Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SMK Seri Bintang Selatan, Is it a good school?

views

TSJohn Lennon
post Jan 24 2009, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Jan 23 2009, 10:25 PM)
I'm from SMK Seri Bintang Utara ... biggrin.gif
"Hows the school? ok?

By the way,what is Skylite? " - John Lennon
Annihilux
post Jan 24 2009, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

Skylite is like an empty ground for the purpose of assembly but with a roof. An open assembly area.
TSJohn Lennon
post Jan 24 2009, 12:13 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

"Oh,at SBS also got Skylite? " - John Lennon
huiyin_hsu
post Jan 24 2009, 01:38 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

Ju have to disagree with you.
SBS now is better than SBU *winks* (don't hit me ok sbu'ians)

Based on our UPSR, PMR and SPM results academically sbs is better but if you are more on the extra curricular area, sbu is the way to go.

I am an ex sbs student also tongue.gif Just left in 2007. We have great teacher's in SBS lah smile.gif

and anyway you shouldn't say taylor's is more inferior compared to the other universities lah.
Its just more reknowed thats all (dosen't mean its good ok wtf)

Added on January 24, 2009, 1:44 pmand yes sbs also got skylight lol. the infrastructure is the same

This post has been edited by huiyin_hsu: Jan 24 2009, 01:44 PM
Annihilux
post Jan 24 2009, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Really mel? You know I got this very wicked idea that SBU opened it's gate for boys, the fail-train comes.
huiyin_hsu
post Jan 24 2009, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

eh ! then are you implying that kuen cheng also allowed the admittance of boys because of the same reason? cmon man. SBS would do better if its an all girls school. Like the old times. Bukit Bintang Girls School.
TSJohn Lennon
post Jan 24 2009, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(huiyin_hsu @ Jan 24 2009, 03:08 PM)
eh ! then are you implying that kuen cheng also allowed the admittance of boys because of the same reason? cmon man. SBS would do better if its an all girls school. Like the old times. Bukit Bintang Girls School.
What is kuen cheng?
huiyin_hsu
post Jan 24 2009, 10:50 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

kuen cheng is a secondary chinese school
QD_buyer
post Jan 24 2009, 11:49 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

My fren said this school got lot of hot girl and jambu boys and most of them are elite rite?
spunkberry
post Jan 25 2009, 03:11 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

the only reason why SBU sucks now is because they brought in the boys. I'm from the original BBGS batch, I left in form four though. The government didn't think that having Sekolah Showcase Negara be an all-girl school was fair so they brought the boys in and now it sucks.

SBU was fine, but the rules were very strict (I was a prefect).
Annihilux
post Jan 25 2009, 08:11 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

Still, even though I'm amongst the first batch of student from SBS, I still think that co-ed system brought these prime schools down. sad.gif
Monya Meow Meow
post Jan 25 2009, 09:32 AM

100% Tiffanyfied
2,222 posts

Haha .... I wonder how come it's the boys who always fails hmm.gif
But please don't generalize.
My brother is in SBU and he's in F5 now. He always gets top 5 in his class smile.gif
And mind you, the best class that is.
huiyin_hsu
post Jan 25 2009, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

Oh im from BBGS as well biggrin.gif since primary 1 =) and i miss bbgs sad.gif
they shouldn't make all these prime schools co-ed though.
andrienne
post Jan 25 2009, 07:23 PM

Casual
429 posts

i think the bbgs/sbu thing without the boys is better than having boys in. *pls don't start flaming me...* i'm not FCP but just stating this from my personal experience. i've been there when it was all girls and when then when they turned to co-ed.

the teachers, i guess they were kinda inexperienced dealing with boys coz they have been in the all girls school for quite some time*most of the teachers there during my time have been with the school for a very long time*, thus creating problems and there were lacked of guy teachers as well.

i don't know how the situation is now at SBU coz i left during 05'. but yes, it used to be a 'top-notch' school with students getting really good grades to get it (if you're from another school). i joined the school after UPSR and boy i thought it was a super 'honour' back then to be accepted out of the bunch of students that applied for this school back in my primary school. but once i got in, different story sia... there are quite alot of 'famous people' daughters that went there and some 'royalties' as well. but as for them showing attitude and etc, total BS. they are good ones(or so during my time when those girls would invite almost everyone to their place for 'parties').

as for SBS...i heard tht over the years after i left, they are fast to catch up with SBU's 'achievements'. but i guess if you're given the choice to enrol in the school, just go ahead. no harm enrolling in SBS coz it's a cluster school, gov won't let it fare that badly.

This post has been edited by andrienne: Jan 25 2009, 07:24 PM
wleong
post Jan 25 2009, 11:01 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

last time call bukit bintang girl school (BBGS) lol....
huiyin_hsu
post Jan 25 2009, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

To be in BBGS is an honour. ^^
Don't worry about being in SBS/SBU.
Its the same lah.

Just give it a try, if don't like then transfer lah. Plenty of other schools around what. VI/St Johns/MBS
QD_buyer
post Jan 25 2009, 11:10 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

Got many awek cun ah ? blush.gif
spunkberry
post Jan 26 2009, 03:50 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(andrienne @ Jan 25 2009, 06:23 AM)
i think the bbgs/sbu thing without the boys is better than having boys in. *pls don't start flaming me...* i'm not FCP but just stating this from my personal experience. i've been there when it was all girls and when then when they turned to co-ed.

the teachers, i guess they were kinda inexperienced dealing with boys coz they have been in the all girls school for quite some time*most of the teachers there during my time have been with the school for a very long time*, thus creating problems and there were lacked of guy teachers as well.

i don't know how the situation is now at SBU coz i left during 05'. but yes, it used to be a 'top-notch' school with students getting really good grades to get it (if you're from another school). i joined the school after UPSR and boy i thought it was a super 'honour' back then to be accepted out of the bunch of students that applied for this school back in my primary school. but once i got in, different story sia... there are quite alot of 'famous people' daughters that went there and some 'royalties' as well. but as for them showing attitude and etc, total BS. they are good ones(or so during my time when those girls would invite almost everyone to their place for 'parties').

as for SBS...i heard tht over the years after i left, they are fast to catch up with SBU's 'achievements'. but i guess if you're given the choice to enrol in the school, just go ahead. no harm enrolling in SBS coz it's a cluster school, gov won't let it fare that badly.
I left in 04, and you obviously know that xD since you were in my class year. how are you btw?

but yes, the boys destroyed the standard that SBU had when we were all-girls. Like I said, they made it coed because a top school is unfair to boys if it's all-girls. I don't know why they didn't make CBN coed then.
Annihilux
post Jan 26 2009, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

That's what I'm trying to say. I'd really love SBU to remain as an All-girl school. smile.gif
Monya Meow Meow
post Jan 26 2009, 10:02 AM

100% Tiffanyfied
2,222 posts

That gives me a funny idea.
If they were to turn MBS or VI into a co-ed school, would they experience a sudden increase in performance ? hmm.gif

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:14 AM