Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University HOW HARD is ACCA and WHY?, ACCA is hard?? need to know ..

views

Topace111
post May 29 2010, 07:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

ACCA true difficulty lies in professional papers, no more exemptions as a degree can only exempt up to all fundamental papers (max). Hence acca given full license to notch up the difficulty of the paper in here to fail and filter out undeserving students (namely those photocopy or brute force). Pass rate will normally be around 30% to 40% here (inclusive of those retaking it).

ACCA is not difficult as in requires you to memorize everything. if you are good in bluffing, means you can act and answer AS THOUGH you know although you know next to nothing which is itself an essential skill in real life too. 2 of the 3 core papers, you can bluff all the way through without even reading the text book.

Text book is actually useless as it was based on the past (past questions) but the exam papers always based on future (something never tested before or new stuffs).

Just a brief preview.
Topace111
post Jun 9 2010, 07:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(ThanatosSwiftfire @ Jun 9 2010, 03:28 PM)
acca is easy.
Ha ha ha, couldn't stop laughing thumbup.gif (ya la superstar ma).
But i think it should be something like this, "ACCA is simple but not easy to study".

Added on June 9, 2010, 7:15 pm
QUOTE(aaron1kee @ Jun 9 2010, 02:01 PM)
Indeed it saves a lot of time. But u'll have to sacrifice a huge part of your college life for studies. biggrin.gif Anyways I find my ACCA quite interesting. It's up to you to balance up studies and leisure.

Anyways, if u've completed your degree you're exempted from F lvl. U'll proceed straight into Professional paper. 5 papers & u're a chartered accountant subject to working experience.
ACCA never bother HOW you study so you can even skip college (something I really like to do).
I knew this dude that never go college for acca and purely self study, so he hangs out every week (enjoy life), go vacation for months then revise a bit and still pass. But he is matured student la.

This post has been edited by Topace111: Jun 9 2010, 07:15 PM
Topace111
post Jun 11 2010, 11:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

ACCA fun comes when case study comes into play. Can bluff all the way.

Topace111
post Jun 12 2010, 03:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

If you can handle the transition from asian style of education to the western one should be ok to handle acca.
Asian style is the "machine gun" type. Shooting countless bullets and hope to hit some at the target.
Western style is the "sniper" type. One shot one kill.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:22 AM