Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Problem with Proton Gen2, helps

views

ongbak
post Apr 6 2011, 06:54 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(sleep_snore @ Sep 6 2010, 10:00 PM)
repot to proton..
i having Gen 1.3 auto....now the engine light keep on...although already reset the ECU still having the same problem...the mechanic also remove out the throttle body to clean.....please help me.....

what could be the posible problem?? cry.gif
nicks
post Apr 6 2011, 09:21 AM

TC
2,067 posts

QUOTE(ongbak @ Apr 6 2011, 06:54 AM)
i having Gen 1.3 auto....now the engine light keep on...although already reset the ECU still having the same problem...the mechanic also remove out the throttle body to clean.....please help me.....

what could be the posible problem??  cry.gif
QUOTE(xshiro @ Sep 6 2010, 09:56 PM)
the worker at proton service centre sometimes not that knowledgeable or has experience..sometimes just they are just guessing and u get a stupid solution

yes, reset the ecu will remove the error codes, and no more check engine light, but it wont solve the real problem
guess its time to send your car for through check.
Dovienya
post Apr 6 2011, 12:31 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

Send to proton .Ask them to plug in the reader and find the error code.
Then from the error code, they would know what the problem is. You can also request for the error code meaning from them and repair outside.
Not many outside shop have the ECU reader and thus, wont be able to help. Normally they would use the "trial-and-error" style.

Who reset the ECU for your car? proton side or outside shop? If outside shop, good luck. If Proton, you can go back and get the report of the previous service (error code).

Conroe
post Apr 6 2011, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(Dovienya @ Apr 6 2011, 12:31 PM)
Send to proton .Ask them to plug in the reader and find the error code.
Then from the error code, they would know what the problem is. You can also request for the error code meaning from them and repair outside.
Not many outside shop have the ECU reader and thus, wont be able to help. Normally they would use the "trial-and-error" style.

Who reset the ECU for your car? proton side or outside shop? If outside shop, good luck. If Proton, you can go back and get the report of the previous service (error code).
Reset ECU need pro meh?Just disconnect negative terminal fom battery for 10-20mins and ur ECU will be reseted lor. doh.gif
Dovienya
post Apr 6 2011, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

Oh yeah... forgot bout that method..

The thing I wanted to inform is that by reset-ing ECU, the error code and log is deleted. Thus, it become harder to find the root cause of the problem.

QUOTE(Conroe @ Apr 6 2011, 12:43 PM)
Reset ECU need pro meh?Just disconnect negative terminal fom battery for 10-20mins and ur ECU will be reseted lor. doh.gif
Conroe
post Apr 6 2011, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(Dovienya @ Apr 6 2011, 01:47 PM)
Oh yeah... forgot bout that method..

The thing I wanted to inform is that by reset-ing ECU, the error code and log is deleted. Thus, it become harder to find the root cause of the problem.
Agreed.The error codes will be deleted.
TSpc-mafia
post Apr 6 2011, 03:37 PM

Casual
320 posts

can i anybody help me?
i can see him and check my car with him
so fed up sad.gif
hmjian
post Apr 6 2011, 05:11 PM

27 posts

my car last time alos like that... after i change the 4-2-1 extractor that this problem already ok more....
TSpc-mafia
post Apr 6 2011, 05:18 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(hmjian @ Apr 6 2011, 05:11 PM)
my car last time alos like that... after i change the 4-2-1 extractor that this problem already ok more....
eh where u buy the 4.2.1?
any suggestion?

sulfuriq
post Nov 29 2011, 10:11 AM

Regular
1,154 posts

QUOTE(pc-mafia @ Apr 6 2011, 05:18 PM)
eh where u buy the 4.2.1?
any suggestion?
Hotbits. I'm using it now for 6 years.
vr2turbo
post Nov 29 2011, 10:35 AM

0 posts

Oh! change to extractor topic already.....
dares
post Nov 29 2011, 02:03 PM

Enthusiast
780 posts

QUOTE(Conroe @ Apr 6 2011, 12:43 PM)
doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

When engine light is lit, means one of the sensor is reporting abnormality and the ECU is telling you something is wrong. There are hundreds of error code, how to guess?

