one shouldnt even consider.

Anyway, just look at historical prices and you can see that FH always outperform LH properties by 100%-200%, despite costing only slightly more. Again, always think longer term and try to avoid instant gratification. It pays to do that.......... smile.gif

+Quote Post
livingmonolith
post Mar 20 2009, 10:01 PM

QUOTE(Pai @ Mar 20 2009, 06:54 PM)
However, for own stay, it makes ZERO sense to buy a LH when there's FH properties selling within the same vicinity as well. Unless the HF property cost at least 30% more premium........then one shouldnt even consider.
pai kor,

totally agree if there's similar developments nearby which are FH and at reasonably competitive prices. smile.gif

however i'm not too familiar with kinrara area and the new landed developments around there though.
+Quote Post
c26
post Mar 21 2009, 11:21 AM

Getting Started

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback and opinion.
I am very agree with livingmonolith " while i agree that freehold properties are worth much more (for obvious reasons isn't it?), i don't totally reject leaseholds especially if it's a good buy. of course we have to think long term, but as to think as far as 80-90 years ahead is a bit too much for me though."

Yes, everybody is looking for FL instead of LH. But what i have noticed is most of the premier locations are LH, such as Alam Damai and Sri Petaling.
I have a friend staying in Alam Damai, he told me that last time he bought the house was ard RM450K(corner lot) 4 years ago. Last week, his neighbour sold RM650K (Original house, never do renovation). So, what i'm thinking is if we buy LH house which is first hand , meaning we still can enjoy til 90years .If we buy second hand, maybe we only can enjoy the 50-60 years, then maybe not worth it.

Anywhere very appreciate the information about the FH vs LH . smile.gif

+Quote Post
gamenoob
post Mar 21 2009, 11:34 AM

Casual

That is the problem with Bandar Damai Utama... its the only LH within a FH township... although the developer Mahajaya(?) may have a bigger land parcel heading toward puncak Jalil. This DU is right in the smack of BK higher value properties area is golf course, Semi D area...

No such precedence thus far in BK. For same size house in BK, used one with 5-8yrs old is asking close to 500k.. the newer one is above is 500k! Quite pricey.

+Quote Post
c26
post Mar 21 2009, 11:56 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gamenoob @ Mar 21 2009, 11:34 AM)
That is the problem with Bandar Damai Utama... its the only LH within a FH township... although the developer Mahajaya(?) may have a bigger land parcel heading toward puncak Jalil. This DU is right in the smack of BK higher value properties area is golf course, Semi D area...

No such precedence thus far in BK. For same size house in BK, used one with 5-8yrs old is asking close to 500k.. the newer one is above is 500k! Quite pricey.
So, i think coz of LH , and DU is selling cheaper compare with BK which is FH properties.
But, what i am concerned is the traffic there, is it very jam in the morning and after working hours?
Actually, i feel it is a bit far from the main road (Giant Kinrara)
+Quote Post
babymilo83
post Mar 22 2009, 02:18 PM

Getting Started

I went to DU yesterday. Have visited the show unit. Phase 1 already sold out but there are some "investors" are letting go few units. (price around 338k-345k). The distance from DU main entrance (from guard house) to main road (Bkt Jalil) is 3.4km. It's a straight road and currently traffic is smooth. Right opposite road of DU is those NICE semi-Ds. (I wish I can afford a unit tongue.gif ).
Right in front of DU is "Symphony", another nice DSL.
Overall the surrounding is good......
In the DU "town" itself a few rows of shoplots are under constructions.

However, I personally don't really like the design of DU and the finishing quality has back me off.

Some pixc I've taken yesterday....

This post has been edited by babymilo83: Mar 22 2009, 02:25 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
chris.lkf
post Mar 24 2009, 02:57 PM

Group: New Member

Dear guys,

This is a topic about Bdr Damai Utama but it's like a FH VS LH!!! Can some owners share their views here like the quality of houses, facilities, etc??

FYI guys, i don't see any problem with LH.
Just to share some info......you guys sure know about Tropicana, PJ / Tmn TAR, Ampang / Lake Edge, Puchong/ and many more.....
All these are LH and the prices falls in the range of millions and still there's demand for such LH.
+Quote Post
YJ...
post Mar 25 2009, 09:18 AM

Getting Started

I went to Bdr Damai Utama last weekend and visited the show unit. The design and finishing is not really nice in my opinion, as compared to those developed by I&P.

