Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SMK Seri Bintang Selatan, Is it a good school?

views

spunkberry
post Jan 23 2009, 10:25 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(Annihilux @ Jan 23 2009, 05:09 AM)
SMK Seri Bintang Utara > Selatan.

It's like comparing it between Taylors and other local colleges. ( no offence )
I'm from SMK Seri Bintang Utara ... biggrin.gif
spunkberry
post Jan 25 2009, 03:11 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

the only reason why SBU sucks now is because they brought in the boys. I'm from the original BBGS batch, I left in form four though. The government didn't think that having Sekolah Showcase Negara be an all-girl school was fair so they brought the boys in and now it sucks.

SBU was fine, but the rules were very strict (I was a prefect).
spunkberry
post Jan 26 2009, 03:50 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(andrienne @ Jan 25 2009, 06:23 AM)
i think the bbgs/sbu thing without the boys is better than having boys in. *pls don't start flaming me...* i'm not FCP but just stating this from my personal experience. i've been there when it was all girls and when then when they turned to co-ed.

the teachers, i guess they were kinda inexperienced dealing with boys coz they have been in the all girls school for quite some time*most of the teachers there during my time have been with the school for a very long time*, thus creating problems and there were lacked of guy teachers as well.

i don't know how the situation is now at SBU coz i left during 05'. but yes, it used to be a 'top-notch' school with students getting really good grades to get it (if you're from another school). i joined the school after UPSR and boy i thought it was a super 'honour' back then to be accepted out of the bunch of students that applied for this school back in my primary school. but once i got in, different story sia... there are quite alot of 'famous people' daughters that went there and some 'royalties' as well. but as for them showing attitude and etc, total BS. they are good ones(or so during my time when those girls would invite almost everyone to their place for 'parties').

as for SBS...i heard tht over the years after i left, they are fast to catch up with SBU's 'achievements'. but i guess if you're given the choice to enrol in the school, just go ahead. no harm enrolling in SBS coz it's a cluster school, gov won't let it fare that badly.
I left in 04, and you obviously know that xD since you were in my class year. how are you btw?

but yes, the boys destroyed the standard that SBU had when we were all-girls. Like I said, they made it coed because a top school is unfair to boys if it's all-girls. I don't know why they didn't make CBN coed then.
spunkberry
post Jan 28 2009, 09:32 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(huiyin_hsu @ Jan 26 2009, 03:53 AM)
SBU and SBS are both from BBGS. Please do not say that SBU are the 'decendants' of BBGS. We SBSians are too. and proud to be.
only some sbsians are from bbgs. but now we can't say either of them are from bbgs anymore ... all the ones who were actually in the old buildings have left now.
spunkberry
post Jun 18 2009, 09:33 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Jan 29 2009, 11:49 AM)
Hishamuddin's daughter school there ah ? biggrin.gif
hishamuddin's daughter was my year ... class of 2005. she is a friend of mine.

This post has been edited by spunkberry: Jun 18 2009, 09:33 PM
spunkberry
post Oct 16 2009, 12:02 PM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

both schools SBU and SBS (I attended SBU) have slid more towards the dumps than they did before they brought the boys in, I'll tell you that much.
spunkberry
post Oct 17 2009, 03:45 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

I say once they brought the boys in. The pride of BBGS was that it was all-girls and then they made it Sekolah Showcase Negara .. and apparently people were being all bising about how it was unfair that the top school was all girls. Well they brought the boys in and look what happened.

This post has been edited by spunkberry: Oct 17 2009, 03:46 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:25 PM