Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

about NTU admission requirement., need some help here.

views

Throk
post May 12 2009, 12:18 PM

14 posts

Even for Business and Engineering, it is debatable whether NUS or NTU is better... There are pros and cons of each.

And since NUS is better in other faculties, so why not go NUS hahah (sinice you have an opportunity to take classes from Biz and Arts and Science even if you're an Engin student)

I may be biased though, I'm a going-to-be-3rd-year NUS student from Engineering tongue.gif

Throk
post May 13 2009, 12:09 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(wgy589 @ May 12 2009, 08:06 PM)
hey, u staying in campus next sem? do u know of anyone planning for off campus accomodation? i'm just looking for one in the coming sem. sry TS it's a bit off topic. laugh.gif
Sry tread hijack tongue.gif I am staying on-campus next sem, luckily managed to get it. Among my friends I know of one girl looking for off-campus accom... Not sure whether she's found it yet or not though. In any case, good luck with your search!

@pinknotebook
Hi! smile.gif Accepted into FASS? Don't close your mind to other majors yet... Got many avenues to explore in that faculty!
Throk
post May 13 2009, 06:11 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(pinknotebook @ May 13 2009, 03:45 PM)
Hello Throk! smile.gif Yes I was accepted into FASS! rclxm9.gif

Haha, yes frankly I was interested in 4 different majors - Sociology, Social Work, South East Asian Studies and English . But Sociology seemed to be most flexible career wise. They have many, many  interesting modules too biggrin.gif

I read somewhere that we(FASS students) have to choose our Majors first though, prior to registration for CORS.

And speaking of CORS, I read the website through and still feel very confused about the system. Furthermore there wasn't any deeper explanation on the modules provided sad.gif so i don't know how to even start choosing when all i have is the module title xD

Also blur about CAPS system! rclxub.gif haha, so much to learn and get used to.

Oh and last but not least - Since you are a senior in NUS, will you be attending the welcome tea session later this month? smile.gif
It's good to see a Malaysian interested in other stuff at FASS besides econs (no offense to amdphenom tongue.gif). As he says though, you have about a year to decide your major IINM. First year FASS students take various exposure (introductory) modules from the many depts in FASS. I myself have tried English, English Lit, Philosophy, and Econs. I'm not sure about the career flexibility of FASS majors though haha tongue.gif

Don't worry about CORS. You'll get used to it eventually, everybody does. You can always ask seniors you meet during orientation week. For explanations on modules, you can search about the faculty website. Usually every module offered will have a description there. CAPS is really quite easy too... It's very similar to any university's GPA system. Just search around on google to read more.

I'm not going for the welcome tea session. Didn't know there was such a thing until I read about it here....

@xxAC3xx
Academics is the strongest factor for gaining admission into Singapore universities, especially for Engineering. Get 4.0 in stpm!! thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM