Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Job interview in IBM malaysia (1 Utama)

views

TSJasonMCH
post Mar 6 2009, 09:19 PM, updated 16y ago

5 posts

I recently went for an interview that invited by IBM Malaysia. This IBM is located in Damansara, next to 1 Utama. The job title that i interviewed is 'Customer Fulfillment Professional'. There are several questions i would like to as about you guys' opinion:

1) Is there anyone currently working in IBM? or taking the same job title as i mention above? can share your opinion about it? notworthy.gif

2) Anyone know about the working enviroment in IBM Malaysia? A nice working enviroment for a fresh grad like me? unsure.gif

3) What are the differences between Regulars staff/FTH(Fix Time Hire)/Contract staff ? Which 1 is the best? Plz advise me on details about them. sweat.gif

Any advise is welcome smile.gif
gooze
post Mar 6 2009, 09:26 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(JasonMCH @ Mar 6 2009, 09:19 PM)
I recently went for an interview that invited by IBM Malaysia. This IBM is located in Damansara, next to 1 Utama. The job title that i interviewed is 'Customer Fulfillment Professional'. There are several questions i would like to as about you guys' opinion:

1) Is there anyone currently working in IBM? or taking the same job title as i mention above? can share your opinion about it? notworthy.gif

Lots of lots of lots of work to do...........

2) Anyone know about the working enviroment in IBM Malaysia? A nice working enviroment for a fresh grad like me?  unsure.gif

Be prepared to work at least min 10 hours/day....Especially quater end....

3) What are the differences between Regulars staff/FTH(Fix Time Hire)/Contract staff ? Which 1 is the best? Plz advise me on details about them.  sweat.gif

Definately Regular staff is better. Better in-terms of benefits......

driftmeister
post Mar 6 2009, 09:28 PM

Penggadai Rakyat®
4,133 posts

2) Anyone know about the working enviroment in IBM Malaysia? A nice working enviroment for a fresh grad like me?  unsure.gif

3) What are the differences between Regulars staff/FTH(Fix Time Hire)/Contract staff ? Which 1 is the best? Plz advise me on details about them.  sweat.gif

are u jason from sentul/setapak?

This post has been edited by driftmeister: Mar 6 2009, 09:34 PM
TSJasonMCH
post Mar 7 2009, 08:24 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(driftmeister @ Mar 6 2009, 09:28 PM)
are u jason from sentul/setapak?
No, i'm Jason from Seri kembangan.

Your friend is interviewed in IBM too ? blush.gif

This post has been edited by JasonMCH: Mar 7 2009, 08:26 AM
driftmeister
post Mar 7 2009, 09:03 AM

Penggadai Rakyat®
4,133 posts

No
it's myself laugh.gif
TSJasonMCH
post Mar 7 2009, 09:08 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(driftmeister @ Mar 7 2009, 09:03 AM)
No
it's myself laugh.gif
oic, you're working in IBM damansara ? rclxms.gif
Nice or not working there ? When i went for the interview, i can see that the staffs there are friendly. laugh.gif
are you regular staff or fixed hire contract ? what is the basic salary when you start working there? smile.gif

Added on March 7, 2009, 9:28 am
QUOTE(gooze @ Mar 6 2009, 09:26 PM)

Lots of lots of lots of work to do...........

Be prepared to work at least min 10 hours/day....Especially quater end....

Definately Regular staff is better. Better in-terms of benefits......

thanks for your advise Gooze! rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by JasonMCH: Mar 7 2009, 09:29 AM
normaldude
post Mar 7 2009, 10:40 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

To answers some of your questions:

1. There are more than 100+ people in the IBM Damansara office. I believe your role is a support role for the existing products and is generally Level 2 support. There's no level 1 support for the products in this office. This is quite a technical role and will be challenging.

2. This office is formally not part of IBM until IBM bought over it a few years ago. Hence, the working environment is a bit different than other parts of IBM. The bulk of the office is actually a development lab.

3. Regular staff is the best as they have a career path and the full benefits. FTH are normally on 1-2 year contract which can be converted to regular staff if the person performs well. Contract staff are usually attached with other companies and not paid by IBM, so they are considered non-IBMers but working in IBM.
TSJasonMCH
post Mar 7 2009, 10:52 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(normaldude @ Mar 7 2009, 10:40 AM)
To answers some of your questions:

1. There are more than 100+ people in the IBM Damansara office. I believe your role is a support role for the existing products and is generally Level 2 support. There's no level 1 support for the products in this office. This is quite a technical role and will be challenging.