You don't go and reset the ECU (That is the worst thing you can do). If reset already and the error still come up, it should clue you in that the problem is not solved.

You should send it to Proton or any workshop that have the equipment to read your ECU to find out what is wrong.

This post has been edited by dares: Nov 29 2011, 02:04 PM
vr2turbo
post Nov 29 2011, 06:01 PM

0 posts

This one on ECU since Apr 2011, wonder if they are still on it?
dares
post Nov 29 2011, 07:02 PM

Enthusiast
780 posts

QUOTE(vr2turbo @ Nov 29 2011, 06:01 PM)
This one on ECU since Apr 2011, wonder if they are still on it?
Hahahahaha

dammit...still havent learn....tongue.gif
vr2turbo
post Nov 29 2011, 08:06 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Nov 29 2011, 07:02 PM)
Hahahahaha

dammit...still havent learn....tongue.gif
Aiyah, anyway since answered, maybe good for others with similar problem can benefit from it......
Lan2024
post May 30 2012, 08:46 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(pc-mafia @ Feb 25 2009, 03:41 PM)
Im using Proton Gen2 1.6manual year 2005 end
my problem is the rpm of my car keep get high when i change gear especially 1 to 2  to 3
sometimes i dont press the fuel paddle aso the rpm so high until 3 to 4 and sometimes to 5 rpm

it so hard to drive when it jammed
actually this problem is found first i bought the car
but the servis centre say is the spec for gen2
me  donno what to do now
if someone have to same problem that has solve it
pls help me
or someone that know this situation
hope for better driving with my gen2 car
tanhks
post Jun 1 2012, 03:05 AM

On my way
608 posts

Look like it is better to get the manual gear one if want to buy campro car.

mr_crx
post Sep 26 2012, 07:47 PM

1 posts

Hi...

My gen2 1.3 auto always show the engine light...
After the light came out... My gen2 will jerking... After that no power like driving in 2-3 gear..
I already send to proton sc.. But the problem still there..

Anybody can recomend good workshop can solve my problem... Lot os workshop i already try... But still no answer... Plss help...
Saab9000
post Nov 8 2012, 05:53 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(mr_crx @ Sep 26 2012, 07:47 PM)
Hi...
This is your lucky day.
My wife's Gen 2 1.3 have exactly the same problem for long time. Need to switch off engine for a while and the warning light may go off right?
Feel damn stupid driving a car like that as I used Saab for over a decade. Still using one.
I've sent the Gen 2 to Proton service center in Sec 13 PJ. They checked, said EMS error code PO120. They said that means can be due to
1)wiring problem, or 2) Pedal sensor, or 3) Throttle Body.
Went thro the process of elimination, first 2 were eliminated. That took 3 trips.
Sent in again today after they ordered parts (which took weeks), they said with new throttle body seems to work OK.
I'll be picking up the car tomorrow so that can test over the weekend. Part alone >RM500. Labour cost don't know yet.
Frankly, I will only get to know if it's really solved in a week's time after some road tests. Keep my fingers crossed.

The car can be dangerous to drive with the previous condition as there is no power at all when you needed it, like going on a slope.
Think it is this a design problem.

Call this guy Azhar 019 3752410. Helpful fellow.
See if u can short cut the trial and error and focus on the throttle body right away.

Good Luck.

My gen2 1.3 auto always show the engine light...
After the light came out... My gen2 will jerking... After that no power like driving in 2-3 gear..
I already send to proton sc.. But the problem still there..

Anybody can recomend good workshop can solve my problem... Lot os workshop i already try... But still no answer... Plss help...
THE CLASS OF 13
post Nov 8 2012, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(pc-mafia @ Feb 25 2009, 04:17 PM)
thanks for the reply
my car is manual car
it is normal for gen2 manual like that
by the way
wat is TB's ISC ?
dont understand
sometimes when i in slow drive
i change gear without press my fuel paddle
the rpm so high eventhough i dont press the fuel paddle
is it normal like that for gen2 manual car?

hope got a  answer for my problem
u mean throttle delay ka? whenever want to shift gear after pijak the clutch the rpm go higher right? that is because of drive by wire system bro..same with my saga flx oso..if happen when idle i dunno..maybe got problem with ur engine.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 10:53 AM