The new houses at BK9 looks very nice, will be ready at around August. Its call SPEKTRA but unfortunately there are no units left. That would be my dream place, provided its less than 350K, which is quite impossible i think giving that its freehold.

However Im worried that there are several condos coming up (Zest, Mas) that will crowd the Kinrara traffic light, which also serves as the u-turn place for people in puncak jalil. Its a bottle neck.

I know nobody likes Talam, but I personally think Puncak Jalil may be a good buy giving the price at RM200k for double storey landed. Even if its leasehold, its still very cheap. Where can you find a landed property for rm200k in KL anymore? Now that the entrance road beside SIRIM is open, its rather near and i believe the infrastructures will slowly be better. What do you guys think?
+Quote Post
rescuedual
post Aug 11 2009, 09:52 PM

Getting Started

Well just check with one of the 1 of the owner & was told the original price is only RM245,500, now ard RM330 - RM345 with 96 or more years leasehold time. Personally i think for short term stay or investment is quite good, say for 5-8 yrs also heard the future Kinrara LRT will be nearby. The neighboorhood is very good for own stay coz lots of green - forest reserve is just opposite, golf course nearby is another plus point, Giant just 5 min drive, Tesco & IOI Mall 15 min drive, large built up but poor quality so need to spend some $$ for renovation. Overall very positive & after say 5 - 8 yrs later expect to appreciate to RM420.
+Quote Post
untouchable
post Aug 13 2009, 11:37 PM

Casual

If this is your 1st house i would say go for it

Im sure everyone one day will be aiming to shift to bigger and better houses

so LH for short term/1st/2nd home would be good.

but a no no if ure thinking of keeping the house for the long long loooong run
+Quote Post
rescuedual
post Aug 18 2009, 10:41 AM

Getting Started

Agreed & since the surrounding area in BK5, BK6, BK9 DSL selling well above RM430.

Anyone selling the Hening opposite Kinrara Golf Club?
+Quote Post
zoomckng
post Feb 11 2010, 04:32 PM

Getting Started

i just bought a unit in DU, phase 3. price ok la 370k. 5 rooms 4 bath. QC is not the best bcos of the nature of this development. my sister also bought a unit, 2half storey 450k.

DU story goes:

developer wanted to build houses here, so instead of buying land from landowner, they went thru some kind of JV. when completed, the developer will award all landowners with 3 units of houses. 1 each from each phase. these will be the intermediate units, 2-storey ones.

the corner and 2nd units, which are 2-half storeys, developers will sell to buyers. same goes i think to the shoplots, etc. Bcos of this JV, the developer skimped abit on the QC and materials. that explains the lower price tag i think.

think for future house buyer, u cant find a double storey house as big as this with this price tag. QC is abit on the rough part, but money saved can used abit on the reno.

initially wanted buy hening, but those r like over 550k range. sad.gif

they coming out with phase 4 now, got show units completed soon, all can go hav a look. much better QC than current DU phases.

all in got nothing much to complain. puncak jalil houses value not so good, scared future when wan sell bit tough. DU area is nearby BK6, those houses hav higher value, so price will definite go up.

just my feedback. thanks smile.gif
+Quote Post
kee1
post Feb 11 2010, 08:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zoomckng @ Feb 11 2010, 04:32 PM)
i just bought a unit in DU, phase 3. price ok la 370k. 5 rooms 4 bath. QC is not the best bcos of the nature of this development. my sister also bought a unit, 2half storey 450k.

DU story goes:

developer wanted to build houses here, so instead of buying land from landowner, they went thru some kind of JV. when completed, the developer will award all landowners with 3 units of houses. 1 each from each phase. these will be the intermediate units, 2-storey ones.

the corner and 2nd units, which are 2-half storeys, developers will sell to buyers. same goes i think to the shoplots, etc. Bcos of this JV, the developer skimped abit on the QC and materials. that explains the lower price tag i think.

think for future house buyer, u cant find a double storey house as big as this with this price tag. QC is abit on the rough part, but money saved can used abit on the reno.

they coming out with phase 4 now, got show units completed soon, all can go hav a look. much better QC than current DU phases.

