Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

about NTU admission requirement., need some help here.

views

Tangiers
post Apr 12 2009, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

Hi guys,

From my experience with scholarship application results' announcement, I believe NTU release their results in batches. The most deserving/clear-cut candidates will receive their admittance earlier. The borderline cases will receive theirs later (up to a couple of weeks maybe 3 weeks), subject to (maybe) rejections from the candidates who got offers first. It's the same thing with internship applications. So I guess admission applications are treated similarly. So I guess you shouldn't worry as long as you haven't received rejection letter. But if you haven't received anything after quite some time (say 3-4 or more weeks after the outcomes are announced), then your chances should be slim already.

Wishes, I've asked a couple of my friends about whether 3.58 is able to enter maths in NTU. Waiting for their reply; will update you.

This post has been edited by Tangiers: Apr 12 2009, 05:49 PM
Tangiers
post Apr 13 2009, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(24wishes @ Apr 12 2009, 11:41 PM)
Thanks a bunch tangiers! And cool ur from Melaka as well! Oh hail the historic city! hahaha

Yea, i've applied Maths for NUS as well. Or better yet known as just Science since they categorize the whole 15 major of Science subjects into one term.

Hmmm, may i ask what is this about application outcome in March?

To Pink, yea, they say the application outcome for NUS is around mid of May as stated in their website's FAQ.

As for NTU, it is clearly stated there that for STPM applicants, estimated outcome is this month, April. Here's the link http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/International...tionStatus.aspx

And thank you so much for the optimism. It really helps in lifting the weights on my heart. Man, do i hate this feeling!

Cheers!
You're from Melaka? What school?

Since NTU say April, just wait and see then.
Tangiers
post Apr 14 2009, 01:35 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(24wishes @ Apr 13 2009, 05:53 PM)
From Melaka High School. And you?

By the way, any answers from your friends regarding Math Science in NUS or NTU? biggrin.gif
MHS also. lol I'm Class of '06 Alpha. I go to school from time to time. You might have seen me, or not. Anyway, just wait for your application. I believe Calvin explained the situation quite well. Do you apply to other universities? Make sure your IPTA apps are in order.
Tangiers
post Apr 23 2009, 06:52 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(Cycorn @ Apr 23 2009, 06:42 PM)
so competitive to enter ntu meh?
It is, especially for certain programmes. You would have maximum A's as the minimum requirement. rclxub.gif

Added on April 23, 2009, 6:54 pm
QUOTE(Cycorn @ Apr 23 2009, 06:32 PM)
i didnt get any email and i went to the webpage and check the outcome myself and i get this!

Your application is currently still under consideration. You will be informed of your application status by July 2009.

what does that suppose to mean!
It means, you're probably on some waiting list. Maybe they will review your application if there are rejections from people who are offered places. My friend waited and waited and...

My suggestion is, go all out in your other applications. If you do get NTU's offer, it'd be great. If you don't, at least you have alternatives. Don't burn your bridges.

This post has been edited by Tangiers: Apr 23 2009, 06:54 PM
Tangiers
post Apr 25 2009, 01:13 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(w00ty @ Apr 24 2009, 06:26 PM)
you will be running everywhere to settle your admission and applying your student pass in Lavender. Quite far from NUS..haha
Even further from NTU.

And congratulations to all who got accepted!

Perhaps I could join you all for your celebration?

To those who are waiting, I wish you every success!
Tangiers
post Apr 26 2009, 01:21 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(24wishes @ Apr 25 2009, 03:26 AM)
Tangiers, thank you for telling me that i'm not chasing the competition but chasing the dream.
Thank Flawless for that. Go check out their cool performance on YouTube here.

It's good to have healthy competition. The strongest are there for you to learn from them, draw inspiration from them and maybe, beat them someday. But don't be consumed in the process.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:14 PM