Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Credit controller at Hong Leong Bank, Please share your view

ko123taro
post Feb 4 2009, 06:50 AM

Group: New Member

Helo all members here, are the credit controller had to chase the people debt externally or through calling center.I AM JUST a fresh graduate who finish the december exam 2008 and actively seeking for the job even result not yet out.
This is my second worried about the interview session after i check the forum about cobra group for JACK Tan marketing applying for management trainee position which required degree, master ,prof qualification but diploma also can apply hehe since i meet one girl there during first group interview,

I know the basic salary offer was RM1800 AND commission more than RM1000 depending on the quota to be achieved. I thought she said to me was the credit controller and not the mix loan position. This is what she send to me through email.

Company : Hong Leong Bank Berhad
Position : Mix Loan
Product/Division :Mix Loan – Pre NPL (Non Performance Loan)
The Job Description :-
 You will be responsible to dun on delinquent accounts as well as to negotiate with customers on settlement proposals (to make 80 to 100 calls per day) and target collection give be given (incentive will be granted if target achieved).
 You will also be required to prepare weekly/monthly reports and update correspondences received from customers or panel solicitors.
 Reporting, budgeting, implement process flow risk analysis and policy
 Approve and evaluate credit applications
 Handling incoming new projects, monthly credit forums/events/workshops/team buildings
 Experience collecting debts from defaulters
 Handle collection & credit evaluation, monitor credit worthiness of existing dealers, order unblocking
 Monthly debtor review and ageing report
 Experience collecting debts from defaulters
Requirements:
• Fresh Degree / Diploma holder without working experiences are encouraged to apply
• Possess good interpersonal and communication skills with a positive attitude
• Result oriented, proactive and analytical
• Able to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
• Must be able to work longer hours
• Able to speak multi-language will be added advantages
Further career / enhancement / position/ advancement
- Financial Credit Analyst
- Credit Management Executive
- Credit Controller
- Team Leader

Mortgage : Product Related to housing loan (secured)
Non performance loan : Accounts or outstanding over 3 months not making payment / inactive.

Yesterday evening, I received a call from ask resource sdn bhd to go the interview session this week but at night i rejected her after i found no correct information in (Job description) said by her during calling session was true and i search the ask resource sdn bhd profile in http://www.ssm-einfo.my/ but could not find whether the company got register or not.

During phone conversation:-
She said to me that do you know what is credit controller and know how to speak mandarin. I only able to speak but don't know how to write. How about cantonese? so i speak in cantonese with her. Then, she continue with the offer (above i mention). After that she talk about the job that i only need to be incharged in calling defaulter and do some administration stuff and she did not mention about experience collecting debt from defaulter. And the document that i need to bring during interview was this below:-

1. resume, one passport picture, cert original and copy-normal stuff
6. Academic transcripts
7. Reference letter/2 referees contacts
8. Secondary School Leaving certificate ***
9. Secondary School testimonial ***
10. Original Payslip (2 months) + a copy each *** - (what is this for?)

11. Number of your parent IC number

The problem i reject was why should we need to give number of parent IC number, and original payslip (2 month)? I scared they might used my information for getting fake loan and my parent as guarantor, my parent can be legally bound to pay back the loan or balance there of if the borrower cannot or will not pay. This is what worried me.

Original pay slip i also do not know what is it for interview? Hong Leong Bank Berhad
14th Floor, Wisma MPL, Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur. Is this place exist? who went there before?

This post has been edited by ko123taro: Feb 4 2009, 06:58 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fookiat
post Feb 4 2009, 07:36 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

when I got my job, I am required to fill in a personal information sheet.

the "parent's IC no." is in there.

Its for HR use. Its a big international company, so I got no worries giving them the information.

As for original payslip, I am a fresh grad, no pay slip. Haha. But you could photostat the payslip, show your manager or whoever is incharge the original copy, let him sign the photostat copy and keep the original.

Good luck in your job finding quest.
+Quote Post
megadisc
post Feb 4 2009, 07:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

i've never been asked to give parents IC number in my line
it's so totally irrelevant leh
+Quote Post
keithcky
post Feb 4 2009, 09:30 AM

Regular

HL bank HR i thought is at Wisma Hong leong? Wisma MPL used to be wisma HLA but sold to MPCB. My gf is working with HL and they didnt ask for her parents IC though. However she is leaving after 2yrs now she got a very much better offer. HL is a place to learn but dont expect good pay, if you willing to learn and work hard there you'll easily get hired elsewhere in the future.

+Quote Post
ko123taro
post Feb 5 2009, 01:53 PM

Thank for the information, because i got curious too about giving parent IC to someelse even though it is international company. What if the person incharge (HR) take ur document and make it as loan for somebody else by using ur related document to apply for the loan. It is quite scary you know if something happen which what we can see in the newspaper and television news. Anything can happen through middle people without our knowing. If they unlucky and been selected to Kambing Hitam die lo you and your parent properties with money as well. hehe rclxub.gif sad.gif icon_question.gif

Is mix loan and credit controller are same as along or not? Do we need to go out and chase the defaulter to collect the money for the bank or just make 100 ++ call are enough to achieved the target whether the defaulter will pay back or not can determine our commission.

+Quote Post
Amanda85
post Feb 5 2009, 02:02 PM

Scuderia Ferrari

i was required to fill in parent's name and occupation, not their IC number.

+Quote Post
ko123taro
post Feb 6 2009, 08:26 PM

Thats more relevant than filling up Parent IC number which make it rclxms.gif act like guarantor or penjamin......
+Quote Post
J'Daniel
post Feb 6 2009, 08:33 PM

Casual

I dont see reason why need parent's IC number
+Quote Post
SilverSpoon
post Feb 7 2009, 10:59 AM

Casual

I heard they need your parents IC so that they can check if your parents have any loans with Hong Leong Bank or not. They will not employ candidate where their parents have loans with Hong Leong Bank.
+Quote Post
lv1209
post Feb 7 2009, 04:26 PM

Getting Started

they nid parents' ic?? strange thing..
+Quote Post
shittzu
post Dec 1 2009, 10:23 PM

Getting Started

er.........may i know how much is basic salary for fresh grad, operation executive?
+Quote Post
jeackson
post Apr 21 2010, 07:44 PM

Hi, Can I know whats the current salary offer for Credit control exec?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0541sec    4.08    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 04:45 PM