29 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Lombok, Indonesia, Gili

views

TSjanetllc
post Mar 11 2009, 03:30 PM, updated 16y ago

13 posts

hello,
i will be going to Bali, Lombok and Jogjakarta early April, i need to know which mountain is worth to trek near Lombok, thanks
wiNd
post Mar 11 2009, 03:32 PM

I'm watching you
12,683 posts

existing thread on BALI :

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=279792&hl=bali
TSjanetllc
post Mar 11 2009, 04:18 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(wiNd @ Mar 11 2009, 03:32 PM)
I am interested to know about LOMBOK not Bali, actually the Mount Rinjani is the famous trekking area, the requirement might take 2 to 4 days to complete. I am searching for one day trek at Lombok, Any suggestion ???
stimix
post Mar 11 2009, 04:24 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Probably maintain this rather than merging wth the Bali thread. There is lack of info on Lombok & not really popular wth M'sian Tourist smile.gif ..I'm one of few trying to go there & posted lotsa queries & researches b4 going to Bali way back in 2007 but ended up I chosen East Java rather than Lombok.

From my past googling, yes the Volcano Mt rinjani is one of the largest volcano in Indonesia. Other than the volcano, ppl go for the Gili group of islands

To go there w/out flying direct to Lombok, u need to take a cab from Bali airport to Padang Bai which is not near...thereafter another 4 hr ferry ride to Lombok port. Due to the lack of safety on those ferries, the time taken & $$$, I decided not to go doh.gif cry.gif
wiNd
post Mar 11 2009, 05:52 PM

I'm watching you
12,683 posts

QUOTE(janetllc @ Mar 11 2009, 04:18 PM)
I am interested to know about LOMBOK not Bali, actually the Mount Rinjani is the famous trekking area, the requirement might take 2 to 4 days to complete. I am searching for one day trek at Lombok, Any suggestion ???
nvr been to Lombok yet, anyway u can check out this website : http://www.lombok-network.com/

cheers.
??!!
post Mar 11 2009, 08:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

End last year, a friend extended an incredible offer of IMAJ Private Villa to me.
Damn good deal. However, I didn't make use of it; as I don't know anything about Lombok. My friend went there for diving.

That's right from just $20USD! (incl of airport transfers and taxes)

For a limited time we are offering $20USD rooms, a 1 bedroom suite is only $20USD, a 2 bedroom villa is just $40USD and a 3 bedroom villa is an amazing $60USD.  (Normal Prices per night are $130USD, $250USD and $330USD respectively)

(Purchasers are advised that this is a private villa accommodation offer direct from the owners and should not be confused with timeshare arrangements which are becoming increasingly prominent in the marketplace, Imaj Private Villas does NOT participate in timeshare offers.)

I can't see the offer on their site anymore..not sure if it's still valid. If anyone is keen, let me know, perhaps can check with my friend.

Extract from site: (Very useful)

Getting To Lombok

We can help you with your travel arrangements to and from Lombok but as a guide several airlines including Merpati, GT Air and Wings Air connect Lombok with Bali. There are also flights to and from Surabaya (Java) and Sumbawa Besar and Bima. In addition there are twice-weekly flights between Singapore (with Silk-Air) and Kuala Lumpar (with Merpati).
Please see below for more details

If flying between Bali and Lombok you will require a paper ticket as e-ticketing is not yet available, our staff can collect your ticket for you and deliver it to your hotel in Bali. Please note that the Lombok Airport is called the Mataram Airport, important to note when searching for information on the internet.

Frequent Ferries run between Lembar in Lombok and Padangbai in Bali, the crossing takes at least four hours and is quite scenic however the ferries are not luxurious by international standards. Regular ferries to Sumbawa depart from Labuhan Lombok and arrive at Poto Sano in approximately 1 Ω hours.

The new Gilicat service, runs between Telok Kodek in Lombok to Padang Bai in Bali. Travel time is approx 1hour and 20 minutes. Visit them at www.gilicat.com

If travelling to the Gili Islands from Lombok there are various places from which you can leave depending on the waves but you will find this is just a short speed boat ride and well worth the trip. Our tour desk can assist you with the details if you wish to take this tour.

We can assist you with your transfers to and from Bali. Our cost for this is $100USD return / $50USD one way.

This is inclusive of: 21% taxes, our agent’s fee, and our manager meeting you at the airport in bali to hand you the tickets personally.

Here are the flight schedules: please note, they can change at any time without prior notice.