2. This office is formally not part of IBM until IBM bought over it a few years ago. Hence, the working environment is a bit different than other parts of IBM. The bulk of the office is actually a development lab.

3. Regular staff is the best as they have a career path and the full benefits. FTH are normally on 1-2 year contract which can be converted to regular staff if the person performs well. Contract staff are usually attached with other companies and not paid by IBM, so they are considered non-IBMers but working in IBM.
Really thanks for your sharing! Appreciate that! thumbup.gif
i24hour
post Nov 10 2009, 08:05 PM

2 posts

ibm offered me as customer fulfillment prof n they said got one yr contract..may i know wat is the contract means?
n i know that this post needs long working hour n my offered salary range is not entitle for the OT. anyone who experience b4 that get lower basic but got OT to claim???
I need to know urgently!!! pls help me
WereWolf84
post Nov 11 2009, 07:59 AM

Enthusiast
984 posts

Is there any finance/investment vacancies in IBM now? does IBM offer attractive salary & benefits?
angwk
post Feb 4 2010, 10:05 PM

10 posts

IBM's starting salary is ok,but increments is just so so. Suggest you do sales for IBM if Money is your first priority.
vey99
post Feb 4 2010, 10:24 PM

Manyzer
2,851 posts

IBM BU damn shiok man
lunchtime i stand downstair see the KPMG gals, fuiiiiyoooh

makes me glad to be wif Big Blue

even as a contractor haha
Joey-kun
post Feb 5 2010, 01:03 AM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz
4,662 posts

QUOTE(vey99 @ Feb 4 2010, 10:24 PM)
IBM BU damn shiok man
lunchtime i stand downstair see the KPMG gals, fuiiiiyoooh

makes me glad to be wif Big Blue

even as a contractor haha
oh hai thar i saw alot of hawt chicks at ibm towar too. my office is just next to urs.

kpmg girls so so only la. the singaporean accountants from ibm more syok.
Salience
post Feb 5 2010, 09:55 AM

top of your mind.
1,361 posts

i'm in an organization with average age of men and women is 32 and above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

there is only 2 people below 30. 1 of them is me. the other is the political X based on my other thread!
Joey-kun
post Feb 5 2010, 01:58 PM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz
4,662 posts

QUOTE(Salience @ Feb 5 2010, 09:55 AM)
i'm in an organization with average age of men and women is 32 and above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
there is only 2 people below 30. 1 of them is me. the other is the political X based on my other thread!
are you sure you didint check into an old folks home?
bakkutt3h
post Feb 5 2010, 03:41 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

IBM easy join ka ?
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Feb 5 2010, 03:53 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(bakkutt3h @ Feb 5 2010, 03:41 PM)
IBM easy join ka ?
Depends on what sort of specialization you are looking at , there's VIC, Replication team, Clustering team, Mail Engineers, Server Engineers, DB Admin, Spoke Admin, Lotus Administrator, Domino Administrator..

Lots of goodies if you know IBM well versed..
bakkutt3h
post Feb 5 2010, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
153 posts

security dept and db admin ?

wondering is tough to join like practical/theory test while interview
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Feb 5 2010, 04:02 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(bakkutt3h @ Feb 5 2010, 03:58 PM)
security dept and db admin ?

wondering is tough to join like practical/theory test while interview
I'm quite sure there wouldn't be any test unless there's a new policy in place. Domino Security , DB Admin, if you have your CLP in hand and in finger tips, that won't be tough either..
Patricia_85
post Feb 8 2010, 02:22 AM

Getting Started
296 posts

There will always be vacancy in Accounts and Finance dept..coz ppl are moving in and out from there..High chances of getting hired coz they really short of ppl now..Alot ppl are leaving recently so now is the best chance to send your resume in..

Added on February 8, 2010, 2:25 am
QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Feb 5 2010, 01:03 AM)
oh hai thar i saw alot of hawt chicks at ibm towar too. my office is just next to urs.

kpmg girls so so only la. the singaporean accountants from ibm more syok.
wah..u kap lui ar??? anyway i agree with u..alot of hot chicks in IBM .I dunno about KPMG but IBM definitely YES..hahaha thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by Patricia_85: Feb 8 2010, 02:25 AM

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:39 AM