all in got nothing much to complain. puncak jalil houses value not so good, scared future when wan sell bit tough. DU area is nearby BK6, those houses hav higher value, so price will definite go up.

went and look at the houses too
very spacious
design not bad

the one and only setback - the status of the land
+Quote Post
yunalesca
post Feb 12 2010, 07:23 PM

On my way

do u really think the govt is gonna take back the land and force the houseowners homeless when lease expired? there will surely be many pissed off voters !!! vmad.gif

anybody know of any example where owners are removed when lease expired in msia?
+Quote Post
zoomckng
post Feb 19 2010, 10:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yunalesca @ Feb 12 2010, 07:23 PM)
do u really think the govt is gonna take back the land and force the houseowners homeless when lease expired? there will surely be many pissed off voters !!!  vmad.gif

anybody know of any example where owners are removed when lease expired in msia?
+1 smile.gif
+Quote Post
cody99
post Feb 19 2010, 12:01 PM

Enthusiast

been there too.
Very nice environment.
The only drawback is the QC and LH title.

Understand last transaction is around 370~380k
+Quote Post
Tohsan
post Feb 19 2010, 12:14 PM

Regular

IMHO the only drawback are the land status and the price, for the similar price range and freehold status I will opt for Taman Wawasan which is 5 minutes drive to IOI Malls, IOI Boulevard, Giant as well as Tesco and the "Heaven of Food Area" Bandar Puteri. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tohsan: Feb 19 2010, 12:14 PM
+Quote Post
cody99
post Feb 19 2010, 01:14 PM

Enthusiast

Tmn Wawasan quite matured already right?
> 10 years?
+Quote Post
zoomckng
post Feb 19 2010, 05:14 PM

Getting Started

DU area is less congested, still got some greens in the surrounding. but yea QC abit on rough side, but its cheap. cant really find house at this location and with this size.

expect it to hit 400k in few mth time. remember those houses belongs mostly to landowners, they can wait for market to be better priced.

i have to go thru 3 diff seller b4 securing a unit. the first 2 cancel the deals and asked for higher price. think this was due to lack of education in them biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Tohsan
post Feb 19 2010, 07:07 PM

Regular

QUOTE(cody99 @ Feb 19 2010, 01:14 PM)
Tmn Wawasan quite matured already right?
> 10 years?
Still u can't beat the surrounding of Wawasan with so many shopping center and near by to Bandar Puteri, if u wanna talk about convenient, Damai still lose out to Wawasan. It's freehold btw.

This post has been edited by Tohsan: Feb 19 2010, 07:08 PM
+Quote Post
gamenoob
post Feb 20 2010, 05:37 PM

Casual

If one can handle the traffic in front of IOI mall leading to Wawasan or BPP, by all means. They may have so called convenience but no where near the green, serene, and quietness of Kinrara area.

Got friend move to Putra Height and BPP and now cursing by the day when the traffic is just horrendous right after Sunway toll heading toward Puchong and no better in the morning heading toward PJ.
+Quote Post
AiRseaL
post Feb 20 2010, 11:03 PM

Getting Started

just wana highlight tat there are still posiblilities of a highway connecting subang to kajang which will pass by the forest reserved and also around DU area.. somehow the space they left bhind BK5 and the width of the road in DU convince me on this.. after all,, if you look at selangor master plan,, it memang will pass by DU..
+Quote Post
driftmeister
post Feb 21 2010, 12:23 AM

Penggadai Rakyat®

QUOTE(zoomckng @ Feb 11 2010, 04:32 PM)

DU story goes:

when did u bought?
the value appreciate quite fast huh... not bad tongue.gif

bought mine in June @ 320k
+Quote Post
Tohsan
post Feb 21 2010, 06:51 AM

Regular

QUOTE(gamenoob @ Feb 20 2010, 05:37 PM)
If one can handle the traffic in front of IOI mall leading to Wawasan or BPP, by all means. They may have so called convenience but no where near the green, serene, and quietness of Kinrara area.

