Problem with Proton Gen2, helps

views

Dovienya
post Feb 25 2009, 04:11 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

Auto or Manual?

I'm using auto Gen-2 , year 2004 spec.
I cant say much bout manual, but from what I know based on auto gearbox concept:

When I was rev-ing high (above 4k rpm, which is typical if I'm overtaking in highway, or "flying" down a slope ;do remember that gen2's auto has auto-shift down concept) I will get the following scenario:

When I start to slow down or stop (traffic light, toll booths), my RPM will remain high, and it will then slowly drop.

This is because somehow (not familiar with the concept), the engine will "cool itself down" and "refuse" to drop the RPM directly. Maybe it is controlled by ECU or maybe it is the auto gearbox

But it normally happen after a high rev, not while I am stationary or <3k constant RPM .

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Dovienya
post Mar 20 2009, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
277 posts

That is downshifting ... and to be exact, cheating downshift ECU calculations

If you read TS's post, it is more toward upshifting (high RPM when driver shift up , 1-to-2, or 2-to-3)

Actually, it could have been caused by ECU ... Campro is an high-rev engine, so I wont be surprise if the ECU rev the engine to maintains the powerband when driver manually shift-up (when there is not enough power during shifting)

Cant help very much as I'm on auto mode . zzz

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Dovienya
post Apr 2 2009, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
277 posts

One possible alternative is to send to PSC.

Ask them to plug the reader to ECU, then take a test drive.

If the RPM climbs instead during changing of gear, ECU might be able to show some insights to the fuel-air-mixture, O2 reading etc ..

Dovienya
post Apr 6 2011, 12:31 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

Send to proton .Ask them to plug in the reader and find the error code.
Then from the error code, they would know what the problem is. You can also request for the error code meaning from them and repair outside.
Not many outside shop have the ECU reader and thus, wont be able to help. Normally they would use the "trial-and-error" style.

Who reset the ECU for your car? proton side or outside shop? If outside shop, good luck. If Proton, you can go back and get the report of the previous service (error code).

QUOTE(ongbak @ Apr 6 2011, 06:54 AM)
i having Gen 1.3 auto....now the engine light keep on...although already reset the ECU still having the same problem...the mechanic also remove out the throttle body to clean.....please help me.....

what could be the posible problem??  cry.gif
Dovienya
post Apr 6 2011, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

Oh yeah... forgot bout that method..

The thing I wanted to inform is that by reset-ing ECU, the error code and log is deleted. Thus, it become harder to find the root cause of the problem.

QUOTE(Conroe @ Apr 6 2011, 12:43 PM)
Reset ECU need pro meh?Just disconnect negative terminal fom battery for 10-20mins and ur ECU will be reseted lor. doh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 12:03 AM