From Bali to Lombok:

MERPATI AIR DPS-AMI 07:00am/15:00pm/17:35pm

IAT AIR DPS-AMI 08:00am/15:30am

TRIGANA AIR DPS-AMI 09:00am/13:00pm/16:00pm

From Lombok to Bali:

MERPATI AIR AMI-DPS 08:00am/12:15pm/16:00pm

IAT AIR AMI-DPS 09:00am/16:30pm

TRIGANA AIR AMI-DPS 08:00am/12:00pm/15:00pm

When requesting your connecting flight, please remember, it takes approx 1hour or more to check out of Bali airport. We recommend you do not rush as any delay in your flight means you will miss the connection. We will not accept any responsibility for missed connection.

Please also note:

Visas on Arrival

$10USD for up to 7 days.
$25USD for 7-30days.

Airport Tax when you leave Mataram airport is 100,000RPH per person.

TSjanetllc
post Mar 12 2009, 09:16 AM

13 posts

thanks...I will try my best to search more information, or else just skip this trip to LOMBOK

a_pearl
post Mar 13 2009, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(janetllc @ Mar 11 2009, 04:18 PM)
nod.gif
according to my dad, mount Rinjani is the famous trekking area also famous for spiritual area. sweat.gif means, many people went there for meditation n so on. haha.... i just heard from people. i've been to Lombok few years back. maybe i can get some information form my dad as he make a research about Lombok. to be more specific, Nusa Tenggara Barat. errr...i think. lol..

but be careful if u want to go there. safety issues though. smile.gif lombokians are not like balinese. i've heard lots of bad thing about it. err...not to scared u but it's important to put your safety as your high priority. biggrin.gif
TSjanetllc
post Mar 13 2009, 03:40 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(a_pearl @ Mar 13 2009, 10:41 AM)
nod.gif
according to my dad, mount Rinjani is the famous trekking area also famous for spiritual area.  sweat.gif  means, many people went there for meditation n so on. haha.... i just heard from people. i've been to Lombok few years back. maybe i can get some information form my dad as he make a research about Lombok. to be more specific, Nusa Tenggara Barat. errr...i think. lol..

but be careful if u want to go there. safety issues though.  smile.gif lombokians are not like balinese. i've heard lots of bad thing about it. err...not to scared u but it's important to put your safety as your high priority.  biggrin.gif
Hi, a_pearl,
So glad to know u ever been there, if you dont mind, can u gather more information for me. thumbup.gif I really like to explore the mountain, i only heard this mountain is very famous.
toto4d
post Sep 1 2009, 05:00 PM

On my way
643 posts

Janetllc,
Have u visitted Rinjani? Mind to share your experience?
I am planning for Rinjani for April 2010. tongue.gif
Lombok Holiday Tour
post Sep 4 2009, 02:15 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(toto4d @ Sep 1 2009, 06:00 PM)
Janetllc,
Have u visitted Rinjani? Mind to share your experience?
I am planning for Rinjani for April 2010. tongue.gif
I f U need Infirmation about Mount Rinjani please visit www.rinjanitrekkingclub.com
toto4d
post Sep 5 2009, 08:23 AM

On my way
643 posts

QUOTE(Lombok Holiday Tour @ Sep 4 2009, 02:15 PM)
I f U need Infirmation about Mount Rinjani please visit www.rinjanitrekkingclub.com
Thanks.

Hehe, oredi bought AA to Surabaya and back from Bali.
Planning to fly from Surabaya to Lombok via Mataram, then hiking, then take boat to Bali. biggrin.gif
jonnie
post Aug 26 2012, 02:22 PM

Casual
481 posts

anyone can share more info on lombok and suggested places to visit ?
gg for 5d4n next year ! thanks
unig
post Aug 26 2012, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
152 posts

We can find a lot of Malaysian girls here ifyouknowwhatImean brows.gif
danielwan
post Jul 17 2013, 10:34 AM

Casual
365 posts

Anybody can share some good accommodation in Lombok?
Putraskyline
post Jul 17 2013, 01:27 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(danielwan @ Jul 17 2013, 10:34 AM)
Anybody can share some good accommodation in Lombok?
The Oberoi Lombok.
danielwan
post Jul 17 2013, 03:33 PM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(Putraskyline @ Jul 17 2013, 01:27 PM)
The Oberoi Lombok.
Wah! Expensive.. cry.gif
Putraskyline
post Jul 17 2013, 03:38 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

QUOTE(danielwan @ Jul 17 2013, 03:33 PM)
Wah! Expensive..  cry.gif
I thought you want a good one?
danielwan
post Jul 18 2013, 11:06 AM

Casual
365 posts

Not so expensive, nice and recommended if possible. smile.gif
vincentwmh
post Jul 19 2013, 11:56 AM

Casual
476 posts

i cancel my intention to lombok due to hear-say not so-so safe, gotta be on high alert all time. HOPE to read more ++ comments to change my mind cos i also heard this place good for snokelling

This post has been edited by vincentwmh: Jul 19 2013, 11:58 AM

29 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0222sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:06 PM