Got friend move to Putra Height and BPP and now cursing by the day when the traffic is just horrendous right after Sunway toll heading toward Puchong and no better in the morning heading toward PJ.
All the horrific traffic are due to the lousy planning by the government compounded by all the blood sucking tolls, we really can't do much. Each township for a certain period of time will enjoy "less traffic" until the time when development really pickup then you will see people start complaining about traffic jam.
+Quote Post
kee1
post Feb 22 2010, 12:07 AM

Getting Started

[quote=zoomckng,Feb 19 2010, 10:22 AM]
+1 smile.gif

[/quote

yeah if you cant afford a new house in BK, DU or even PK Jalil is a good alternative
unless you wait for some one to sell the older BK5 /BK4 units , and that also for a 20 X 70 will cost you about RM300 - 350K

But traffic out of BK into the BJ express way is ridiculous nowadays, even at 7 am, all because of that traffic light at the Bomba junction and all those cars out from Puncak Jalil making that illegal u-turn. I wonder if from BK5, I take the back road and make that u turn as well, woul dit be better? any one tried it?

and can you imagine if you are staying in wawasan or BP, sweat.gif
I guess it's better they take the KESAS to get to the MEX to go to KL...better for all the BK residents

what is the extra RM2.20 toll when they can afford to stay in BP....wa lau weh ..mor ethan half a million intermediate terrace house! Fuyooooooo......

no talk..no laugh..
no offence
dont take it too personal smile.gif
+Quote Post
trojant
post Feb 22 2010, 01:12 AM

Casual

[quote=kee1,Feb 22 2010, 01:07 AM]
+1 smile.gif

[/quote
yeah if you cant afford a new house in BK, DU or even PK Jalil is a good alternative
unless you wait for some one to sell the older BK5 /BK4 units , and that also for a 20 X 70 will cost you about RM300 - 350K

But traffic out of BK into the BJ express way is ridiculous nowadays, even at 7 am, all because of that traffic light at the Bomba junction and all those cars out from Puncak Jalil making that illegal u-turn. I wonder if from BK5, I take the back road and make that u turn as well, woul dit be better? any one tried it?

I guess it's better they take the KESAS to get to the MEX to go to KL...better for all the BK residents

what is the extra RM2.20 toll when they can afford to stay in BP....wa lau weh ..mor ethan half a million intermediate terrace house! Fuyooooooo......

no talk..no laugh..
no offence

[/quote]

to be exact... the jam towards BJ starts from Giant/Shell. so even if travel from wawasan or BP or even BK5, the bottleneck is still starts from Giant/Shell.
Apart from distance, if looking at traffic jam perspective, there is no difference if u are from wawasan or BP or even BK5.
+Quote Post
Tohsan
post Feb 22 2010, 10:42 AM

Regular

[quote=kee1,Feb 22 2010, 12:07 AM]
+1 smile.gif

no talk..no laugh..
no offence

[/quote]

RM2.20 nowadays mean nothing, can't even get u a decent plate of wanton mee laugh.gif, i usually pay the rm2.20 toll to beat the traffic to go down to kl, easier on my car fuel consumption and maintenance too.

Still BPP house cannot beat the skyrocket premium paid by some rich owner of Bukit Jalil condo which cost RM670k for a 1k plus square condo for something in the sky laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Tohsan: Feb 22 2010, 10:42 AM
+Quote Post
lygoh
post Jun 10 2010, 04:01 PM

Group: New Member

Hello,

anyone facing problem with house in Tmn Damai Utama like roof leaking? How bad was it, and how was fixed?

Thanks!
+Quote Post
HW-Racer
post Jun 11 2010, 10:58 PM

Enthusiast

heard the quality at damai utama suck big time....some of the things are not easy to repair !!!
+Quote Post
zoomckng
post Jul 30 2010, 12:05 AM

Getting Started

hi guys, for those who say damai utame houses are not that good. pls read the news below biggrin.gif

http://www.iproperty.com.my/news/2301/Mah-...-JV-in-Kinrara-

Mah Sing enters JV in Kinrara
Jul 17, 2010
Mah Sing via its wholly-owned subsidiary Grand Prestige Development Sdn Bhd recently signed a joint-venture agreement with Mahajaya Berhad's subsidiary Medan Damai Sdn Bhd for the development of approximately 13.2 acres of land in Kinrara. As the developer, Mah Sing intends to rebrand the on-going mixed development known as Taman Damai Utama into a Residence Development boasting lush greenery and trend-setting layouts in a gated and guarded environment.

The land, owned by Medan Damai is a matured development with more than 600 units of 2 and 2 ½ storey terrace houses already sold and handed over. The commercial portion comprising more than 100 units of terrace shop and offices are also fully sold except for the bumiputra units. "This is an opportune joint venture for Mah Sing to replicate our success in Perdana Residence 2 in Selayang and Garden Residence in Cyberjaya where we saw very good sales due to the good location, strong concept and value proposition backed by our Mah Sing brand," said Mah Sing Group Berhad's Group Managing Director cum Group Chief Executive Tan Sri Dato' Sri Leong Hoy Kum. Launched in April 2010, 53 units of the 180 units of terrace houses have been sold to date. The land has a gross development value of RM100 million.

6 months already went up 100k. crazy market. they r goin to rename damai utama to Kinrara Residence. Mahsing flyers are all around the taman. They r calling it Premier Lifestyle Kinrara smile.gif

Added on July 30, 2010, 12:06 amreally didnt expect this to happen. guess area with unexploded ww2 japanese bombs r hot with property developers LoL

This post has been edited by zoomckng: Jul 30 2010, 12:06 AM
+Quote Post
McCoy
post May 30 2012, 06:30 PM

Emerald is a FREEHOLD Development at BK8, exclusively located within the vicinity of the luxury Bungalows and Semi-Ds, nearby amenities including Golf Course, Schools, Police Stations, Giants, Restaurants & Shops, proposed LRT stations, etc.

Property Highlights:
- Huge Living Hall and good kitchen size.
- Car porch to park two cars.
- Auto-Gate, Alarm System and 3 phase wiring included.
- Big Masterbedroom.
- Quality finishes. Solid timber flooring. Clay roof tiles.
- Main doors and room doors are solid doors.
- Light stainless steel for Roof Structures.
- Soaring ceiling heights at Family Hall good for ventilation.

Near to public amenities such as shopping malls(Giant,Tesco,IOI mall),schools(SRJK@Yak Chee,SJK(T)Kinrara. Easy access via Bkt Jalil-Puchong Highway to Technology Park Malaysia (TPM), Old Klang Road, OUG, Happy Garden, Sri Petaling, Bkt Jalil, Puchong, Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya and Seri Kembangan. IOI Mall, Tesco, Sunway Pyramid, Bukit Jalil Recreation Park are within minutes’ drive. Future development will include more schools, shops, police station and a health centre&future LRT as well!!
Property Type:2-sty Terrace/Link House
Tenure:Freehold
Title Type:Individual
Land Area:22x75 sq. ft.
Built-Up:2,433 sq. ft.
Asking PriceRM 850,000
Asking Price psf :RM 303.32
Bedrooms:4
Bathrooms:4
Unit type:Intermediate
Occupancy:Vacant
Furnishing:Unfurnished
Facing Direction:West
Posted Date:05/03/2012
Facilities:Playground, 24hr Security

rm850k only

PM if interested

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rayod
post May 31 2012, 09:21 AM

QUOTE(c26 @ Mar 19 2009, 05:42 PM)
Hi,

Anyone of you know about Bandar Damai Utama , Bandar Kinrara, Puchong? It is near Kinrara Golf Club, Giant Kinrara and Puncak Jalil. The houses are completed with CF and it is a new housing area, Phase 1.

Here are the details: 
Property Type:  2-sty Terrace/Link 
Tenure:  Leasehold 
Land Area:  22X75 
Built-Up:  2100 Square Feet 
Asking Price:  RM330,000.00 
Price psf  RM157.14 per sq.ft. 
Bedrooms:  5 
Bathrooms:  4 
Situated:  Intermediate Unit 

I felt like it is quite worth it coz it has 5Bedrooms and 4 Bathrooms and it is Phase 1. They are developimg the Phase 2 now and so on.

Questions:
1) Bandar Damai Utama is next to Puncak Jalil , but Puncak Jalil house is ard RM200K-230K only. So, which one is better/ worth to buy?

2) Bandar Damai Utama is near the Kinrara Golf Club, so the house value will increase in future?

3) Now, they only has 2 exit , one is go thru Kinrara, another one is using TPM road. My friend told me that the TPM road there is very jam in the morning and evening . Is it really that jam?

Hope can get advice / suggestion from LYN forumer. Thanks in advance. smile.gif
Master title?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1016sec    1.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:14 AM